• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kluwe: Vikings assistant is a “bigot,” Frazier and Spielman “cowards”

PurpleFloyd

I see where you are coming from as far as Priefer not being up front about the truth of his statements from day one Canon. I just don't like how the whole thing was brought up in the first place. If Kluwless had a problem with what was said he shouldn't have laughed about it like everyone else. He should have taken the matter to management right away and had it dealt with in house but he was too busy running around the locker room making fun of pedophilia.

In light of the facts of the whole situation I really don't care that Priefer didn't take this matter seriously and told a few fibs. I actually think the suspension is extreme.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 1 guy vs the world. But that 1 guy nowdays gets more print because we have to take that into consideration becuz we might hurt someones feelings. we have a case here where most, in my crowd, would not have paid much attention to and might have laughed at what the coach said. Probably close to all of us. But the real problem here is the punter, cant say his name becuz he is one of those that needs attention said basically the same thing, referencing the notre dame thing. Its not different. He lost his job becuz they could replace him cheaper for the same performance and he never shut his mouth. How many times have we seen him on tv the last few yrs as really an insignificant part of the team. He needed his voice heard, hes a frickin punter who cant handle he got let go. Team up with the rainbow group and move on.

I see where you are coming from as far as Priefer not being up front about the truth of his statements from day one Canon. I just don't like how the whole thing was brought up in the first place. If Kluwless had a problem with what was said he shouldn't have laughed about it like everyone else. He should have taken the matter to management right away and had it dealt with in house but he was too busy running around the locker room making fun of pedophilia.

In light of the facts of the whole situation I really don't care that Priefer didn't take this matter seriously and told a few fibs. I actually think the suspension is extreme.

I agree 100%.

If he had come out right away and made the allegations then he would have a leg to stand on, but bringing it up years after the fact and after he got released and has no job just makes him look desperate and looking to extract revenge.

There are getting to be too many people who are getting too experienced at feeling outrage these days and I think it is time they get a little thicker skin.

That and the fact the hypocrite laughed at priefers "joke" in the first place makes it a complete farse. If he wasn't an attention whore then we wouldn't even be here bickering with canon guy who thinks priefer should have been fired.

"The Vikings suspended Priefer for the first three games of the coming season, but Kluwe has threatened to sue the team if it does not release the full 150-page report."

Let us take a look then have an opinion.

Why does anyone think they deserve to see the Vikings report? It was their independent report they paid to be performed on their staff and employees? It was not driven by the NFL or any regulatory body, why does anyone (especially the media) assume the organization owes them their review?

Why does anyone think they deserve to see the Vikings report? It was their independent report they paid to be performed on their staff and employees? It was not driven by the NFL or any regulatory body, why does anyone (especially the media) assume the organization owes them their review?

Then why release any of it?

I guess we don't deserve it any more than they deserved the 1/2 billion dollars we gave then.

Because public tax dollars (A LOT OF THEM) are building this joke of a football franchise a new stadium.

That's why.

Bingo! Just the replies I expected. The Vikings did not accept a half billion dollat check from the state and book a billion dollar asset on their balance sheet labeled "Shiny New Stadium". The state contributed money to a stadium owned by the MSFA, ultimately the state. The Vikings are the main tenant and required to contribute to a multi use stadium. I am as conservative as any and do not like the feds, state or local gov spending unecessary money, but the fact is we live in Minnesota and the weather sucks. We need a covered multi use stadium. As someone who played local sports in the dome and watched numerous high school& MIAC college football games and high school/gopher baseball games there I realize we need a venue for those events as well. I understand it is expensive, but I see the benefit local athletes receive by us making this stadium available for their use as well. And if you disagree with the naming rights or concession revenue deal, then blame that on Jack Hole #1 in ST. Paul (Dayton) and not the Vikings. Sorry I got off topic.

Point I am trying to make is that the state did not pay for a Vikings stadium, both parties contributed to a multi use stadium the State of Minnesota owns and uses. Personally, I thought the dome was fine. From my view, the Vikings owe us nothing.

Bingo! Just the replies I expected. The Vikings did not accept a half billion dollat check from the state and book a billion dollar asset on their balance sheet labeled "Shiny New Stadium". The state contributed money to a stadium owned by the MSFA, ultimately the state. The Vikings are the main tenant and required to contribute to a multi use stadium. I am as conservative as any and do not like the feds, state or local gov spending unecessary money, but the fact is we live in Minnesota and the weather sucks. We need a covered multi use stadium. As someone who played local sports in the dome and watched numerous high school& MIAC college football games and high school/gopher baseball games there I realize we need a venue for those events as well. I understand it is expensive, but I see the benefit local athletes receive by us making this stadium available for their use as well. And if you disagree with the naming rights or concession revenue deal, then blame that on Jack Hole #1 in ST. Paul (Dayton) and not the Vikings. Sorry I got off topic.

Point I am trying to make is that the state did not pay for a Vikings stadium, both parties contributed to a multi use stadium the State of Minnesota owns and uses. Personally, I thought the dome was fine. From my view, the Vikings owe us nothing.

The stadium was built for the Vikings.

Bingo!

Quote:

I have to agree with Lmt and Cannon Guy. There were threats made by team Wilf and the NFL (extortion) that said build the stadium or we are moving your team to a city that will. You really lost me when you said that high school sports, MIAC, and the gopher baseball team need a billion dollar stadium. If you are going to be subsidized by the state you have to open your books and everything should be transparent. After all we are all part owners of the stadium as you mentioned above. grin