• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rush Lake TOMORROW - LAST ICE Series Event - February 12, 2005

Matt Johnson

Here's the updated list for this winter's ICE Series...

Jan 8th - Winnibigoshish - Denny's Resort

Jan 22nd - Medicine Lake (Metro) - Harty's Boatworks

Jan 29th - Burntside Lake near Ely

Feb 5th - Minnetonka - Spring Park Bay Public Access

Feb 12th - Rush Lake - CJ's on Rush

March 5th - Cool Cats - Horseshoe Lake, Richmond, MN

For more information or registration CLICK HERE...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to miss denny's this year. i'm disappointed, i will be up there on the 22nd. i will have to make it to some of the other dates. man i can now wait for it to be freezing cold and sitting on the ice, it is just not coming fast enough

Can't wait to join ya'll on the ice and meet some new people too grin.gif

I see a couple more events were added. Cool! Nice to see Medicine Lake was added. I won't even have to drive there! I can walk the dozen or so blocks pulling my Otter sled to the event by hand. The city of Plymouth might not like me cruising down the residential streets on my snowmobile pulling my ice fishing stuff grin.gif

The friends I made at last years Ice Series events accounted for many excellent times then and all summer. Have been fishing with many people this summer I met at events. And it is continuing right into the hunting season.

Many good people attending these. Lots of info to be shared.

I encourage everyone to come and plan to stay for the evening fishing as well.

Illinois? What does anyone know about this lake?

I agree with BDR on this, I have made a lot of cool friends at these events and still fish with them in the summer and fall. Its a nice layed back event with food/fun and great prizes.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Check out some highlights from last years events-

IceLeaders Highlight VIDEO - High Speed - CLICK HERE

IceLeaders presents

2004 ICE FISHING Highlights - GOOD FISHING and FRIENDS MADE

For those that fished last year, I believe they can vouch that FishingMN & IceLeaders Pro Staff took whomever wanted to find spots, out to the locations and helped as best we could. I personally took out about 50 people on Mille lacs last year and it was a blast meeting all of you and working to catch those fish. bhorn had one heck of a nice walleye that we couldn't keep.

IceLeaders Highlight VIDEO - High Speed - CLICK HERE

Does this video get you cranked for Ice Fishing or what?

I only got to fish the winnie event of the series last year but what a great time.I took out a bunch of people and picked about 3-4 humps out there and helped out getting them on fish and it worked out well. Dave and his ice king wife took the series and I think a few others in our group won some other prizes. it was a good day. The neatest part of it all is meeting the people you see on the web page and talking with them. I will be there again this year and hope to be able to make more of the events

so if you get a chance to go to some of these please do

Jason

Jason,

I'm looking forward to seeing you again this winter. You sure did an awesome job last winter out on Winni for the ICE Series. I know Kandy (last year's winner on Winni) sure appreciated all the help, you were quite the guide out there. Didn't your son hook into some big walleyes out there too that day?

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Most of us will be staying at Denny's. He sets you up nicely. He also has a very excellant monster pike fishing spot close to his resort.

Give Denny's a call and reserve your cabin today. We've already reserved two of them.

Denny's will also set-up to serve breakfast during registration and very likely a fish fry afterwords. At least they did last year. I'm sure Matt will let us know what the options are and things that Denny's will offer ICE Series participants this year.

Go to:

DennysResort.com - CLICK HERE

Ask for Pat or Rhonda and ask if they have a FishingMinnesota discount for you when making reservations.

Make your reservations early and be assured of a place to stay.

Those of you who attended last year, what did you think of Jason Boser and his help?

For those of you attending this year I am requesting that you take time to introduce yourselves and user name etc to FM staff and other attendees. So many attended last year, many slipped by that I wish I could have met and talked to!

Thanks!

Look forward to seeing ya all there!!!

Jim W

All Saturdays...but we still plan on fishing on Sunday, it just won't be considered part of the tourny. We normally just go out and fish with who ever wants to go out on Sunday. Everyone is welcome to stick around and fish on Sunday with us as well. Gives the guys who help coordinate the event a chance to hit the ice grin.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Matt, I am also looking forward to seeing you again at the winnie tourney. this year I hope to stick around for the fry. who does the cooking? I would love to help with that and maybe I can donate some of our batter for it.