• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

Thanks, roony, and to all you guys. I do appreciate it. Hard to let something go because you have to, not because you want to. At least I can say I owned a nice one and I had a lot of fun times with it, better than not experiencing that at all.

OOOOH!  Bet they'd be detachable, collapsible, telescoping, and come with a free carry bag! Hundreds of uses! Put them on that wobbly picnic table, or that uneven dock! Operators are standing by!  :tired:

Great looking morning. All done with breakfast and soon will head into Carlton. Going to take the Grandson to the parade and then grab a bite from one of the vendors. More than likely the B & B stand. Pork chop on a stick or a pulled pork sammy.

22 minutes ago, Jim Almquist said:

Great looking morning. All done with breakfast and soon will head into Carlton. Going to take the Grandson to the parade and then grab a bite from one of the vendors. More than likely the B & B stand. Pork chop on a stick or a pulled pork sammy.

:D

59111461.jpg

Whew! Day off from the office pest so I can actually get something done! Chores done, smurfy's string beans weeded, kindly neighbor's pasture fence sprayed and my morning observational gawking completed. Time for a trip to FF methinks to recharge my male batteries. Ruby is out of food, sunflower seed is on sale and after borrowing a cup of 2,4-D from the kindly neighbor, need to purchase some to replace it. Mrs. Cheviot is off to a wine and beer tasting deal at the fair. I'd better rest up so I can perform evasive maneuvers. I haven't used the headache excuse in a while so always have that as a backup. 

Afternoon gents, it's been a great softball season,  the kids ended up 37-10, lost today in the championship game at state. It's been a blast coaching this group but it's time to enjoy the rest of summer.  

I'm kinda pist though my tomatoes have what looks to be bottom rot, I've thrown out close to 30 of em, all the other veggies  are doing just fine.

Watching the sun line move off my patio  as the weeks go by  is kind of disappointing, just means we'll doing less grass cutting and more leaf work soon.:(

All that since Saturday? Wow! Good morning! Got the office pest taken care of in short order. There were enough other people in here to run interference, lessening the burden on me. Was a busy weekend that flew by. Lost an old friend and went to his funeral. That closed a chapter of my life. On the positive side, I got to put a face with the above poster and that's always a great thing. To put it in perspective, a new chapter following the end of an old one. Here the garden continues to slowly come online. Saw several muskmelons set so am looking forward to that. Luckily I have a fair number of hills of Athena that are resistant to powdery mildew. All the damp weather with heavy dews that stay on don't bode well for that disease. 

Yup! They're just poppin' out like crazy, dotch!  About time!  Musta been that 2 3/4'' rain we had as you were leaving, and the steamy nite after it got them jump-started. BLT's for lunch! Been on the prowl since my education on those ching-chong humping invaders...haven't seen anymore. Lucky for them.    machine-gun.gif