• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Luck Tomorrow Morning!

DonBo

For all of you who are going on the first hunt of the year tomorrow morning, good luck! Sounds like it's going to be a nice cool morning, just what we've all been hoping for.

I'll be in a tree in the metro area hoping for a chance to fill a bonus tag.

Good luck to all, hope you whack the deer of your dreams. I will be staying home until the evening temps cool down.

I have some shooters on camera and they have been there for the past 4 weeks, I am sure they will be there in another week or two as it is private property and the landowner lets noone else in and there are no others woods withing a 1/2 mile or so.

For all of you who are going on the first hunt of the year tomorrow morning, good luck! Sounds like it's going to be a nice cool morning, just what we've all been hoping for.

I'll be in a tree in the metro area hoping for a chance to fill a bonus tag.

Good luck Don and don't forget to carry a full quiver whistle

Good luck to everyone who ventures in the woods tomorrow. This will be my 21st archery opener and I still have yet to fire a arrow on a morning hunt. Yes I have drawn the bow but still I have never shot at a deer in the morning. Hopefully I can get hat monkey off my back tomorrow.

"Which is better this time of year for movement, morning or evening."

It depends. : O : ) I think those that tell you not to hunt mornings early season are typically thinking about a field situation where the deer may be eating and spot you if you're walking out in the open. If you're hunting the woods or can access the field stand from the woods, I would go for it. So long as it isn't a well used bedding area. A

Anywhoo, made it out this morning for a short sit because schedule allowed. Come a month from now, I'll start sitting more evenings because schedule will allow and I like sleeping a little later!

Good luck everyone.

Saw 3 bucks and 2 does today. All bucks 1-2 year olds and in full velvet. One doe had some luck on her side and never offered a shot, another doe got a free pass because I like to shoot them much closer to the road. Fun/wet opening day! grin

Saw nothing Saturday morning, rained out Sat night. Went to church Sunday morning, sat last night & saw 6, could have shot 3. One decent doe under 10 yards. The area I was in last night is H/C, so only shooting big horns there. Hope to whack a doe in my money spot Friday night if the strong forecasted NW wind holds for then. Pretty early to know yet.

Congrats to those who wrapped a tag on one!

My buddy and I spent the weekend down south. 22 deer total seen between us, about half were bucks but no big antlered dudes confirmed. I had a 12 yard chip shot at a young 8 but let him go even though I really wanted to fill a tag this weekend.

I drew twice on does both opening morning and this morning but my shooting lane just wasn't big enough to include the extra 5 yards off the trail they were walking. frown

My buddy never made full draw but had a lot of fun. His near full draw on a nice 8 was interrupted by the forkie. smirk

Spent some quality time with the widow landowner and family and did some tree trimming and pressure washing the house. Helping them get needed things done left us feeling as good as getting a tag filled for the opener. smile