• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning!

5 minutes ago, Boar said:

ok, I can Hell to the morning, or wazzzzzzzzzuuuuuuup! oh i see, you going fishing with some one else, ok i see, yup, ok:cry:

LOLOL  Gonna give it a TRY, Boar. Body is pretty physically trashed, been 2 years, but I still need to know if I can get out and do it. MAYBE then a longer trip north....:whistle:  If not, I'll just lay on the ice for crow bait.

Slept like a baby.  Little LL had a hockey hearing last night and it went well.  Mom and dad were asked to be there but didn't talk except when asked to introduce ourselves.  He's 17 and handled himself well, told his version of what happened, apologized, they decided his fate of missing some games, and thanked him for his attitude at the meeting.  

It didn't hurt that the hearing before the kid and parent stormed out of the room in an angry huff before the meeting was even over and made a scene that was pretty pathetic.  The bar was set very low for us.

I'd say I'm proud of him but that isn't the issue.  He put himself in a stupid position for this to even happen and even though he handled it well it shouldn't have ever happened.  

44 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Boy, the crew around here sure lollygags in bed a lot!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:mad::crazy: been up since 5;30. morning all. back to the grind. working on startin trouble already.... dang I love my job!!!!!:D

1 hour ago, leechlake said:

Slept like a baby.  Little LL had a hockey hearing last night and it went well.  Mom and dad were asked to be there but didn't talk except when asked to introduce ourselves.  He's 17 and handled himself well, told his version of what happened, apologized, they decided his fate of missing some games, and thanked him for his attitude at the meeting.  

It didn't hurt that the hearing before the kid and parent stormed out of the room in an angry huff before the meeting was even over and made a scene that was pretty pathetic.  The bar was set very low for us.

I'd say I'm proud of him but that isn't the issue.  He put himself in a stupid position for this to even happen and even though he handled it well it shouldn't have ever happened.  

ya done good bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still morning, so good morning!!  Got up early but was busy trying to plan a vacation up at Ash River trail at a resort my friend owns.  Missed last year.  Getting ready to take out some venison and pork to make some sausage.  I'll be making plenty in the next 3 weeks.  Polish is first, then jalapeno summer, ring bologna, chili dogs, and summer sausage.  Then southern breakfast sausage to finish it off.  Send sausage to the football winners and distribute to our deer party.  Sounds like a plan.  good luck.

Bom dia. I can't be somewhere warm so I may as well write something from somewhere that it is. Finished another literary masterpiece just in time for the deadline so now I can have a little fun! Waiting for it to warm up a tad so I can grill some goodies soon. Need to take inventory so we have room for more dead animals. Was amazed at all the critters I could've shot out the back door yesterday. There were a half dozen crows, 10 pheasants, a couple or three cottontails and 3 or 4 plump fox squirrels. Waiting for the Huns to appear again and we could have a game feed. Seriously though, would never poach anything. I might grill it but never poach it. ;)   

I'm up. 5:00 am.  Driveway and walk shoveled. Drinking coffee. Everyone else asleep.  Sssshhhh. Maybe this should be the "Good evening" thread.

Edited by RebelSS

Good Morning.  Drinking coffee and thinking sausage.  Put together 25 pounds worth venison, pork, and beef and contemplating which type of sausage I will make from this first batch.  I tend to eyeball what I have as far as lean/fat ratio.  All my pork is pork butt so that's 35 percent fat right there but the venison and beef make's up the lean since there will be more of that than the pork.  Was going to make polish first but this is leaner so jalapeno summer it is.  Besides, I was searching around in my freezer and found some polish and chili dogs that I made last October that I thought was all gone.  So not only will that make me happy for Saturday's fishing trip up at Grindston but I now can send some to my patient football winners.  Nice and vac packed.  So that will be part of my day, making summer sausage and getting those shipping boxes from the post office.  Looks like we had under 2 inches here in Andover.  good luck.

I heard the big snow plow sometime this morning 3-4 am on the street behind our house.  I would have been confused that we got a bunch of snow but I figured it was that plowing they do in years where it doesn't snow much to give the guys some hours behind the plows to keep their skills sharp.  There is no way they are plowing all the streets just the big time streets.  We got a bit over an inch of powdery snow.  That's 1/2 the snow of the last storm.

Big news coming today.  Matt had to sit out a game on Sunday night and it was pretty far away so he stayed home.  Seems the volunteer mom from our team that did the scoresheet didn't put a line through his name on the sheet.  The coach on the other team protested some time after the game either that he played in the game or the volunteer mom didn't put a line through his name.   How he knew a kid wasn't playing in a youth game is odd enough, in my opinion, and protesting is another odd thing, in my opinion.  I had to swear on a stack of bibles last night that Matt was at home and not at the game.  I'll just say Bobber may know the coach :).  

Tomorrow I'm working my daughter into the good am thread, she doesn't get enough press.

Chores done, cereal gobbled, coffee slurped, at work. Notice I did not say I was working! ;) I have to kind of chuckle when I do chores. It seems like more work than I'd like sometimes but when I think back on what we went through growing up or what my parents had to do, this is a walk in the park. The process is a lot more streamlined. Sure I have to haul about eight 5 gallon buckets of water a day since I'd really rather not open up the hydrant on the well pit and I'm peeling pieces of round bale off and distributing them among 5 feed bunks with a pitchfork. However, I'm not complaining. It's easy to sit around too much and especially this time of year. Looking at this video just makes me tired. People of my parents generation didn't die; they just wore out!

Edited by Dotch
Having a bearcat of a time figuring out how to get this system to take a You Tube video!

Mornin /afternoon,  I've been  getting slammed at work so no possible way to slip in a what's up fellas through out the day. The Mrs told me I better stop to get gas and use up the cub discount that's on our card,  after 21 gallons I paid 1.80 for a tank of fuel....SCORE.

LL- I sure do miss the rinks, all around a great time. The volunteer time was a blast too, running the clock at the bantam level was always a challenge with the kids marching to the box nonstop it seamed. As far as the coach , I don't know the head coach (which is probably why the protest card was played )but the assistant I know of..

Great morning.  I had an odd thing happen yesterday.  To cut to the chase I've been unsuccessfully trying to accomplish something for quiet a while.  While I made a step in the right direction yesterday,  I didn't fully accomplish what I need to but two "sidelight" items did take place.  Once those things had sunk in my brain was completely clear of clutter, garbage, almost anything at all.  I actually called my wife and told her.  I don't know if any of this makes sense but it is very good.

At lunch today I'm going to go in my email and "unsubscribe" to any webpages I've had to sign up for in the past that I don't want, which is probably all of them.  I don't have a ton but over the years they add up and clutter my life.  Kind of funny that as I type that I think that my own dad never had to do that task in his life!  

Edited by leechlake

Good Morning.  I hear ya Kris.  I first started out using the puter to look and the DNR lake finder and that was it.  Then my typing skills returned and onward I went.  Bet your dad got a lot more things done without this technology.  I know I did.  I have limited myself a lot now.  Getting ready for sausage making today.  Will make some spicy polish sausage.  Rinsed the casings last night and put them in water to soften up for stuffing today.  Yesterday I ground the meat and mixed the seasonings in along with the cure.  Put the sausage mix in the fridge for an overnight stay so the seasonings and cure can meld in.  Busy day.  good luck.

So Reb, did this neighbor lady we've heard about visit and leave without making you coffee? Inquiring minds want to know! ;) 

Good morning, so far anyway. Forgot my office keys at home so was happy to see someone else was already there other than just the office pest. I don't think he has a key but one never knows these days. Speaking of coffee, it's kicking in so I can start my morning state of euphoria. Helps me to ignore the office pest and the protective layer of junk mail on my desk until lunchtime. Before I left the ranch for Bugtussle though I got to see the critters tearing around the backyard. The pheasants act like they own the place and the squirrels behave like they've been eating coffee beans. Blue jays are numerous, as are the other regulars. Good to know they've got a nice place to hang out and eat breakfast. In the meantime I did chores. What a great exercise program! :cool:

images.jpg.dbc6b21791959f067075817ee2c1e 

1 minute ago, Dotch said:

So Reb, did this neighbor lady visit we've heard about visit and leave without making you coffee? Inquiring minds want to know! ;) 

Good morning, so far anyway. Forgot my office keys at home so was happy to see someone else was already there other than just the office pest. I don't think he has a key but one never knows these days. Speaking of coffee, it's kicking in so I can start my morning state of euphoria. Helps me to ignore the office pest and the protective layer of junk mail on my desk until lunchtime. Before I left the ranch for Bugtussle though I got to see the critters tearing around the backyard. The pheasants act like they own the place and the squirrels behave like they've been eating coffee beans. Blue jays are numerous, as are the other regulars. Good to know they've got a nice place to hang out and eat breakfast. 

:P:D:D:lol::lol: