• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any trail reports?

Walleyehooker

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to go out yesterday and catch Baxter one but it was not groomed and had trees down so it was not rideable. Have not seen a groomer yet. I did talk to a buddy and the trails south of H18 had been groomed except for swamps. He thinks they had started over by the fair grounds and points east.

It is going to take a bit and another storm to gets things really rideable. If I was trailering I would skip the Brainerd/Baxter area and take your money up to the McGregor and Aitkin are ride north east.

drove up from the cities yesterday to the St.Mathias area and the trails looked to be freshly groomed on the Dewing Hwy area went into Brainerd today and the trails along old 371 looked to be barely used coming back I seen a half dozen guys out when I took the back roads from the Wild Rice Depot back to Sleepy Hollow and the Groomer is sitting at Patnodes Cabinet shop

Groomers have started to run here in our neck of the woods, haven't seen many sleds yet but its' been darn cold out too. My cousin and I were out riding a little bit yesterday and it's pretty fluffy, some support but not much yet but still a good start to the season.

Mike

By Crosslake there wasn't anything groomed Sat or Sunday, but the gates were open on trails. Decent amount of tracks, and the trails were pretty "not so hot" but sure once the groomers start it will settle down.

The lakes are fluffy and filled with fine soft snow with glare ice underneath, but around shore is pretty slushy. My next time up is two weeks, hope we get some more snow before them, but will be ready to ride them for sure!

Up here around TRF there are a few trails groomed, but not many, and after all this snow it's hard to believe how few sleds have been out.

The cold has been kicking our butts. I thought after so much cold the snow would've hardened up enough for some decent riding, but it's still really deep and fluffy, and it's tough to keep a sled on top at all.

Looking forward to some groomed trails. Found the sled I was looking for so now the wife and I both have good sleds as well as one more for the kids. Should be a fun winter of riding as long as it just warms up a bit.

Well I did my share today and traveled about 210 miles. Left from Moose Lake and headed up to Cloquet, Brookston, Floodwood, then back down to McGregor and back over to Moose Lake. About 150 of it was great as we were the only sleds on freshly groomed trails. Then we hit a stretch from Floodwood to McGregor that was ungroomed and only had a sled or two on it.

The snow is very fluffy and was tough to "get on top" of as Canopy Sam said but we did our part to pack it. It was a real work out, as we're the lakes because they were bad with a capital B! Lots of slush everywhere!

The Renegade Etec continues to impress me with its mileage, over 18.5 mpg compared to 12 that my buddy gets on his Switchback. All in all a good day of riding! smile

Two consecutive weekends in the Fergus Falls, Ottertail area and no groomer's in sight! First weekend when it was -15 saw two other sleds. Last weekend only -5 and saw no other sleds! I sure hope they get out and groom before Christmas. I don't mind the cold one bit but I do like a nicely groomed trail.

As to the above comment, why are they so slow to get out this year? Seems like with all this snow the clubs would wanna get out there and take advantage of all this early deep snow this year?

Gotta couple nice days starting today to get in some miles. Time to burn some fuel boys!!!! laugh Yee Haw!!!!

Heard a rumor this evening that some clubs are and were not grooming due to the muzzle loader season. Trails through private land the landowners wanted to hunt without snowmobiles running through. That ended Sunday so we shall see. I see Douglas Co. area (DATA) started grooming today. Not sure I buy the theory but...

I put on 45 mils on Friday. I rode from Linwood, over to Stacy and went south on the 61 trail for a few miles (61 trail was in nice condition). We then headed east over to S Center Lake, cut across the lake to Lindstrom and then headed back.

The groomer had been through at least once on some of the trails we rode. Swamps were bumpy and really need snow bad. There wasn't much snow on S Center. Trails through farm fields were horrible. Ditches were decent in most areas.

It looks like they did an initial pass grooming on some of the trails in the Linwood area.

Crosslake / Emily area was really nice and trails were great Saturday morning. We didn't go far, and my granddaughter got stuck pretty good on the downside of a ditch, haha!, but it was great conditions the afternoon we went. Lakes are still really slushy in areas, but opposite from what it was a couple weeks ago - the shores now seem good and solid but the middles are slushy.