• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

splash guards ????

gilby

Question

My budddy is looking at splash guards for his 1600 Fishhawk Crestliner, looked at both wavewackers and whitecaps. Wave wackers are a good bit spendier take longer to receive and are built about the same. White caps look better cost less and look easier to install. May sound like a no brainer but always buyer beware. Any input would appreciated. the reasoning behind getting is that we are fishing a lot more and now tourneys. thanks

Well got more response then expected. The question if you live away from the manufacturer do they ship preassembled or os it like my kids bike. Are they a clamp on ( no IBOT comments Thanks) or do you drill. Just kind of ignorant on this matter.

Thought you might be interested...

I was at my boat dealership today and there were a lot of boats in for repairs, maintenance, etc. I started wandering through them checking out splash guards and realized that there were Walleye Masters, Wave Wackers, and Whitecap splash guards for comparison.

After seeing all three next to each other, I feel confident that the Wave Wackers are a superior product. They seemed to have a thicker plastic than the Walleye Masters, had rubber pieces that seemed to fit better than the Whitecaps, and looked nicer and seemed sturdier than both. In addition, of the 10 or 12 boats I saw with splash guards, 80% had Wave Wackers.

I think I'll get the Wackers. I can't justify spending $13,000 on a boat, and then skimping to save $80.

Thanks for the input -

Chris