• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kluwe: Vikings assistant is a “bigot,” Frazier and Spielman “cowards”

PurpleFloyd

About 75% of the people who post in this thread need to seriously go find another team to cheer for AND find another state to live in...nobody cares about the ultra-sensative and the way the stadium was funded.

I've got news for both parties...the stadium is being built and Prieffer still has a job.

Get over yourselves....

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 for Kluwe, none for the Vikings, suckas-

Kluwe, 32, had previously pledged to sue the Vikings "in excess of $10 million" and award the damages to LGBT causes, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. As part of the settlement, the team will reportedly donate a confidential amount to five such charitable endeavors over the next five years.

“Everybody knows the numbers we have been talking about over the past seven months,” Kluwe's lawyer, Clayton Halunen, told Vikings beat reporter Chris Tomasson in the Pioneer Press. “It’s substantial. … Chris will receive absolutely nothing from this settlement.”

Chris Kluwe ✔ @ChrisWarcraft

Follow

Also, I get exactly ZERO dollars from this settlement, so if you sent me a nasty message over the past months, go mainline bleach.

9:49 AM - 19 Aug 2014

Kluwe's bravado in this case ended when it was revealed he was just as much a participant in insensitive joking (about children sexually abused by Sandusky) as Priefer and many other Vikings were about other "untouchables". While we can debate whether we as a society can exist with this going on at training camps in heated contact sports, the Vikings decided to go with door number three, giving the public the illusion that they think such language, kidding and teasing has to be ended at Winter Park. When the ultimate numbers are revealed, if revealed, I'm confident they will be nowhere near the numbers Kluwe was throwing around, as he had no bargaining power due to his own indiscretions. Paraphrasing LMT, he was exposed as a hypocrit and a fraud.

I actually wish this had gone to court. The vikings wouldn't have likely owed a penny. Clearly there is a reason kluwe wanted this settled and didn't file the lawsuit.

In the end its probably better for both parties it ended this way.

Kluwe did not need to continue. He got money for the cause he supports.

Kluwe did not need to continue. He got money for the cause he supports.

You dont really believe that is why he never filed the lawsuit do you? It's been widely established already that Kluwe had very little chance of winning by multiple outlets. Im quite sure it didnt go to court because HE didnt want this drug through the mud, which completely goes against everything he always says/does, but I have a feeling he would have lost everything had he done that. Not financially, but, there were a lot of people who respected him for how he spoke up against certain things, in fact, I was one of them at that time, but the ugly turn he took and the endless Twitter tirades grew too tiresome.

In the end the Vikings look good and he looks good I guess.

I don't see how he looks good in this. IMO the Vikings completely spun the whole thing in their favor. They donate money to a "good" cause (in reality they just want them to shut the he!! up and go away). Meanwhile Kluwe has left most people seeing him as the self absorbed, hypocritical, immature little gnat that he is.

I have little doubt that he is one of the most despised and hated individuals by most of the players and personnel in the league. I'm sure they will all enjoy the "sensitivity" training.

You dont really believe that is why he never filed the lawsuit do you? It's been widely established already that Kluwe had very little chance of winning by multiple outlets. Im quite sure it didnt go to court because HE didnt want this drug through the mud, which completely goes against everything he always says/does, but I have a feeling he would have lost everything had he done that.

Much speculation here, but no facts. What is a fact is that Kluwe got the Vikings to give money, and likely a good sum of money, to causes that matter to him.

You may call it speculation but do you honestly think they wouldn't have brought this forward with a lawsuit if they had a leg to stand on? I do! Look how aggressive he was when the info from the investigation was released. No way he rolls over on this.

I'm not disputing whether or not they are "good" causes. I'm challenging how this paints a positive picture for Kluwe. I think this is more of a goodwill gesture on behalf of the vikings than a "win" for kluwe.

Who said it paints a positive picture for Kluwe and why are some of you so focused on that?

Goodwill gesture? Nice spin on it. laugh

I don't call it a goodwill gesture when you are prodded to do it.