• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna bring my chocolate chip cookies again but my old lady decided she wants to make rice krispie treats, so we're bringing those..See you all there!

Dennis, Cool that you found a can. Did it cost a lot to rent and are you gonna charge at the door? ("$1 to stand, $2 to sit. Light a match." - P.C.U.)

Now, who's bringing the name tags? wink.gif

Starts in the AM on Saturday, what time do you expect it to end, and/or do people play the ice on Sunday? Might head over. Inlaws live in Eden Valley. If heading in on Hwy 55, support the local bait shop/liquor store, Mike's Bait. Good people there.

River-rat4- Brandt

Here's the schedule:

Morning:

Fishing and fun. Chattin with your FM and IceLeaders buddies.

If you need a few tips I'll be available all day.

There will also be plenty others that can share some tips as well.

Noonish:

Pot luck lunch and fish fry.

Imediatly following will be the Raffle. You will need a raffle ticket. You can get them by saying hello to me.

Afternoon: Either a knap after eating all that great food or more fishing!

This isn't a real structured event and is intended to get to know your buddies, do some fishing and have some fun. wink.gif

Quote:

Imediatly following will be the Raffle. You will need a raffle ticket. You can get them by saying hello to me.

Finaly found a way to get the other kids to play with you ,huh? shocked.gifgrin.gif (Sorry I couldn't stop myself smile.gif)

See all of you on the ice. wink.gif

i agree on the great people at mike's. from there go north at the main intersection, just west of mike's, thru eden valley, and stay on that road it will take you up to horseshoe. .... paul

Anyone want to ride share? I live in Belle Plaine and have a quad cab dodge truck and will probably be pulling my 12 foot trailer with my 4-wheeler so I will have plenty of room for extra people and gear. Let me know.

I'll be there!

Loading up right now, staying in Eden Valley for the night. Probably will eat at CS Sports Bar, and stay for a few if anyone wants to pop in. I have a flattop, name is Brandt, say hello.

CS is on the North side of Eden Valley,(old Legion Club)about a block East. Not a big town folks, should be able to find it. Travel safely.

Brandt- River-rat4

Will most guys just drive a vehicle on and fish a portable? I have a few options available to me and am wondering what would be the best.

a. Drive truck onto ice and fish in my fish-trap

b. Pull trailer with 4-wheeler so I can drive my 4-wheeler onto the ice and fish in fish-trap

c. Pull my wheeled fish-house up and just pull it out with the truck

d. Pull wheeled fish house with 4-wheeler in it so I can pull it out with the wheeler instead of truck

e. Stay at home and lay on the couch all day

f. Quit thinking so hard about this dump and just load my junk up already

Dude!

No way I'm stayin' on the couch! I absolutely love the Shoe chain. I go there every spring and while all of my buddies are chasing the elusive walleye, I slip off and try to find me some of those succulant cats!

So in other words, in your opinion, you don't think there should be any problem with that many trucks in one location out there? If this is the case I will forgo the wheeler. I only ask because I have never fished the chain in the winter but I have fished it in the boat numerous times and I know there is a pretty good current running through most areas. I know the area where you will be and I know there isnt as much current there but it still concerns me with the odd winter we have had.

If your coming from St Cloud you may want to stop at Corky's gas & bait in rockville. Picked up a dozen suckers to cut up and got 18-24 granted they are small. Also picked up fatheads and got 2 scoops for the price of 1. I also got 2 dozen crawlers.