• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing...

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove by the south east end of Onieda last night before dark, and two or three guy's were off 100yrds between marion and the beach, and two or so brave souls were off lewis point?? a couple hundred yards......not sure on the ice?? and one got a word on it?

Guys - Salmonseeker73 and I are fishing C tomorrow morning, I'll have ice conditions and a report when I return, will be off LC later but will fish the morning off Z's. Mohawk Valley Joe will be off the launch a bit later. Channel 5 on the FRS.... Big Johnny has to work tomorrow so Silver is out.

I forgot to ask but after tonight I don't think it's gonna matter I will bet there's at least 6" or better by tomorrow morning, perfect for Saturday. Rob said there was a hair over 4" on Baker's Tuesday. Heck it might be 6" now grin.gif Be sure to bring your picks and a friend, be prepared. Good luck to all this weekend! Some of you guys I'll see Saturday off Mapleview wink.gif

I'm trying to figure out what the C means, but I'm thinking its the first letter of a lake. I have always wanted to try there, heard the perch fishing was good.

Lots of peeps out on BB getting few fish, the peeps at the big box store are sending everybody and their brother there, and 1 fell through by the creek 2 dys ago. Some people are just a little too adventurous I guess. Going out sat morning, but still no destination, maybe Sandy or BB, maybe both if the bay is slow or lots of pressure. I have some new tip-downs that I need to break in on some perch, so i'm hoping for good ice in front of Constantia by next weekend. Hows the ice at the beach, probaly be a good crew down there this weekend I assume.

-10 here this morning, making ice like mad. smile.gif

TO Tim

Real time report from Timmie at C . . .ice is 4 inches at the shore and 5+ as you go out to the middle of the lake. Few fish in 30 feet of water and and having a ball shallow grin.gif. . . perch, bluegill and a LMB. Jim and he are yankin'!! Might have to take a half day . . .no wind either.

Nice! With these cold temps there will prolly be another inch of ice by the time I get up there tonight. See you all out there tom morning... BTW is there a lot of snow on the ice?

Thanks.

Frank posted the morning report from C, thanks Frank the afternoon I spent looking for perch, thanks for the tips guys... Anyhow when all said and done I ended the day with 18 10" and two nice jumbo perch, and released 20 nice Pumpkinseeds and a rock bass. Fished with Mohawk Valley Joe and his friend Joe also saw Fishingking on the way off the ice. How did you fair Timmy? Hope to see you tomorrow if you don't already have plans.

Met an old ice shanty poster named Ed and fished with him for a while, anyhow he yells to me "Tim, I think I got a nice eye on!" Well after a few runs he finally landed this nice 20"er, cool eh...

1000402cz7.jpg

Caught alot od small perch today and had 4 to 5 throwbacks for every keeper if I kept them wink.gif

Se some of the gang tomorrow. Chris is showing up for breakfast around 6 a.m.,... Franky your in right? Tank and Manning from the south... Hope everyone has a fish filled day tomorrow.

Frank, Thunderman, Tank, Manning and Chris fished C today and basically it was another rewrite of yesterdays skit. Thunderman and I worked over the bluegills smirk.gif Franky and Chris did alot of cutting and moving to find perch. I ventured out to the deep when things slowed shallow and absolutely nobody home in our area. We did catcha couple of stray jumbo perch and some big rock bass. Here's the boys with some of there best. Todd it was great fishing with you and I'll see you next Saturday on Silver. smile.gif Chris glad you could make it out. And Franky as always, good time had by all.

Here's Chris with a nice perch...

1000403tx6.jpg

Here's Thunderman with a slob...

1000404se4.jpg

Franky with a slob gill on a freaking Kastmaster... Like that's a surprise wink.gif

1000405kp4.jpg

Awesome pics tim and it was great fishing with you frank and chris.I hope to fish with all you guys real soon again. Tim we will see you at the pre fish maybe i can win some kind of $$$$ so i can buy one of those nice machines you have there. cool.gifgrin.gif frank we will see you there too it was nice fishing with all of you guys.

Manning and I fished off bakers today.3 to 5 inches of ice.alot of dink perch.Manning took 18 and I took 24 no hogs almost all between 9 and 10.Consevation officer that checked us coming off said that was the best catch he saw today.

Nice pics there. Heading south this am with a couple of newbies to the sport. Fishing with neighbor Tim who bought Hendo's LX3, CNY outdoorsman and the Roque kid.Moraine, Weaver or Caz, who know where we will end up.Understand Delta was a bit slow yesterday and Oneida was loaded with huts off North Bay.35-50 for the day. Took a ride on the sled and found good ice conditions but some areas a bit rough. Way to go Tank on those C perch. Gills on a castmaster only you Frank. grin.gif.Will be good to get out this am and fish with good company. The Mrs informed me we dont need any more fish. frown.gifwink.gif

Todd just got off the phone with a guy that fished it this a.m. and some yahoo tried to go out with his quad and buddy on the back and you guessed it right in the drink they went. He fished Edgewater this morning and he said you were lucky if you found 3.5" shocked.gif

Way to go Tank and you having the nicest pail the EC saw yesterday is no surprise wink.gif Gimme a call for plans for Tuesday, I'm in...

Franky do think we should take Friday off for final preparations for the TA? Wanna have some time to make sure everything is ready to go, I hate last minute... Don't forget the chargers. Looking forward to the rules meeting and running into some of the ice shanty gang that are fishing it..

Salmonseeker73 and CNY Kyle we need to get together and firm up plans for Friday night and Saturday morning.

Was on the lake yesterday with a sled. A permanent shanty out there. The quad went in near the canal.Lots of ice in the NB area. 4-6 all over. Hit Moraine this am with the crew and had a lot of fish slingin. Many gills in the 4-7" range with a few slabs. Managed to catch a few keeper gills and a few slabs. The small side was a mad house, and a few on the large side.A little snow this am then cleared off with a little sun. 3-4" near the parking lot but the farther out you went it got thinner. Did cut a couple holes in 2-3" Snow and slush on top. frown.gif

Went off edgewater at 2pm for the evening bite seen where the guys with the quad went through.They have cones out lineing where they went through.The ice is cracking around that area STEER CLEAR OF THAT AREA. anyways I caught 3 short walleyes alot of sniffers marked quite a few fish couldnt get them to take anything but a blk @sil jigging rap.Ice varys in thickness not uniform I was right next to the edge of the pac ice 22fow 2 1/2 inches of blackice about 3 inches of snow ice crazy.gif.

I called a friend of mine to see how they did off edgwater today and they were the ones that went in the lake.They were fine and they got their quad out.I was just over the same trail yesterday with my sled but they were on a quad going slow. 2 of them and one of me. 12 ft of water and they got out ok. The dec was there in regards to the quad in the water.Not happy.I know I have been there.But thank the lord that they are ok. They are both good friends of mine.

I am ready to go for a dawn start at Silver Lake tomorrow. I got two sight fishing rods ready, and three St Croix Legends triggered and ready to fire. Right now, the plan is to go off of Traber Road. Main target is perch.....the gills have been pretty easy to get into at the south end from what I hear. The perch have been somewhat picky, so I like a challenge and will target them. Right now, the Wizard is going to join me, and some other WNY boys are tentative. I will report later tomorrow how we made out. Hopefully I can sleep tonight as this is my first time out this year...... laugh.giflaugh.gif