• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Myself, my girlfriend, and my screamin' demon wink.gif Jakob thank everyone who put this event together. Sorry I didn't get around much to meet more people. The food was excellent and Icehouse Bob's beans freshened the air for the drive home smile.gif We'll be sure to make an appearance next year. When's the date, Dennis? smirk.gif

Sorry you don't like sushi, Matt, but it wasn't me either. Oh, yeah! Weren't we all supposed to hassle Chris for his bobber going down during the drawing?

See you all and more next year!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big thank you to Dennis for putting on a wonderfull event. It was fun meeting some old faces again and meeting some new ones. A special thanks to the cooks you guys did a wonderfull job. Thanks sponsors for the excellent prizes. It was nice seeing the kids faces when they one something. It shows what kind of committment FM has to the sport!! Well like Borch said fishing is second at thesde things it's the comratory that counts.

Thanks Dennis forall the work you put into this.Thanks to everyone who brought something or helped out or both. I know I'm hooked with icing cats and can't wait to get out again.Thanks to Matt and Cory who tried getting us on some pannies afterward with minimal success.All in all it was a great day.

Bucket of minnows - $4

Ingredients for choc chip cookies - $5

Meeting new catfriends, watching the kids have fun, eating an awesome lunch, and a little catfishing - Priceless.

Sorry guy's it took me so long to chime in. I've been chasing papermouths. What an awesome time. It was great meeting everyone. This is defenitely a no miss event next year.

If anyone wants to chase some more cats on the ice or open water, give me a holler.

I need to attend more of these events! It was my pleasure speaking with those I was fortunate enough to meet. I learned many new things, ate some great food, and caught a few. Lucky for me, I live 5 minutes from the lake, so guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? Cruisin' for cats!

Anyone interested? Drop me a line.

Thanks again to all the sponsors and participants!

Stephen

(minnesotawalleye at aol)

Stephen, man I'm jealous! I'm trying to figure out a way, to get out there again before ice out, but doubt I can.

I cannot believe those catfish are not more popular. They are fun to fish, and taste darn good too! Next year, I'm going to have to try it a few more times.

Kylersk, I see u are from st. boni, I am building a house just outside st.boni that will be done around july. Thanks to Chemist I have been hooked on the cats for some time now the chain is also one of my favorite places to fish during the summer time. Im always looking for someone to get out there with if your interested. Adam

Good job to all on the Cool Cats event. Deitz and Dennis are definitely a couple of true ambassadors for the sport of fishing.

I thought I'd be smart by staying away from the crowds and try a differnt part of the chain with my dad. Boy, what a mistake I made based on the pictures you guys have posted!

Check your e-mail Justin.

Have Fun!

I forgot, not much for bait available up in Richmond. I heard one of the gas stations had fatheads but it might be good to bring some up with you. Crappie minnows are available up there however.

I'll second Eden Valley. When we came in on 23 we stopped at a few places and all they had where crappie minnows. We had to drive all the way past the event to Eden Valley to get our bait. Should have just brought it along and saved 45 minutes.

Good to hear you caught a cat. Was it a good one (4-5lbs) or a small one (1-3lbs)? They pull like you won't believe. The bigger ones are tanks! Ask Matt Johnson what I was yelling out the shack when I landed my 10 pounder up there. What a fun fish to catch! The bite can be incredibly light at times and sometimes, them darn critter just shut down and won't touch a bait. Really is nothing you can do when that happens.

If you were getting rock bass, you were probably fishing over where Deitz was at! grin.gif