• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing...

Fished the always incredible Lake George last Saturday and had to fish close to shore due to all the snow and the fact our quads were going nowhere fast grin.gif Ended up jigging up a few lakers with one good 28"er in the mix from our group. This weekend I'm prepared and last night I bought a nice used snowmobile to get around with out there. We'll be back early Saturday morning to go after some more lakers and perch except this time we'll have snowmobiles to reach the good spots cool.gif

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to get Frank to take a day his week to hit the big O but it's tough with his schedule but will see. I am and will take one or possibly two days off this week to fish Todd. I even thought about the Bernhards Bay debachle last night after fishing with Franky., that's where I got my nickname Four Chains from Dark Cloud. grin.gif Getting that caravan stuck was a beotch but getting about as close to a limit each of jumbo perch with my son was priceless. It's time to make another good memory on that lake. Todd you been a heck of a Dad to that beagle of yours I could feel the love when we met up at Sav-On earlier this season.

Tank - Geez man forgetting your MarCum, that's about as close to a cardinal sin as you can get unless you like to sight fish wink.gif Now what should your pennance be???? hmmmmm will have to think about that... wink.gif Having that extra room in the van allows me to carry extra electronics so even if someone as wise as you forgets or cooks there battery I got your back buddy, right Franky wink.gif

Today would have been an excellent day to fish period you couldn't of picked a nicer day Tank..

ENY Tyler - Hey buddy gimme a hollar at work.. North Shore, Hendo and I want to hit the craps Saturday with you and Bud. I'll bring that VX-1 down for your buddy and I still have a couple left if you need more...Let's set something up... Franky you in? I need a rider, another road trip but much shorter..

Todd how's the pup? You guys up for an evening therapy session on the sm. side of Morraine? Reports have been good to very good.

cnypanfisher - What's up Tim?

insuranceguy - John it will be happening soon, gotta get to the King. Just changed the oil in the van yesterday and I'm ready to hit the road.. Weekday or weekend it doesn't matter. I'll be in touch...

I'm ready whem you are Tim, lemme talk to the boss about some days off. So I said to myself, "self you need to go fishing", ok, I got the days off when you are ready bud. I can fish weekdays and weekends are fine too. Been seeing lots of folks between little + Long Island, they must be up to something. lemme go check shanty + see if there are any good reports, and call percheyes and see if he did anything this week. I guess they are getting a few perch between the islands, mostly on tip-downs with buckeyes. Saw 1 report from dakins that a guy got 1 wally in 4 hours, not too good. I will message a few guys + see whats up, give me a call today Tim.

TO Tim

Tim were on for tomorrow wink.gif see you at 7 a.m.

Depending on how we fair tomorrow I'm thinking Saturday as well, Franky will most definitely be in for that, I stopped in his office and left a note on his desk to call me Tim...

Tank, Dark Cloud and Billy - See you Friday, I may have a surpise guest from out west a tall feller by the name of Big Johnny, it's a long shot for him right now but you never know.. smirk.gif

ENY Tyler - Thanks for the call this morning, will do it another time maybe the following weekend will be good. Have fun snowmobiling up in the Dacks...

Well gonna let the boss know I'm off and fishing the next 3 days, yee haw!!! Will have reports coming...

TIM next saturday would be perfect for me and bud I think bud is heading up to lake goerge this sunday in search of lakers . get some guys together and let me know if that will work for you I have a couple of places we can try all good fishing holes talk to you soon good luck guys this weekend .

Quote:

insuranceguy - John it will be happening soon, gotta get to the King. Just changed the oil in the van yesterday and I'm ready to hit the road.. Weekday or weekend it doesn't matter. I'll be in touch...

The KING will be ready when you are grin.gif I'm picking up my snowmobile tomorrow night and I can't wait for Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks insurance guy - you dah man...

Talk to Big Jerry tonight and he's been getting beat to death on C, but he's O'l school Kastmaster in 30' of water and you know that shtuff don't happen much if any in the deep water. Anyhow he will be there Fri. and also let me know that parking Tank will not be a problem, just stay off the bends and will be fine. He advises not digging out your hut before you drill or your asking for trouble, try to put your shack on a high spot or bring your knee loving Burly's crazy.gif

Talk to cnypanfisher while I was rigging for the big O run, all systems are go and I'll be picking Tim up around 0600, call you when I hit Cleveland Tim. If you have a head lamp on you could morse code me in grin.gif Looking forward to meeting you and a cardiac breakfast at the Cove. My treat, VX-1 loaded and LX-5 and managed to get some of the hard packed snow off the drive way. Low pressure system coming in tommorrow Tim and the afternoon bite could be fantastic. Two rods ready with a LA knacker and a Northland RT Forage Minnow and 2 rods Freching grin.gif with a parrot YBD and glow/black dot w/ red bead YBD. If they don't hit that I'm a dead man. ooo.gif Gonna run a mayfly off my RT Forage like Tank suggested wink.gif

Well just wanted to let you know you guys can call me with an on ice report, I'll put it on speaker if things get hectic grin.gif I'll be running three holes tomorow like the Tankster wink.gif

Packed the digital cam too can't stand seeing Tim with no head shot grin.gifsmile.gif

North Shore were trying to scout for something for Saturday and hopefully things will be quadable, Tim said there's a nice sled highway to 130 now and lot's of guys out there fishing today...

Gonna miss you Franky frown.gif Tim and I will have it scouted for Saturday, that's the plan and if we do well Tim and his brother may join us Saturday...

too much going on at the office Tim . . .too much babysitting . . .but you never know about the afternoon . . .might hear the Yama coming your way . . .no promises though. You can expact a call however! Good luck to both Tims.

I will expect your call Frank... After the inspection shtuff is all said and done it's all systems go...

North Shore make sure Hendo has the 660 Grizz ready you never know the highway could be packed down and tight wink.gifplusit's been like forever since I walleye fished with you guys...

Tim,I wish you guys luck out on the big O I wish I could join you guys but I have to work today and tomorrow.has anyone heard of anyone getting out off JEWEL? And if their is parking there still?Have a good time guys and good luck.

Hi Guys well you didn't miss much searching for perch today there just wasn't many marked in 4 areas we checked with a little help from Cornell Sample takers, the picture on the lake for the perch bite was dismal today and from what he said when he saw us. "Yyou guys are doing pretty good compared to the other guys he checked." We ended up with a 1/2 dozen a piece in 23' of water, ice was a good 5-6" of black and 8-9" of white. No Quads Period..It's not getting out in the morning that's the problem but witnessing a guy around 1300 hours winching his ATV out three times had to suck, sled travel is fine and you can pretty much go anywhere out of Constantia. Met Jerrod Tim's buddy from IS out there and fished with him most of the day then we took off to fish 9' of water and fished with Jimmy and I caught a bunch of dinks. Guess we should have been there on Tuesday with Jim he really gotta nice flurry going. That's fishing and that's how it goes tomorrow Tim and I will be heading out to the islands to see what's shaking. Z is off tomorrow and he may walk out for that 23' which is about 3/4 mile walk from Constantia.. Not to many guys fishing up on this end, hmmm. Hopefully will have better luck tomorrow. Breakfast at the Cove was great and Tim picked up Pizza at lunch that they delivered to the break wall, that was cool.

See you in the morning Tim at 0600..

Here's the pics...

cnypanfisher - Nice one on his tip down

1000412sp4.jpg

Tim with another nice Oneida tip down perch..

1000414ig1.jpg

A tip down walleye so cnypanfisher thought grin.gif

1000416hi2.jpg

Yours truly with one of my 3 hogs... The pink/purple LA Knacker caught most of the few fish I caught today.

1000413lw9.jpg

Nice fish guys atleast you didnt have to work hows the walking? It should tighten up with the cold temps that are coming. Tim im going off the south shore sunday for some perch some place around chapman park, saturday morning i have to give blood to my Doctors office at 830am so im going to get a late start mad.gif dont know where yet confused.gifconfused.gif.

Since I left the office at a little before 8 pm . . . I would emphasize . . . any day fishing is better than a day at the office. Wow a full image of ToT, face and all!! There are so many things I could say, but I'll keep it civil . . . grin.gif Just kidding . . .pizza sounds good, but . . .

Well all I can say is s-t-r-o-k-e, yes the Oneida search for perch left us with dampened spirits so to speak, cnypanfisher can explain it better frown.gif Fished by 130 and Dakins and never marked a fish pulled back to our original position and marked a few fish but they were a bit finicky, ended up with only one nice one and couple of 8-9's and pulled off at 11:10 a.m... Ice conditions are improving and should be quad ready for Saturday saw one out there moving with ease.. Easy walking with a nice dusting on top to keep you from slipping. Will see what reports we get Tim and I'll call you later if it's a go..

1000417lj2.jpg

Frank - Talked to Z off Lewis Pt. and Craig and him didn't catch or mark hardly any fish they moved quite a bit searching and the only thing they caught was a 17" walleye. I think with the impending winds predicted for tomorrow we will need to fish the north east side of a large lake and a better bet would be a smaller lake. Going to Dinner at 5 p.m. for my father-in-laws birthday to Babes, I'll give you a jingle when I get back... Be careful tomorrow boys winds 15-30 mph with gusts to 40 mph. crazy.gif

Tim local news predicts 10 to 18 NW winds tomorrow confused.gif going to try between chapman park and fremac marine i have a couple spots marked where i caught fish last year at this time,are you guys going on the north shore? I will give you a call and see how your making out or if you want give me a call GOOD LUCK GUYS.

Darkcloud and I went to a small lake in PA because of wind conditions.Kept 34 9 in perch.It still was pretty bad with white outs all day.I know what it was like on Oneida because i used to go under those conditions.

Had a 2 gallon bucket spill in the clam Tim let me borrow, soaked everything including my poles and reels + dry gloves timmy's marcum,and my brother in-law's GPS, and I had damp ones on to boot. Had a heluva time just geting enough line to fish in the last/first spot we were at/my reels were frozen solid. I am going to persevere, and will be back for more at 7am guys, the cove opens at 6. Tim had some jumbo pancakes, I can't belive he ate the whole things. Tip-downs are thawed out, jet sled is loaded and fresh minnows + i'll be set for the morning.

Sorry for the short trip Timmy, nobody likes a whiner. smile.gif

TO Tim