• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike Photo Gallery

Rick

Great post guys with some very nice looking NP. I'm a new guy to the site and wanted to add a few NP pictures from my last few years. I'm a Mass, USA guy and mostly fish CT + RI waters. Been lucky to land 1 or 2 over 20lbs the last few season and as you can see then grow fat + fast in my waters but only live to be 8-11 years I'm told by my local DEP. Here's a look.

-Danfull-39251-12474-dsouth_46277_post_804_1

full-39251-12475-dansouthwick.jpg

Welcome to HSO!!!Those are some massive pike. what is the dominant forage for these pike in the lakes you fish? thanks, good luck.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Of the 6 lakes that me and my crew Ice-fish the one thing we have seen over the years is that the lake with in coming and out going rivers have the biggest Pike and the one thing that’s common is Trout stocking both in the rivers leading into the lakes along with spring + fall lake stockings. High protein Trout along with red fin pond shiners, dace/fallfish, yellow perch, blue gills + both SM + LM = HUGE Pike in my area. State record is 29lbs in CT + 35 in RI, best from my group for CT is 26lbs14oz + 26 even for RI and both where trout eaters. Here’s a look at the 26.14 that my friend Joe landed and released a few years ago. That GIANT was only 41.5” long and was caught on a tail end of a winter nor’easter on a 10” fresh killed pond shiner 6” off the bottom in 9’ of water.

Bring on the ice.LOL.

full-39251-12543-post_804_1231765096.jpg

full-39251-12544-post_804_1231765113.jpg

that's an incredible pike. the lake where i have had experience with big pike has the same senario, that is why i asked the question. not only is the lake i fish stocked with trout it also has a good population of smelt [which i fish for through the ice as well]. again, those are some awesome pike. great work. good luck.

Found a few more older NP pictures to add to the post as you can see my dog Rocco loves the ice. Also added a crazy Channel Cat-Fish picture, that Cat took a 10” dead pond shiner on a day of pike fishing. Certified the Channel Cat in and it ended up being a World Record for the biggest Channel ever on a tip-up (trap). Weight was 26lbs8oz length was 36” with a 25” girth she barely fit through a 10” hole.

full-39251-12678-22.14np.jpg

full-39251-12679-oldhognp.jpg

full-39251-12680-roccodog.jpg

full-39251-12681-1eyenp.jpg

full-39251-12682-recordcat.jpg

You have to learn how to hold them better, I seen 28 inchers held "properly" look bigger than that winksmile Nice fish TW!!!

grin

There are days where i wish i was 5'5" and 120#...(Well, only when holding a nice fish for the camera) Instead i'm 6'6" and 270# and all my fish pics look small laugh