• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike Photo Gallery

Rick

Here is a 15lb. pike I caught in the Mississippi River near Red Wing Minnesota trolling Shad Raps for walleyes. We were trolling and going to the boat landing to end the day of fishing and as I was winding in this pike hit my Shad Rap and it took about five minutes to get it in the net.

Released it too!

full-983-19738-mississippiriverpike.jpg

Also caught a 18" walleye! Good day for sure!

so opening night me and the girlfriend headed up to a dam near by to stake out a spot for walleye. ended up passing the time catching some crappies, while reeling in a crappie, a pike attacked it. knocking the crappie off the hook, and somehow getting hooked on the outside of the mouth itself. after a nice long, interesting fight on the UL and 2lb test we were able to land it. not the biggest pike, pictures dont do it justice, but she was pretty thick

577242_10150843340339934_696349933_98793

577596_10150843343079934_696349933_98793

577183_10150840320939934_696349933_98691

full-35080-21962-img_0012.jpg

Here is a pic of my personal best pike i got on Mille Lacs in Cove Bay at a spot we call alligator ally. it was shown to me by an old angler. sure did hold up for it's name that day. it was 22 lbs. 12 oz. we used tip ups that day with suckers and hardly had a hit. i was in my portable fishing with a crappie jig and minnow when this one hit. we got most of the pike that day on the crappie rigs vs tip ups. it took awhile to get it in with 6 pound test.go figure. this was in the mid 80's good luck.