• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rush Lake TOMORROW - LAST ICE Series Event - February 12, 2005

Matt Johnson

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a week away! Who's all planning on heading up to Winni? I'll be up there early on Friday if anyone is interested in meeting up on Friday midday for a little perch, eyes and pike action...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

we got quite ait of snow up here it will be tougher getting around this year. I will have 2 snowmobiles or 4 wheelers up there and will help get as many people out as I can. I think my son will also be there and he will help out too.

Jason

This dosn't help with the Winni event but I will be (as long as everything goes according to plans) at the Medicine lake event, and hopefully Minnetonka, with my wheeler and will help anyone that needs a ride out (As long as someone tells me where to fish) wink.gif Just kidding

See ya on the ice and good luck to all that are fishing the Winnie event. I wish I could be there. Have fun and be safe!

arbuck

if i am gona fish with a buddy do we way in as a group or do we way in seperate. can we fish togeather both regresterd and turn in all fish under one person. what are your options in this situation?

I'll be at Denny's around that time. I'm game for anything that swims!

Quote:

I'll be up there early on Friday if anyone is interested in meeting up on Friday midday for a little perch, eyes and pike action...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Each individual weighs in thier own fish.

As for ice transportation...I don't think they are driving on Winnie as of right now. From todays posts in the Winnie forum they only have 10inches of consistant ice. It could change by saturday.?

If they are not allowing driving on by saturday there will be guys helping out anglers who do not have ATVs or snowmobiles get out on the ice.

Just got off of the phone with Pat from Denny's . As it stands right now if you have a wheeler or sled you should bring them. We are optimistic with this weeks temps that he will have a road going out about 1 1/2 miles. We could spread out there. That would put us plenty close to some prime areas.

Denny's will be open @ 6:30 that morning and will have coffee and donuts available for purchase. He will have bait available as well. (Waxies, red eurolarvae, fatheads and tip-up minnows)

Folowing the contest and awards ceremony we will be having a giant fish fry for all contestants and staff members. Donated fish from the event will be gladly accepted. Cost for this dinner will be $5.00 per person and will include fish, potatoes and all the fixin's. It was awesome last year. The fish fry will start @ 6:30 to give those who want to fish the evening walleye bite a chance to do so and still be able to enjoy the fish fry and camraderie.

Come out and enjoy the day with us. You will find out that "We have more fun"

I just spook with Kim of high Banks resort and she said they have 12-17 inches and are plowing roads out on the lake. That is good news also the north humps are producing perch in 30-32 and the walleyes in 24ish. the bad news is there is quite abit of snow and driving trucks to the north from dennys might be tough. so you will be able to drive out.

Jason

I just got word that the Champion and the Runner-Up of the 2005 Winni ICE Series will be at Medicine Lake as well!!

RonZych and hanson will be there to attempt a repeat!

Here's a picture of RonZych and hanson just incase anyone wants to pick their brains and talk to the top-place finishers of the first ICE event when you see them at the Medicine event smile.gif ...

WinniPout.jpg

Ron Zych with his tournament winning eelpout

WinniWeighin.jpg

Chris Hanson on his way to the Winni weigh-in

Rumor has it that we might also see an appearence from Tim Patterson Jr. as well (Winni third place finisher). His dad, HoleHopper, will be there and he might be keeping the secret weapon under wraps...

WinniWeighin3-405x305.jpg

Tim at the Winni weigh-in

I'm looking forward to the Medicine event!

See everyone next Saturday!!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Haveing had a lot of expirience asking or not asking grin.gif Tim Jr.'s advice I know he would be glad to give it!

Dont ya know he knows everything for a 15 year old! grin.gifgrin.gif

Fishing medicine should be interesting. I know nothing about the lake other than I will be fallowing Ron and Hanson grin.gifLOL

Can anyone recomend a hotel in the area of Hartys / Med lake? I need something with a pool, nothing extravagent but something decent. I think the warden and JR. are going to spend the day in the pool while I'm out on the ice having fun. I will be heading up late friday night after I get done working.

Thanks

arbuck

arbuck-

There is a Best Western Kelly Inn located at the SE corner of Hwy 55 & 494. That should be about 5 minute drive away. They have a pool. I believe the Green Mill restaurant is attached or very close to the Kelly Inn.

There is also a Days Inn at the NW corner of Hwy 55 & 494. I don't think they have a pool and the drive is about the same.

There really aren't any hotels right next to the lake. You'll have a 5 minute or so drive from anywhere.

Arbuck, besides what Hanson listed you could try the Northland Inn which is on 694. There is a Holiday inn express on 394 both of which are short trips to medicine. There is also the Grand Rios it is a little pricier but there is an indoor water park for the family to keep entertained all day. Adam

For more ICE Series information or registration CLICK HERE...