• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

Drives me nuts. There are 2 corporate lawyers, a corporate HR and some labor relations guy from Memphis  and the rest from Texas. Only 1 plant person and there telling us all the issues there.

Since Mrs. Cheviot left me to my own devices for the week, we've been on a mission. Dogs and I have things under control. They tend to get more time outside especially lawn mowing when I'm around, hence Ruby the green-footed Border Collie pictured. Fudgie sleeps on the porch so being old has it's perks. Lots of thistles to mow and spray on tap for the next couple nights. 

Ruby Greenfoot.jpg

That's a great pic dotch...haven't been on much lately been super crazy recently with the whipper snappers softball schedule,  putting some serious time in with driving with her( which she passed the test this morning) and pounding the Internet and test driving trucks for myself.  The sad part is my oldest said earlier " the year is already half over"....good God. 

Thanks boober. Ruby is one of a kind. Provides a lot of live entertainment because you never know what she's going to do next. Speaking of days getting shorter, better head check the critters at the neighbors then get back to chopping thistles in the pasture at home. Got a little surprise for them called Milestone (aminopyralid) when they regrow for fall. They'll just think the mowing was tough on them, :D

well its almost noon, but morning fellers. ran some errands this AM! home now for the day. this heat and humidity bites! I hate it. will manage to find some projects to amuse myself with. along with some union made beers!!!!!!!!!:grin:

30 minutes ago, smurfy said:

well its almost noon, but morning fellers. ran some errands this AM! home now for the day. this heat and humidity bites! I hate it. will manage to find some projects to amuse myself with. along with some union made smurf beers!!!!!!!!!:grin:

OverlordSmurfTGIS.jpg

Smurfed again!! *HIC*

wow the lake looks like a mirror!!!! sweet. morning fellas..........gotz to get some things done today before I head to red wing for the week being a union bully!!!!!!!!! nice to see the humidity and temps drop. all the weather warnings yesterday we didn't get squat. maybe a tenth of an inch of rain.

That dog photo is a gem roony! We still need to take the Studebaker over to del's under the cover of darkness and dump some stuff off in his driveway. Summer will be gone before ya know it! 

Done chores, sprayed some stuff and watered garden and plants. No rain here last night so this could start to become a habit and not one I'm looking forward to. Had fun at the car show in Ellendale yesterday though. Our club sponsors it so we don't compete. Was able to stay in the shade by the cooler when not parking cars. Some nice older specimens and some newer ones too. Friend Roger had to jump start a nice young female specimen's minivan before we left. Not bad for an old fart. :D

Car show.jpg

11 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

I might know the guy that has the packard.  At least I know a guy who has a really nice restored packard that has won prizes ..   Used to be a mortgage broker.  Lives over by soldier's field. 

This guy is an old fart...like 70's. First time at the Wednesday nite car show. He stole the show. Pretty much, anyway, I was more into the blond chick driving the red 454 Chevelle SS. Boy, she knew how to drop that Hurst 4 spd! :cool:

29 minutes ago, Dotch said:

pssssst! Hey Roony! Sounds like del's up north so now's our big chance! :lol: How's the fishing been del? :)

Hey, I know where he lives! We can raid the 'fridge and try out his soused-up verde thingie!!! :D

All that is in the fridge is some siracha... and maybe some mustard. 

The guy with the packard that I know is in 70's.  I still liked the 1914 fire truck he had better. 

I'd be happy to let you guys borrow my sous vide thing sometime when I get back. 

Edited by delcecchi