• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is the Collapse On?

bottomfeeder

It just goes to show how Randy Moss is the Vikings. And how much the double coverage he gets helps Duante in his passing game. I don't think the collapse of last year is on the books, but man did we suck or what? But you can't win every game and even the world champs looked terrible yesterday. It does scare me a little that the Giants started our loosing streak last year on the same week as this year. With our terible defense it should be very interesting Monday night against the Colts.

It was only one game. Why do the Giants still have our number? It was just one of those games where nothing went right. The Giants fumbled three times, and we didn't get one of them. The defense showed some good signs, but didn't take advantage of turnovers, etc... Let's hope this is a wake up call for the coaches and players. The next two weeks are going to be interesting.

Sandbar

I went to the game. It was the first game I have been to that they lost. It was terrible in every aspect. I hear a lot of people praising the defence saying they did alright. They scored 34 points on us. It was just an off day for everything. We have not won in Indy in some time, so we have a tough hill to climb in the next couple of weeks. Especially with Green Bay going into the bye as hot as they are right now.

The defense did an ok job, it was the offense that gave up the points (turnovers) and the game.

I can handle one bad game and I knew this would be a tough one. Let's see how the players and coaches respond, I bet we see a very explosive offense against Indy.

Ole

I had a bad feeling heading into that game, the Giants have our number and I'm not sure why. We are a different team without Moss in the lineup and I see a slide if he doesn't get back soon. That Packer game should be interesting, they get us on after we play Monday night against the Colts and they will be coming off the bye week.... We need the Packer destroyer in our lineup!!

For some reason the giants do have our number, but then again, Kurt Warner has always had our number too. The coaches must find a way to utilize our offense without Moss. He is the best in the game, but we also have 2 other #1 recievers in my opinion and we need to use them.

We couldn't run the ball against the giants, but with Ontario back against one of the worst overall Defenses, we'll rush for 120-150 yards and that will open up the passing game.

Ole

Do you think we should sit Moss for Monday night and have him rest up for the Packer game. He needs to be healthy for the rest of the season, especially when 5 of our last 8 games are in the division. I don't care about wins out of the division until playoffs. The defence has been playing better together, but I don't think that they were good in that game. They did put up five sacks though. Thats a big plus. The only time that the sacks seemed to matter is on the first drive when they had 2 and the gaints had to kick a feild goal. Next week is a big game, but not as big as the Packer game.

Coming from a Packer fan, I don't think the Vikes will need Moss to beat the Pack this year. I think they will just emphasize the run, which the Packers have a hard time against and will probably pull out a win.Hopefully it doesn't play out that way.

Coming from a Packer fan, I don't think the Vikes will need Moss to beat the Pack this year. I think they will just emphasize the run, which the Packers have a hard time against and will probably pull out a win.Hopefully it doesn't play out that way.

I got a feeling it's gonna be ugly this coming Monday. The Colts have lost two in row and are NOT going to want to lose a third. Plus they're at home... on a Monday night... against a struggling "Moss-less" Vikings.

frown.gif

Hey guys...you sound so convinced the Vikes are so great when you're on my thread, but lo-and-behold...you're all a bunch of wimpering Viqueens! To answer your question "Is the Collapse On?", yes...and that's been affirmed by everyone from the ESPN analysts to the NFL Network.

Randy Moss seems to be the surefire excuse...but c'mon, are you really only as good as one player?

Geez, the reality is that Mike Tice has impregnated that very thought into everyone's mind (from yours to the team itself!). Now he's attempting to salvage a season instead of having the foresight in pre-season to develop a gameplan that's not Randy Moss Exclusive. He has more weapons offensively (without Moss) than most other teams do. A deep running back rotation, a good blocking tight end (Sean Berton) and a pass-catcher in Jermaine Wiggins (both in Kleinsasser) and a more-than-adequate receiving corp. They just haven't had to be counted upon...and they're showing it. That's Tice's fault (and I think that Tice is a relatively good coach when it comes to the "X's and O's").

Oh well, such is life in the NFC North...this week I take Green Bay, especially at home, since they are 21-7 (.750) in their last 28 (November/December) games. They're headed into their "turn-it-on" stretch. I just hope my Lions can can step-it-up and play like they did against the Atlanta Falcons and NY Giants...then and only then, will they be able to overtake the Packers and the Viqueens...("no defense spells no playoffs, I mean..Vikings").

Sorry guys...I truly didn't mean to antagonize, but "BUZZSAW" stills owes me some beer... grin.gif

NOTE: This is the only reaction I will dedicate to this thread.

Jones_Body_1111.JPG

on the last kickoff how did the pack get the ball back after they fumbled. i mean the replay clearly showed that the vikings fell on it and the vikes came out of the pile with the ball but the refs gave possesion to the pack?

Last nights game was painful, I am really starting to get annoyed with Mike Tice. I'm starting to think that he is a complete and total [commercial-or-naughty-word]. His clock management is absolutely horrid and the defense is even worse. I am starting to think that he is more of a problem than an advantage. I don't care if last year was different, a loss is a loss, this is the NFL, He needs to win those games or get out. The Vikings are a poor team. The NFC north is terrible. I was totally disgusted last night. I love the Vikings but doesn't anybody else get sick of watching the same old dump. I knew they were going to lose as soon as they scored with over a minute left. On the bright side, Moe Williams touchdown runs was one of the coolest plays I have seen in Football, man did he destroy that d-back.