• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning!

Morning boys.  Just stoked the wood burner in the garage and turned up the pellet stove in the house a little warmer.  It is -23.8 here this morning.  The smoke from wood stove is moving north so maybe a warm front from the south is coming.  Well it will thicken the ice up here.  The resorts need that.  I bet they are tired of taking people out in those little people haulers.  I haven't even put my house out here on the river yet.  There was so much current that it just froze up a couple of weeks ago by my house.  Might get it out in a few days.  I am going to bake some country style ribs today and might even do some chicken wings as an appetizer for game time.  

I will have to check out Bobby Bass's thread you mentioned LL.   Go Vikes.....

Chores done after a wedding reception in Waseca last night where Mrs. Cheviot decorated. Somehow I managed to get out of going to the wedding, a moral victory! Was about -10 when we came home about midnight and -15 this a.m. Things were a little stiff including me but if you dress warm enough, it's OK. Reloading for another Christmas celebration today so I did the bird feeder thing after chores as well as loading the ear corn feeder in case the pheasants and Huns might happen to show up. Lots of pulled pork samiches on the slate so no grilling necessary. Oh yeah, the dogs and cat really enjoyed the leftover steak fat from Thursday's episode. People wonder why they have such nice coats, sorta like me. :D

aahhh ahhh ahh....c-c-cold!!!! Still showing -9 here; was -14 at 5:30 am. This big cuppa cawfee sure tastes good! That's gonna be an interesting game between the Vikes and Seasquawks today. Got my BBQ ribs and goodies all ready.....have a great day, guys! Stay warm! :)

Edited by RebelSS

34 minutes ago, Boar said:

he's still in his blue onezie with the feet an butt flap,:P

I,m up you blockhead!!!!!! and dressed.:P moving a bit slow. washed walls last nite to prep for painting. just looking to see how badly I have been verbally abused since I checked out last nite.

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

I,m up you blockhead!!!!!! and dressed.:P moving a bit slow. washed walls last nite to prep for painting. just looking to see how badly I have been verbally abused since I checked out last nite.

*Sniffle*   20018-crying-smurf-plac-strumpf-pitufo-l

What is this? It gets cold out so everyone stays in bed???? Chores done, snow moved, brushed aside my wife's advances and am at work slaving away after eating my out of code cereal and expired milk. Was tempted to start hitting the hard stuff when I got back in the house: The chocolate milk I got from my in laws. Bottled in glass bottles at their farm near Chatfield. It's like drinking a milkshake. Got me some white cheese curds and ice cream they make there too. Good curds. Make your teeth squeak. :D

Morning Dotch, and the rest!  Chatfield!  Got friends down there! You must be related to all the Bernard's, I'm betting...:whistle:  I pulled a Smurf and slept in until 8:00...pretty rare for me. -6 showing here and windy with a WC warning out for today. Not a nice day. Maybe I can move to a warm place soon...broke down and bought a Powerball yday...the first one I've ever bought in my life..really! Just don't buy those things, or scratch tickets. I think a smoked ham and cheddar omelet is in order in a few minutes...have a good day, guys! :)

Edited by RebelSS

24 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Just sitting in waiting room at Mayo waiting for someone. Routine test. Coffee still too hot to drink.

I did that at OMC yday. I've left MAYO and now go to a place that gets ya in and out without foolish red tape and psychobabble.

WHOOP! Back to the GOOD MORNING THREAD!  Wake up, guys!!! :grin:

Edited by RebelSS

22 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Morning Dotch, and the rest!  Chatfield!  Got friends down there! You must be related to all the Bernard's, I'm betting...:whistle:  I pulled a Smurf and slept in until 8:00...pretty rare for me. -6 showing here and windy with a WC warning out for today. Not a nice day. Maybe I can move to a warm place soon...broke down and bought a Powerball yday...the first one I've ever bought in my life..really! Just don't buy those things, or scratch tickets. I think a smoked ham and cheddar omelet is in order in a few minutes...have a good day, guys! :)

Boar said you don't have friends:P

27 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Boar said you don't have friends:P

Ha! He once said you were a "normal" guy. He also said he went to school. :grin:

Pics of my friends from my last informal backyard get-together.

Hampton-Court-Palace-Jubi-007.jpg

Edited by RebelSS

13 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

I did that at OMC yday. I've left MAYO and now go to a place that gets ya in and out without foolish red tape and psychobabble.

WHOOP! Back to the GOOD MORNING THREAD!  Wake up, guys!!! :grin:

Whatever works for you. Mayo's ways don't bother me.

Now that we got that all cleared up, time for lunch. Little cafe in Hartland opened up again after being closed for about a year. Remodeled and added a few new things to the menu, some of which are Oriental. Left some things alone like these ribs, served the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Just like old times on a chilly day in January. :)

20160112_115656.jpg.4cffd72e11e08d9f7b2d

Me too. Been fortunate to hit a fair number over the years in my travels across the Midwest and corn belt in general. Should probably put together a tour guide. :)

I gotta try out the pie next time I'm in Hartland. Was pretty full today and my little fat buddy was buying. Open till 3 though so I could probably still slip back down there again before closing. :lol:

There was a hardback book  years ago I kick myself in the butt for not buying...listing all the northern Minnesota road trip diners. My wife and I used to take Sunday drives with her Dad and Mom, and hit all those little places, stop in for a beer, string cheese, some snacks, plug the jukeboxes, just shoot some pool, then head on down the road. Those were fun times.

Edited by RebelSS

I bet. That's kinda what I do with the Stude during the warmer months. On weekends I'll take Mrs. Cheviot to some of the "exotic" dining establishments I find myself frequenting within a 50 or so mile radius of home. Typically not fancy but the people are friendly, the food is decent, the beer is cold and the price is right. :) 

3 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Ya that looks like a great book except for the stuff in there by that pinko commie Garrison Keillor...;) Lots of nostalgia for sure. Just in our little neck of the woods there were places like the Lobster House, Walter's Flame, The Fish House, The 7th Rib, The Branding Iron in Preston. Around where we're at now there was The Stables in Albert Lea, The Holiday House in St. Peter, The Pines in Ellendale and The Creamery in Otisco. And the list goes on. All of them except the Branding Iron are gone now. One place on my bucket list and I gotta get there one more time before I croak is Ted and Gen's in Aldrich. Ate there many times in college when I was working as an undergrad at the U. The ribs were fantastic but the turkey gizzard appetizers were to die for. :D Make for a great weekend cruise in the Hawk.

Ah ha.....this is too funny! A special Sunday was when my Dad would take us down to Walter's Flame for Dinner...or across the Street to the Fish House. That was very special to be able to eat out in the mid 60's for us. Ate many times at the Stables with my Mom and her jerk husband. Me and my work buddies headed down to The Branding Iron many a Friday nite for cocktails and food.  Don't forget Anchor Inn, aka "shrimp gluttony". Easter dinner at the Holiday House......and as for the 7th Rib, I kid you not, look what I've been wearing all day.......:lol:

2n0lz53.jpg