• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Egg Boiling People

My experience from the pricking:

2 dozen eggs, all fresh and cold out of the fridge, poked on the round end with a safety pin (all I could find). Boiled a pot of water, put the eggs in for 8, turned off the burner and let them sit in the hot water for 8 more. The bubbles exuded from the shell hole were awesome, and I knew immediately that this was going to work, and it did. No boiled egg white floating around the pot that leaked out from the weak point of the shell. I will do this religiously from now on.

I JUST PICKLED 2 DOZ !!!!

did em up in garlic onions and jalapenos

Brine:

1 cup water

3 cups white vinegar

1 cup apple cider vinegar

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tbls pickling salt

2 tbls ground mustard

CANT WAIT TO TRY EM !!!!!!!!! might be a lil sweet well have to tweek the brine if they are but sweet and hot might be tastie with an ice cold barley pop !!

www.firehousepantrystore.com (Shhhh. don't tell the moderators I posted a link) smile

Check out all the powdered stuff they have.

I used the buffalo powder they have.

The recipe I used was from on here with some minor changes.

2 tablespoons buffalo powder

2 cups white vinegar

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup sugar

1 teaspoon pickling spice

1 tablespoon salt

2 jalapenos

1/2 yellow onion sliced

Brought the brine to a boil and simmered for 5 minutes. Poured in the jars while still hot.

I did a half batch with this, and also a half batch of another recipe. This one I think will be the winner....

buffalopickledeggs_zpscb1cc7df.jpg

There is far more than just spicy stuff there.

I ordered pound of the Kraft chedder cheese powder.... The bomb on popcorn!

Here are the best sellers.

http://www.firehousepantrystore.com/bestsellers.html (My apologies to admin for posting another link, but these are necessary to share)

This should get a laugh from some, but what I use to do was get the water boiling drop the eggs in for 8 minutes. Then cold water for 5 min, poke a small hole in one end then a larger one in the other side, cup the egg in my hand and blow on one end, the egg would just pop out. After 3 dozen I had to sit down, little light headed and just about vaugled myself out. Haha. They do have a piece of equipment one of those seen on TV things called the eggstractor and it works like a charm.

Kettle

the eggs are really great deviled. a little miracle whip, chili powder and onion powder is a good one to start with and get creative from there. cajon powder and lemon pepper is one of my favorites. or just eat them straight. mmmmm! or in a salad. egg salad on a roll up with red peppers and lettuce. so many ways.... so little time.

Add chopped crispy bacon to this recipe and it's a REAL winner!

I failed again. I never thought I'd be frustrated about a hard boiled egg. Frankly, I rarely make them but my wife eats the egg whites and makes them all the time.

I had one of 12 comes out the quick and easy way. I'm thinking its how I crack them before I start attempting to do the quick peel. Help.

I tried the steamer method the other day (nice tip thanks).   Eggs were undercooked @ 12 min.  Put in for another 10 and worked well.  

Next batch will be steamed for 20 min and then shocked in ice water.

I will use the push pin method but I’m not sure if it will have any effect when using a steamer.  I would guess having a vent would help whether its under water or not.  I also think the amount of “precracking”  does make a difference in how well it peels too

leechlake, cant figure out why you are having no luck. it is soooo slick.

try 6 next time. fresh works fine, old works fine.

1. Poke hole in bigger round end with tack

2. Boil water. Back off the heat just a bit.

3. Drop eggs into boiling water with spoon.

4. Boil 8 minutes

5. Remove pan from burner

6. Let sit 7 to 8 minutes.

7. Empty water and run cold water in the pan and empty 3 times.

8. Cover with cold water.

9. Peel

you can do it.......

I have only done it 5 times but worked sweet every time.