• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning!

It is still -8.3 here and the wind is picking up from the north.  Might not do much outside today.....  That's right football today too.   :D

That is exactly what I wonder LBBG.  Another thing to have to store.  I will have to see how much they are.  We are trying to rationalize it.  Maybe do bananas and some other things????  

Yep morning all. Felt good to sleep in, pooch woke me bout 5:30 let him out got the coffee going let him in and he jumped back in bed with ma, he's no dummy. Nice and quiet until 7:30 when the rest of the house woke up,  got the local paper read, the outdoor news read, perfect me time. Have a good day fellas. .

if your unsure if its done give it a little more time, its jerkey, thats why i use a meat slicer to get all pieces pretty much the same thickness, when 1-2 ore done its all done. tke a peice out and cut it up 

I slept til 845am since after hockey last night we watched a movie til 130, which is uncannily rare for me.  Hockey game at 2pm, pondering what to make for a post game/football meal right now.  Wife yelled at me when I was posting the talk Boar and I are savant thing on the jerky thread because I was "on the outdoor blog" again.  I kindly asked her what I should be doing instead on a -5 degree winter morning while I drank coffee.  Maybe I should start doing meth instead?

I'm thinking of making something I've never made today but can't figure what that may be.  I think anything rotisserie is out, kind of cold.

Yeah, my wife thinks I'm weird for all the time on spend on here, too - yet she'll play Candy Crush on her phone for hours on end. At least what we do on here is constructive - mostly.

Was gonna do venny sticks today and tomorrow, but I think I'll wait for things to warm up a bit.

18 minutes ago, ThunderLund78 said:

Yeah, my wife thinks I'm weird for all the time on spend on here, too - yet she'll play Candy Crush on her phone for hours on end. At least what we do on here is constructive - mostly.

Was gonna do venny sticks today and tomorrow, but I think I'll wait for things to warm up a bit.

yours too huh?

46 minutes ago, leechlake said:

candy crush...my wife too.  I've never put a game on my phone.  I do let one rip and lock the windows though sometimes just to bug her.  It's hard to play candy crush when your eyes are watering I guess.

Haha, you too huh? And lock the windows for a bit. They love that!!!! My wife is a candy crush junky too.

Good Morning even if it's afternoon already.  Don't pay much attention when the grandkids are here.    That's been our morning.  Started off though with hash browns and eggs.  Have to make Canadian bacon again.  I think Cubs is going to have half boneless loins on sale next week for 1.99 lb.  I'll try to watch some football between that and the kids.  Going to make Reb's caviar also along with Kris's dip [ jalapeno jelly and cream cheese].  My wife is into that Candy Crush also, not me.  good luck.

5 hours ago, lovebigbluegills said:

Dehydrator is a purchase I've considered for quite a while now. I just don't think id use it that much??

I bought a used one. use it mainly to dry my home grown seasonings plant!!!!

38 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

O really,  I hope you bought a wizinator to go with that dehydrator!!!!:D

:P:D ha.these are completely legit.........parsley, oregano tarragon basil etc..............

Good morning Gentelmen, good morning smurf, reb, LL. just having my morning cup of tar and contemplating where to start today, Vikes paly at noon so thats cool, gonna start smomeing the worlds best jerkey soon, so thats gonna be fun, i sure do loves me to smome. Surprised the heck outa me, wife went grocery shoping yesterday, and actually brought home most of my request including a Pork loin, which is now going to be brined into C-Bacon for eelpout fest. Wish I could have it done for ice-a-palooza in two weeks but its just not gonna happen. Carry on guys, GO VIKES!!

Watched "Concussion" last night and ended up staying up too late so I slept too late and as I type this I bet I have a frowny tired face.  Well I better turn that frown upside down!  I don't know Bobby Bass but I just thought of him because I saw he posted something on "our 'cooking'" thread the other day.  Glad he's up to that, so I start the day for a morning prayer for BB, his family, and his health...may as well throw in anyone reading this, I and you know who you are (had to say the prayer for a moment).

Heading to the hockey rink, back just in time for Vikes game and some chow.  LL Jr. has an 8 game goal scoring streak going.  He's all about the team so he isn't a selfish player so the streak is kind of cool and he's never had one like this.  

Great day looming on the horizon.