• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Movie reviews...

Corey Bechtold

I recently heard that "Talladaga Nights" was a good movie from a friend who went and saw the movie. I asked him if it was worth seeing in the movie theater and he said it would be good either way. I want to see it but like the abitily to rewind and see the funny parts more than once. I also like the captions occasionally to see what the actors are really saying. I will be waiting till video to see this movie.

Anyone else see "Talladaga Nights"?

Later,

Corey Bechtold

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went and saw it last night and I laughed so hard it was crazy. It was a ton like "Anchor Man". The Ricky Bobby's son Texas Ranger has some great one liners in the movie. I will put this one in the movie collection when it comes out.

Maybe I will do the same, just buy it once it comes out. I wonder what the special features will be?

I also heard the the "You, Me and Dupree" movie was a good one. The only thing is I can only handle so many Luke Wilson movies. He was good in "Wedding Crashers" but it seems like all the roles are pretty much the same.

Anyone going to go see "Beerfest"? That movie looks like it will be better seen on the couch after 4-5 beers. :grin: I might have to wait for video on this one as well.

Later,

Corey Bechtold

I saw it on Sunday and we were pretty much alone in the theater so I had to listen to myself and my daughter laffing. Funny movie I give it a thumps up, a lot of really funny one liners. One of my favorites was the " I got it on sale at target" will rent it so I can replay some of them over again..

My wife and I were at the movies a couple weeks ago and saw some very interesting previews.

One was called "Invincable" staring Mark Wahlberg which is about a guy (can't remember his name" who was a walk-on for the Philadelphia Eagles (based on true story). Looked like a good one to see at the theater. I think they're advertising the movie on TV now.

Another I believe was called "Guardian" staring Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher. I think this one is based on a true story also, where a guy on the US Coast Guard ends up training young Coast Guards and such. A different pairing with Costner and Kutcher, but it looked like an EXCELLENT movie. My wife and I can't wait for that one to come out, but I don't think it is supposed to come out until early fall or thereabouts.

This past weekend my wife rented "8 Below". Excellent movie in my opinion. Rather incredible to say the least.

Corey- You should check out Super Troopers if you havent already seen it. It's the same group of guys that are in Beerfest (Broken Lizard). Not much of a quality movie but the opening scene will have you rolling on the floor laughing.

Farley, I saw "Super Troopers" a while ago and used the "Beer" rating review. I had about 5 and laughed my butt off during that movie. The problem is I can't seem to remember too many scenes from it! grin.gif

Basscatcher, I saw the previews for the Mark W movie and looks like it will be a good one. Mark does a pretty good job with most of his roles. We'll have to wait and see.

Later,

Corey Bechtold

My brother, brother-in-law, and another friend and I all went to see Talledega Nights lastnight. Overall a pretty funny movie. Will Ferrell is just one of those guys that I can't even look at without laughing, because all I think about is the movies he's been in and the stupid things he's done. He's definitely high on my list of favorite comedy actors!

Quote:

My brother, brother-in-law, and another friend and I all went to see Talledega Nights lastnight. Overall a pretty funny movie. Will Ferrell is just one of those guys that I can't even look at without laughing, because all I think about is the movies he's been in and the stupid things he's done. He's definitely high on my list of favorite comedy actors!

Yeah, we came up with a theory that it seems like there's always a scene in all his movies where he gets naked or mostly naked. Weird... grin.gif

Quote:

Yeah, we came up with a theory that it seems like there's always a scene in all his movies where he gets naked or mostly naked. Weird...
grin.gif

Wow, I thought about the same thing, EXACTLY !! He cannot resist the temptation to be almost naked on any scene, wether is movie or show.

Talladega Nights was pretty funny. It had some good laugh out loud moments, but it was no Anchorman. My favorite quote from Ricky Bobby: "I wake up in the morning, and I pi$$ excellence!" Even my wife liked that one.

-Hossienda

Heard from a co-worker that "Open Season" was a good kids movie. He said it was real funny and he and his daughter really liked it.

I want to see "Jackass #2" but might want to see it once it comes out to video.

Anyone else seen any good movies lately?

Later,

Corey Bechtold

11, 8 and 5. My friends kid is almost 9 and she really liked the movie. As a parent it is difficult deciding if it's worth bringing a younger one to the movie with prices and all. One time I took my 3 kids and 2 of my neices to see a movie. By myself!!! It was ok and the most enjoyment I got was watching their faces as they glared at the screen at funny parts of the movie. Priceless grin.gif.

To combat prices I would try and go to a matinee to save a few bucks.

Good luck PETIE,

Corey Bechtold

Quote:

I just watched 40 Yr Old Virgin and would say it did not live up to the hype. Definitely not for kids IMO and would not recommend spending dime-one on it.

I watched it when it first came out and thought it was the funniest movie I had seen in a long time. It's not for kids, that's for sure, but for adults, it's hilarious.

OK, so when he's screaming at the lady doing the hotwaxing of his chest, that was pretty funny. And when the drunk girl is driving him back to her place, that was pretty funny. And when.......

It had many comical parts indeed but many drab parts also...just didn't meet the hype IMO.