• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rush Lake TOMORROW - LAST ICE Series Event - February 12, 2005

Matt Johnson

Looks like we should see some nice weather for the event. The 10-day forecast (I know, I know, the weather can change fast smile.gif) calls for a high of 22 and a low of 12 for Saturday with light snow and overcast. Great fishing conditions...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

For more ICE Series information or registration CLICK HERE...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanson and Adam, thanks for the info. I hope there are some rooms left. I usually try not to plan to far ahead because I always end up paying a deposit then here "Hey I need you to work this weekend" frown.gif

I check the Grand Rios HSOforum - No rooms, man the boy woulda liked that place.

Thanks again guys and we'll see ya Saturday. cool.gif

arbuck

I'll be the one with the Fishtrap Guide that looks like it was at Bastone in December 1944.

Hey guys...Less than a week away for this event.

I talked with Joe Harty and he said he would be open around 6 or 6:30 to make sure every one gets some bait.

We are expecting a good crowd for this event. Weather should be nice and the fishing good!

Here is a Yahoo map if anyone needs directions.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=yCagwOp_0TpO2vyUmSqyTl3z47AvKUULoEIetc8wPaQV5D8-&csz=Plymouth%2C+MN&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Off shore parking will be availble at East Beach parking lot.

See everyone saturday!

It appears that team BuzLogic (the FishinLogician and yours truly) will be attending this event.

Oh, how saweet it is...how sweet it is.

I'm looking forward to meeting old and new friends, and meeting the infamous Joe Harty grin.gif.

Suggestion/Comment for you Pro Staffers/Event Coordinators: I was wondering if you have ever considered having name tags/stickers at these events? Maybe you do now? (I haven't been to an I.C.E. Leaders event since last year). Maybe a line for your FM name and another line for your given name? I know they might not stick to well in the cold, but I think this would be a great idea to remember names/faces, and remember FM names and "real" names.

buzbunni,

That's a deadly combo... FishinLogician and buzbunni smile.gif It will be nice to talk with you guys again and hit the ice.

Name tags... not a bad idea. We are working on some ways to indentify the ICE Series Pro Staff...

See you on Saturday!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I have been trying to pay online all day but paypal says "We are sorry that we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later". I don't mind giving up the extra $5 at all, but I was wondering since the deadline was 3PM today, if i'm SOL, or will I have a couple more hours?

Jackpot, I don't know how busy it's going to be out there, but you shouldn't have any trouble with your truck, there are main road that people have made decent paths to and from different areas. But you might want to bring the ATV out there for ease with as many anglers expected.

We don't have a whole lot of snow in the Metro and lake travel is pretty good. If you have an ATV feel free to bring it, but if you only have a truck for transportation then that will work too. I plan on just driving around in my truck.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Well it's official arbuck is gettin old and.........SAFE blush.gif

I got off work friday night at 11:00, home by 11:20 (well in the driveway), (the wind picked up at about 11:30) had the trailer packed, wife had the truck packed and after about 30 minutes of back and forth up and down the driveway I finally got my truck up and parked. Hooked up the wifes truck to the trailer (after I used it to pull my truck up) got the boy packed up in his car seat, wife in the truck, and we were on our way. Made it about 12 miles to the interstate through snow drifts and white out conditions. I drove over the interstate and looked up the road, yup, more white out. Went to the gas station and turned around and headed back home. frown.gif

This is why I don't register for things in advance. I have an enclosed trailer rented $60.00, Hotel reservations, about $200.00, I spent 2 days packing and organizing my fishing stuff when I could have been fishing, and here I sit at 1:30 Saturday morning AT HOME mad.gif

And worst of all I don't even get to meet any of you which is the main reason for coming up this weekend.

Good luck to all that are fishing this event and hopefully I can make the Minnetonka event.

arbuck crazy.gif

Nah! You're not getting older, just wiser.

Safety first, especially when you have a family to be concerned about.

It figures though. First storm of the year in the metro, and it had to fall on your road trip night, not to mention what a bummer it is to see the $$$ blow away with the blizzard frown.gif.

That stinks.

We'll miss you at Medicine lake, but look forward to meeting you at future events.

P.S. Don't ask why I'm up tongue.gif.

That was a good time!! It was great to meet so many FMers after our first storm of the season.

I would like to thank every one who braved the roads to come out. Die hard ice anglers..you are!

It did turn out to be a nice day after all.

I would also like to thank Joe Harty of Harty's Boatworks for all that he did to help us get this contest up and running. He is a first class guy and runs a first class buisness. If your going out to Medicine Lake, be sure to stop in at Harty's and say hi to him.

I would also like to thank Joel from JR's Tackle for comming out and bringing some more prizes. JR's has been very generous to us and it is appreciated by all.

OK, here is the results our snowy, windy Medicine Lake ICE Series.

Chris Balloy was our Medicine Lake Worlds Greatest Ice Angler and Big Fish winner!

Chris caught 10.6 lbs of fish with a very nice 8.7 lb pike!

Congratulations Chris!!

Runner up was Joe Moeller with a nice pike some gills and crappies. 7.2lbs. Very nice bag of fish!

To round out the top 5 we have:

3rd- Tim Patterson with a 6.5lb pike

4th- Derek Checco with another nice pike going 5.4lbs and some 'gills

5th- Brad Klimek with another nice 4.9lb pike.

That lake has some NICE pike!!

Congratulations to all!

Again thanks to everyone for comming out in less than perfect condintions.

Our next event will be the Burntside Laker Bash near Ely. This event has been a favorite of mine for a few years now.

We will also be at Minnetonka in Spring Park Bay in two weeks. If you had fun at Medicine or missed the fun this weekend, try to make this one. You'll have a good time!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Wow,

The Medicine Lake ICE Series Event turned out much better than expected considering the very bad conditions overnight and into the ealry morning. It was awesome meeting a lot of you. Hope some of you enjoyed the Nils Master Auger tryout. I wa simpressed.

Anyway, this coming Saturday is the 4th annual Laker Bash on Burntside Lake just a few miles north of Ely MN. This event is one of my favorites.

It's run by Chunky Trout and Surface Tension and it is a blast.

Hope to see some of you there.

THe Burntside Bash was great last year!

Lots of nice guys there and some very nice trout caught!

Not to mention the great prizes awarded!

This year will be even better with warm weather predicted for this area.

The trout have also been very cooperative for the guys that braved the nasty weather since the Jan. 15 opener!

Hope to see all of you there. laugh.gif

Cliff