• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you could make one change......

Coach1310

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two lines for the operator of the boat or when fishing from shore. It costs way too much money to drive up north and fish alone trolling a single line, for example. Fishing is hard enough-see no reason why a single guy in a boat can't run 2 or 2 guys can't run 3 lines, or a guy shore fishing can run a second bobber, or a bobber and a crankbait.

Wisconsin and I think ND has a two line rule per person anywhere.

I don't fish alone on a trip far off because I can't stand running a single line by myself in a boat - seems dumb. So I rarely fish alone.

It costs the state in tourism revenue for certain. I know the other side of the coin is fish mortality, but it never really works out to be a huge fish killer running a second line for me, cuz if they are biting well, I always drop to one anyhow.

I always thought a buck lottery, rather then a doe lottery. This could also be a good way to help out the head hunters, not that I am in support of that. But I know in the area I hunt the doe's out number the bucks by a large number.

I have thought this for years!! Buck lottery or earn a buck. I know that the does in my area are 5X what the bucks are if not more. Why not even do it every three years or so as to give the bucks a season off. I beleive, and I am not a biologist, that it would help the heards and the populations.

Get rid of individual season deer licenses and just make it so we have one deer license good for all three seasons. One either/or tag per hunter.

Other nominees would be; buck lottery, antlerless only prior to gun opener, earn a buck, late doe season, eliminate the individual seasons and just have deer season, change the youth regs to new-hunter regs, and crossbow allowed in archery.

I chose the one I did because it would effect everyone by being a statewide thing and help to unify hunters in a way. IMO buck lottery isn't needed everywhere in the state, but would be the best thing to ever happen to parts of the state, a late doe season would only be in parts of the state with too many deer, EAB would only be in parts of the state, etc.

One other thing I have thought about would be baiting. I am on the fence about this but, if you plant a food plot with whatever(clover, beats, sugar beats, beans, ect,) and hunt over it. Why is that any different than the guy that puts out a block of mixed "stuff" with some corn or com er deer or anything like that and hunt over it.

I know that some would it take to the extreme and put tons of corn and what not out, but i guess at times I dont see the difference between placed bait and planted foos plot. They are both "training deer" to come and eat.

Again I am on the fence, just think about it every now and then. I shot my deer every year with out either and I am happy, but just a thought? It seems like certain counties in WI can place bait and does not seem to hurt the population?

Jameson...so every archery hunter that puts in countless hrs scouting and hunting have to pass on every buck until the orange army has a chance to shoot them out as far as a qualified marksman can. That's a great idea. I don't understand where some of you come up with these ideas... must be the wine

Jameson...so every archery hunter that puts in countless hrs scouting and hunting have to pass on every buck until the orange army has a chance to shoot them out as far as a qualified marksman can. That's a great idea. I don't understand where some of you come up with these ideas... must be the wine

More special hunts. Like state park hunts, and city hunts. I think it would spread hunters out, and also give new hunters the chance to see more deer. I'm not saying i want to hunt these spot for the big bucks. I just love to see deer. Make these hunts earn a buck!

My one little change- A legal buck has to be 5 1/2 years old or older.

Why- The age structure would be amazing. We'd have at least the opportunity to see world class deer. Hunters would have to get VERY familiar with the animals they're hunting, no more brown its down.

I know its crazy, but that's what I would want.

Now within reason... I'd be happy if they did away with party hunting. If you're not happy with it, DONT SHOOT IT! And if you do, you're done.

I think the pushing the gun season back is a good thing would give the bucks a chance to do there deed. i think peoples deer herds would really increase. When those bucks hear that first gun shot i think it really slows down on the breeding. I would think even when grouse and duck season starts just hearing those shots make deer a little more cautious.