• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rush Lake TOMORROW - LAST ICE Series Event - February 12, 2005

Matt Johnson

Jason,

Pat and the people at Denny's help out with the fish fry. Everyone who wants to donate fish can, and then later in the evening after the event we fry it up. I'm sure your batter will come in handy, I've had it before, it's very good stuff!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

For more information or registration CLICK HERE...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,

I just recently moved to Chicago from michigan and found some info on Channel Lake that might help. I have never fished the lake so this is all the info i can get for now. I will definately fish it this winter before the tourny and post all i can to everyone. hope to see/meet you soon. This HSOforum shows a detailed topographical map of channel lake and the HSOforum also lists lakes that are connected to channel.

http://pages.ripco.net/~jwn/fishing.html

Nate

Channel lake is connected to a the Fox Chain of lakes, and river. For the toruemnt you will have to stay on Channel lake.

As for fishing, the south end has good weeds and will hold panfish a season. The norht bay also has weeds and holds better panfish then the south end, but is quite a hike. Also there is a drop off at the edge of the weeds, pike like to work the weedline. As the sun sets the eyes move on to that weedline. In the middle of the lake there are bowls that can hold stripers, but they can be hit or miss...

AAHHH......YES, the infumis Winnie, perch jerkin, fish frying, prize given fiasco all over again! Yep, ganna be there with the better half and the kid again this year. Cant miss it! Jason, 'yep', a class act! It was good to meat the peaple we met last year. The fish fry was great! Seen an awfull big eal pout get cought on a dead sucker on bottom beneith a tip up last year! 'OOPS'lol Great time, Got to do it again! Not to mention the non stop perch jerkin!! After last year, it was not hard to convince the better half to go this year.

?????????????Can we pay the morning of????????????

Aint going to be able to get there till friday night. I found room at the White Oak Inn in Deer River.(1-877-633-5504) Dennys has nothing left.

i was reading some where on the ice leaders HSOforum that they dont accept frozen fish does this mean when you catch a fish u want to keep you cant just throw it on the ice and bring it in at the end of the tornemnt or do u have to bring them in while still alive?

It will be based on the judgement of the weigh-in officials. If you toss your fish in a 5 gallon bucket and keep them off the ice then everything should work out just fine. Or else feel free to weigh-in fish during the tourny too. We understand that in harsh/cold conditions things might be a little tough, but we haven't had any real problems in the past. The main purpose of the frozen fish rule is so we don't have fish brought it that were caught the day before and whatnot. We are basing this on honesty. We don't want someone grabbing a 10 pound walleye that they caught to get mounted out of there freezer and weigh it in at the event grin.gif

So basically just keep your fish in a bucket or cooler of some sort and keep them off the ice, everything should be fine.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

If its plastic wrapped to a little pink, yellow, or white styrofoam tray...best not try to wiegh it in. grin.gif

Its fairly easy to tell if a fish has been caught that day and has been sitting in the bottom of a bucket,or if it has been frozen days ago.

These events were a blast last season. I had the opportunity to be in charge of the crapper duty, which involved me bringing and taking the porta-lid to and from the events.

Jokes and great humor galore!!

I can't wait until this years events, meeting fellow FM'ers is by far the best part, followed closely by the fishing of course...

Make sure you sign up early to get in at a cheaper rate!

Register - Click Here

I was just looking through the ICE Series events and the first one I will be able to attend is Medicine Lake. I noticed there are 2 Harty's boat works locations, North and South, which one will the Tourney Headquarters be at?

I have never done one of the series, but I wanted to and this year I will try to make the first two. The question I have is on Winnie is the whole lake open to fish during the tourny? And do we need to bring ATVs or other transport?

Whole Lake is open to fish. There are some close in fishing spots that could be walked to nut I would recommend some transportation. There is a great system of roads on Winnie usually.

The Medicine lake event will be held on the ice in front of Hartys South location. It is where his bait shop is. You will be able to get your bait for the contest right there. Joe said he will have plenty of help to make sure everyone gets taken care of.

Rush Lake is just west of Rush City off of 35 just a short drive norht of the cities. I live on the south side of the cities and takes me just over an hour to get there.

West on Rush Lake road form 35

North on Rush Lake trail

West on co.rd.2

South on co.rd.4

Left on Acacia Way to CJ's on Rush

CJ,s has some awesome burgers! I am sure a few folks will be stopping in for some after contest fun at CJ's

Thanks for the info Dennis. Looking forward to meeting some of you folks. Now all we need is mother nature to cooperate a little and this should be a great event.

Cj's is great. I really get a kick out of the sign they usually have at the access.

Lake access: $3.00

$6.00 if chased

I don't know about anyone else, but the first ICE Series event is only 3 weeks from Saturday and I'm getting pumped! Winnie has iced over and with the cold nights we're going to see in the near future it'll be making some ice fast. I'm expecting a lot of nice perch again this year and some more trophy walleyes too. I know Brian "BDR" Rogers landed both a trophy walleye and a real nice pike last winter the weekend of the event. I also witnessed a couple other 6 pound plus walleyes caught during the weekend as well. Fast action jumbo perch and trophy walleyes, a tough combination to beat. Not to mention that you are guided as well, and all of this for just $10!!

Anyone been up to the Winnie area this winter yet? Catching perch in the shallows?

I'm looking forward to the start of another great ICE Series! I hope to see you there!! smile.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson