• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite War Movies

outdoor ran

Whats everyone's favorite war movies?

Here are my favorites

1. Saving Private Ryan

2. Enemy at the Gates

3. Platoon

4. Full Metal Jacket

I'm sure there's some good ones that I'm forgetting

Anyone remember the tv series Tour of Duty? I love that one

My tops are: Hamburger Hill, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket and Saving Private Ryan.

I have to agree, i use to watch Tour of Duty all the time..they use to run that series on TNT when i watched it a few years back. I was just looking on hsolist, and see that you can find the complete series of Tour of Duty on there for pretty good price.

All Quiet on the Western Front

Dawn Patrol

Flying Tigers

Sands of Iwo Jimo

They Were Expendible

The Bridges of Toko-Ri

The Green Berets (Even if the sun sets in the east at the end)

Apocalypse Now (Original, not redux)

Saving Private Ryan

Enemy at the Gates

I can't watch Platoon. I always scream at the TV over all the negative cliches.

Platoon and Hamburger Hill have to be the worst Vietnam Movies ever made. Well, I take that back, the Deer Hunter is the worst....besides the European deer and the non recoiling rifles...those slapping scenes were the corniest thing Ive ever seen in a "serious" movie....not to mention the whole russian roulette thing....weird!

My uncle was a combat solider in Nam. Did 2 tours and lost a leg. My dad was a river patrol boat gunner in Nam. They both had a hard time watch Platoon when it came out. Said it hit to close to home.

I still need to watch Band of Brothers. Liked Red Dawn, Mempis Belle, flight of the intruder and few of them older ww2 movies. I'd have to say that Pearl Harbour movie with Ben affleck is one of the worst.

SLEDNECK!!! crazy.gif i dont see how you could say those 2 are the worst NAM movies out there.. i am going to have to disagree with you. i do though, have to agree with the deer hunter being a cheesy movie..yet i do love watching it. grin.gif

Saving Private Ryan

We Were Soldiers

Enemy at the Gates

Kind of the same topic as the Tour of Duty series but for older guys. Anybody remember the old series that used to come on after Vikes games on Sunday afternoons. I think it was called Rat Patrol.

Both my father and father in law are Vietnam vets (two tours for my dad), both had the misfortune of being the smallest guys in their platoons and were "tunnel rats"; both have said that Platoon is closer to what they experenced than any other movie that they have seen.

For my money, Band of Brothers can't be beat.