• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing...

Way to go John - Last thing I want to do this weekend is drive far to fish after all the wind and white shtuff Frank and the boys wen't through I need a break and will keep it local for Saturday., Tully does sound interesting, haven't been there in a while but trudging through 2' of snow doesn't sound appealing either. Wait for reports and check in with Tank this week to see what's going on down south. Will have something by Friday I'm sure... The King is a definite trip I wan't to make maybe we can get Shawn to attend with Robb as well. It would be another fine outing like Mayfly grin.gif

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to fish oneida , invest in some snowshoes and bring a snowblower with you.:) I guess we could find a brave soul to plow a road, otherwise I think a road trip to fish elsewhere is inevitable. I guess the snow avoided Chamount, so thats where i'm heading this weekend unless some1 has a better idea.

TO Tim

Tim - Your right on with that I had 4' drifts in front of the garages and behind my neighbor's house to clear this morning. It's hard to say how much we actually got inch wise because of the blowing and drifting but in the low spots there seemed to be 10 to 12" of this shtuff.

Silver is looking real good for Saturday... grin.gif

Saw 2 guys walking out this morning at Constantia, they are fitter than my old az. If I tried walking out 1/2 mile to the spot i'd give myself a coronary. Still lots of snow on the lake, but it seems to be blowing off some as is hasn't packed down that much. Any1 got any good reports for perch biting in the area at all??

To Tim

Well the lake effect machine has not let up., Oneida lake and North are getting pounded and even though we have only picked up a dusting to .5" last night the lake effect is hitting us right now crazy.gif

Camden, Adirondack and South Lewis schools closed. It's a lovely winter aint it?

Z called this morning and he fished Lake Z yesterday and conditions were 8" of snow on the ice and slush up to 3" worth underneath frown.gif The bite was awful to add insult to injury.

Silver's 3" of snow on top sounds like a picnic walk compared to the dump on lakes in CNY. The way things are we may have to fish west, extreme south or east this ice fishing season till things settle down, and you can forget fishing North. crazy.gif

John the fish wagon will be heading due east next weekend and probably the next weekend after that as fishing with you and Robb are priority as well as ENY Tyler and Bud. The fish wagon's gonna be racking some miles on her and that's fine by me then trying for a coronary hauling through the drifts arount dees lakes in CNY!

Quote:

Insurance guy are you getting any good size to the lakers how much ice is on lake george thought about heading up one weekend

Typical LG lakers from the normal 20" up to 25". No monsters but on a good morning or afternoon I'll usually jig up anywhere from 10 to 30 trout which is a whole lot of fun. The ice is running about 7" now on the south basin over deep water and more in the bays. North basin around Hague is still wide open as of today except for the bays!

insurance guy - Talked to USMC Steve tonight he's back! I told him about Silver Saturday but I also told him my thoughts about coming out your way next weekend. Were throwing it around, but I want him to take care of himself it's like he has this bronchial thing going on, it must be this retirement in 3 weeks and the stresses of moving. Anyhow will be in touch with you for something next weeekend. He said if he feels better he'd come out and fish Silver with us Saturday, but thats like a 5 hour drive from Newburgh isn't it? I know he loves to fish but I'd be questioning that run to Silver myself, unless it's The King.... well..... That's a different story wink.gif

We gotta get with Steve for one last go before he retires and departs for Michigan... I know he said he was definitely fishing the Trap Attacks in Wamplers and Silver next season but it won't be the same good time like we had in the boat. Fished to little to late, dam.

Anyhow he's back safe and sound and the boats and open water fishing gear is back in Michigan in storage.. Gonna miss that Alaskan frown.gif

Tim I have today off from work gonna hit small waters here in madison co. we got about 4 inches of snow here this morning winds blowing pretty good not as hard as silver I dont know what they got SE of here. The snow is real fluffy it shouldnt be that hard draging the DEER SHANTY will let you know about conditions when Im done getting my CARDIO for the day.I hope the bite will be on but you know the pressure doesnt look so good confused.gif its like the lottery you never know.Good luck at silver tell jonney and franky i said HI GOOD LUCK GUYS. Thunderman out

Good luck today Todd!

Snow yup.... and that's how much snow we go last night another 4" so that's a 10" total in one day in Rome.. Silver picked up a little snow last night but nothing compared to the lakes around here. Johnny is checking the cam later... The Wizard will be there fishing it with us, looking forward to seeing you again Scott.

Frank - Johnny say's 5:45 would be better to be at LeRoy so that put's us departing by 3:30, I will be at your place by 3:15 with Steak Bagel, hash brown, and med. black coffee.

We load and go! Big Johnny call my cell when you hit the road from Greece and I will let you know where were at!

Quote:

insurance guy - Talked to USMC Steve tonight he's back! I told him about Silver Saturday but I also told him my thoughts about coming out your way next weekend. Were throwing it around, but I want him to take care of himself it's like he has this bronchial thing going on, it must be this retirement in 3 weeks and the stresses of moving. Anyhow will be in touch with you for something next weeekend. He said if he feels better he'd come out and fish Silver with us Saturday, but thats like a 5 hour drive from Newburgh isn't it? I know he loves to fish but I'd be questioning that run to Silver myself, unless it's The King.... well..... That's a different story
wink.gif

We gotta get with Steve for one last go before he retires and departs for Michigan... I know he said he was definitely fishing the Trap Attacks in Wamplers and Silver next season but it won't be the same good time like we had in the boat. Fished to little to late, dam.

Anyhow he's back safe and sound and the boats and open water fishing gear is back in Michigan in storage.. Gonna miss that Alaskan
frown.gif

I guess Steve's heading out pretty soon but hopefully we can do one last trip. Silver would be at least 5 or 6 hours from Newburgh. Keep me posted on next weekend and you're always welcome to come out anytime. If you want to stay over I've got two very nice and comfy guest rooms at my home and you get your pick grin.gif The other option Robb and I have talked about is making a day trip down to our walleye lake that we fished with the boat back in November and bring the quads to get around a little easier through the snow. We'll figure something out here in the next couple weeks! I can smell that fresh grilled venison and chili already cool.gif

I fished leb res today for a few hrs this morning caught a dozen blues no keepers the bite was slow.The walking was good a couple of inches on top light fluffy stuff. ice is about 6 1/2 to 7 inches. The wind helped by keeping the snow off.

Tim,fished for a little while on saturday at the dyke didnt have that long to fish but caught some nice fish with bud.Sunday got tired of catching bluegills and dinks had to move around alot to finally find some crappies (little guys and keepers)at a local lake in town.Tons of ice no snow. smile.gifsmile.giffebuary20071006yr1.jpg

Franky - I'm in for Oneida Saturday, breakfast is on me grin.gif

Slip Bob - Good luck on the lakers Saturday and we will get together soon, nice talking with you.

Tank - Will have a full report on our run buddy, great job catching today. Good luck wherever you guys end up fishing tomorrow...

cnypanfisher - I'll give you a call, Franky and I are heading your way Saturday and if your available and you would like to run with us or we can run with you, whatever. Frank has a two-up sled. I'll call you and touch base with you.. We usually stop for breakfast at the Vienna Hotel on the way up. wink.gif