• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

splash guards ????

gilby

Question

My budddy is looking at splash guards for his 1600 Fishhawk Crestliner, looked at both wavewackers and whitecaps. Wave wackers are a good bit spendier take longer to receive and are built about the same. White caps look better cost less and look easier to install. May sound like a no brainer but always buyer beware. Any input would appreciated. the reasoning behind getting is that we are fishing a lot more and now tourneys. thanks

bought the white caps about 4weeks ago and where very quick on getting them to me (2days) easy to install and the price was about $135.00 w/cutout for trolling motor + s&h (old 14ft smokercraft) and seem to be good quality.

My budddy is looking at splash guards for his 1600 Fishhawk Crestliner, looked at both wavewackers and whitecaps. Wave wackers are a good bit spendier take longer to receive and are built about the same. White caps look better cost less and look easier to install. May sound like a no brainer but always buyer beware. Any input would appreciated. the reasoning behind getting is that we are fishing a lot more and now tourneys. thanks

I had Walleye Masters on my old 14' Lund & I never really liked them. They worked okay, but I put Wave Wackers on my 16' Smoker Craft when I got it & have been much happier with them. I got the Walleye Masters over 10 years ago, but they had stiff plastic around the motor instead of rubber & they didn't fit that well & let a lot of water splash by. I've not seen the Whitecaps. I know the Wave Wackers were spendy, but they are a very good product no doubt.

bwtrout, I make my own using sheet aluminum and rubber mats. cost me about 15 bucks. may not be as nice looking, but it keeps the water out just as well as the spendy ones! grin.gif

------------------
simul iustus et peccator

><}}}}("< ---><!>

I have the Whitecap splashguards on my Crestliner 1650 fishawk and love em. They work great, they were easy to install, look great, easy to take on and off, I would have to say they're probably the best ones for the money. It took me maybe about 2 hours to install.

fyi, im making a set for my ws 16 lund. I had a set of white caps since 95 and they held up fine but I put a bigger motor on and now am forced to change and couldnt see spending that kind of money. here is the jist.
2-20"x24"x1/4" polycarbonate $52.00
brought these to a guy with a metal break to have them cold bent, cost, $27.00
I did all the cutting/drilling. TM cutout,etc
rubber cost $8.00
fasteners $6.00
total $93.00

these look like they are store bought.
compared to my previous white caps, these are stronger since whitecaps used a thinner poly, and their cutout for the TM left so little poly between the motor and the TM that its a very weak spot. I was able to costomize the cut for the TM leaving more poly. and I made them larger. got pics if interested.
give it a try!

I just bought the white cap brand splash guards. Now I wish I would have gone with the wave wackers like my old boat had on it. The reason is I had to relocate my snaps for the cover to the top of the transom. I believe wave wackers were at more of an angle and would have been enough room to keep the snaps where they were. It seams when I make a decision based on money I almost always have regrets. Both splash guards seam seam to be of similar quality.

I have a Lund Explorer 1675 and am in the market for splash guards. I have talked with both Wave Wackers and White Caps and am having a hard time making a decision. Recently, I was made aware of Walleye Masters in Miltona. Any other comments out there about experiences with any of the three? The money is important, but I would rather have the superior product. Any help??

Thanks...

This thread is always ongoing. I will do my best to summarize. Here are your options:

1. If you are handy and adventourous, go ahead an make your own. I would guess that you would spend 4-6 hrs (maybe more) and abotu $100.

2. Wavewackers - I believe this is the highest cost. However a better quality product.

3. Whitecaps - A very nice product, not as well built, but will do the job. Costs is slightly less than Wave Wackers

For me I bought the Wackers but my needs are a little different. Im like my wife, I like high quality goods that have a high perceived value. Its not that the whitecaps wont get the job done, I juts felt that a $30 price differnec was not enough reason to move away from the industry leader.

I have had Whitecaps on my Princecraft for over 2 years and have been completly satisfied with them. It took less than an hour for them to be installed by the owner of Whitecaps. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Mwal