• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

2 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

Evening gents, it's been and up and down kinda day. Started out not too bad, was asked to jump in a big rig and go fetch some much needed product and boy do I miss driving, what the ladies are wearing nowadays can almost put one in the ditch ;). On the not so brighter side I had steaks planned out for tonight which were thawing in the fridge, the Mrs decided they needed counter top time to thaw,  well when I got home they were past room temp and we're pretty much garbage,  egg sandwiches had to do..:cry:

Over reaction on the steaks I think.  Did they smell bad?  What made you think they were spoiled, just the temperature?

I've got a thick pig chop that was left out since yday, sitting on top of fridge. (had taken it out to get at another item) If I can combine it with those steaks, boober, we'll save 'em and send 'em to Del for an early xmas present..... " What makes you think it's food poisoning Del? The projectile vomiting, or the explosive poops rising you right up off the throne like yer wearing a Jetson's backpack?" May just be yer over-reacting....:grin:

11 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

Evening gents, it's been and up and down kinda day. Started out not too bad, was asked to jump in a big rig and go fetch some much needed product and boy do I miss driving, what the ladies are wearing nowadays can almost put one in the ditch ;). On the not so brighter side I had steaks planned out for tonight which were thawing in the fridge, the Mrs decided they needed counter top time to thaw,  well when I got home they were past room temp and we're pretty much garbage,  egg sandwiches had to do..:cry:

I think Boar is looking for some Bear bait send it up to him! ;)

my mom use to take everything out to warm to room temp too before cooking. took some time but we got her headed back in the right direction!!

bet those steaks would be good with LL's landfill walleyes!!!!!:grin::grin:

morning fellers...............long day today........meeting nite!!!!!!

57 minutes ago, smurfy said:

bet those steaks would be good with LL's landfill walleyes!!!!!:grin::grin:

I've got some leftover sweetcorn that sat in a hot car for a day and would go good as a side! The sheep wouldn't eat it so I fished it back out of the pasture this a.m. Wipe the mud and poo off and it'll be fine. :P  Going through my recent colon cleanout conjured up memories of the food poisoning I had 3 years ago. However, the colonoscopy prep was mildly amusing as I sort of made a game out of it, relative to the food poisoning which played for keeps and made me wish I were dead for about 3 or 4 days. Making myself sick is one thing. Anybody else is a cardinal sin. Don't care what the steak cost; it ain't worth it. 

sorry dotch, my canning items go in jars though!!!!! made another 19 qts of smurf pickles tuesday nite. Friday there will be 2 2gal jars of what I call millies pickles. why millies pickles you ask?????????? cause I got the reciepe from millie!!!!!!!! :grin::grin:

Edited by smurfy

10 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Be nice to see a new thread on canning and recipes in the food forum.....:whistle:

:cry::crazy::eek::grin: some people gotz jobs ya know!!!!!!!!!:angry: mine happens to be getting under managements skin.......and I was doing dat!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Edited by smurfy

*BURP* Sure did, Smurfy! She'll be trying to cuddle up next to me next Tuesday during my presentation.....just like last year. Can I have you pop down and take her out for a ride before it starts?  Don't want her following me up to the podium....:angry:

A new, let's have fun, banter all you want on this thread, the GOOD MORNING thread...so that the other threads will stay "on track" to the delight of some. 

SO, let's start it off....

Good morning! 68* and cloudy here; cool air feels nice. A good day, but still sad...I sold my boat last night to the first guy that looked at it. Been online a few hours, and he wet his pants to get it. Kinda like I'm losing a huge chunk of my life, but I'm physically unable to take it out by myself anymore, so there it sits, and I have to look at it. Had lots of great adventures and caught a loft of fish in it. Guess life moves on...he's an older guy, and it's for him and his wife. I know he'll give it a good home. Soo...I need some cawfee bad...have a good day, guys. :)

good morning!!!!!! thanks reb for starting a new good morning thread!!!! your a standup guy!!!!!!!!! everything goes thru a few glitches now and then!!!!!!! some cant even unlock a thread!!!!!!!!!:P:grin: sorry bud best I could come up with under all that pressure.

weekend plans, are to go harvest my garlic, have a few suds and campfire. work in the garden.

cold spring has there town days this weekend, main street in town was already detoured last nite. have no plans to go down there. sat they have there firefest, bunch of has been country music performers. draws a lot of people and is the fire depts. main fund raiser. kind of takes away from the old hometown pride festivial that it used to be, oh well life goes on!!!!!! have a good one fellers!!!!

Ah Reb, you found the key under the doormat I see! :D Good morning all and welcome to another edition of "As the Smurf Turns". Better to be a smurf than a squirrel at our office however. Three-phase coming in here and he managed to grab the main wire so no power. Bad news: no power. Good news: Pre-cooked squirrel for breakfast. Must've happened around ten after six this morning according to the clocks so at least he was bright eyed and bushy tailed until then.

squirrel.jpg 

Let's everybody play nice today and have a good weekend...:lol: