• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Report Your Archery Kill - 2006

Rick

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ran, Truely one of my best experiences bow hunting. I thought last year was good, but this was sweet delight. He eluded me for what seems forever, but I finally caught up to him... Anyway, any ice up there yet. We finally have enought to get out, will be going this afternoon for some of gills. The wife and kido want fish for dinner!!! (Contact Us Please), gotta go fishing again.. Take care, SB

I managed to harvest number 2 for the season last night. Had 3 of them come in and i shot a doe at about 5 yards. I was shooting close to staight down. Arrow went through both lungs and stuck in the dirt. It is my first year with a bow and i am glad i purchased one. I never got a shot off with a gun this year, just passed on a small fork. But it is nice to get some more meat in the freezer, and nothing is better than sticking a deer!!!

JS

I shot this one on some public land south of Glenwood October 30th. I didn't recover him till Halloween day around 12:30. I couldn't get him to stop when he came by broadside at 15 yards so when I pulled the trigger I ended up gut shooting him by accident. I realized that I made a poor shot after I watched him trot away with my arrow sticking out of his belly. I figured out that I didn't lead him any when he trotted by me. I waited about 2 hours before I got down out of my stand. It tracked him for about 300 yards and he was leaving a real good blood trail. I found my arrow and that is where I kicked him up. He took off and it didn't even look like he was hurt. I left the woods and went home to watch the Vikings lose. At about 11pm I went back out to track some more. I lost the trail at the edge of the woods so I left and went home again. The next day I went out at 10:30am and found the blood trail. I ended up crawling on my hands and knees looking for blood. It took me till 12:30 before I found him. He was laying in a willow thicket with his feet curled up underneath him. I figure since he was still warm inside and it was 10 degrees out with a 30mph wind he hadn't been dead very long. He is a 13 point with over 12" G2's. I green scored him at 160 5/8 and he dressed out at 187lb. This is my first buck with a bow and it is the largest buck that I have ever shot.

2006Buck002.jpg

archerydoe007.jpg

I was able to harvest this very large doe early this past october. Was sitting in a stand between two food plots. I looked under my shoulder and saw a doe walking down the tractor trail between the plots. she walked right under me and started quatering away from me as she walked onto the plot in front of me. I drew back and she turned broadside at just under 10 yards. My arrow disappeared behind her shoulder and her side shook. She mule kicked high and bolted across bolt. She stopped for a second on the far side the crashed through a blackberry patch. We fell while running full bore only about 100yds from the stand. My roommates and I ate all of her before rifle opener. We have ate 5 deer this winter already.

I took two mature does this season. Unfortunately it took a week to find the first one, well it took me a week but only a couple of days for the coyotes and crows. I also found a shed antler last spring that measured sixty three and three eighths inches but could'nt find the owner this season, oh well maybe this year.