• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

Blunder was a panic pick, they got noid when all the other QB's we wanted went off the board, most of us didn't even know who Blunder was and we take him early in the 1st lol. Hard to say if that's what Spielman wanted because he wasn't in total control that draft, the last 2 drafts he has in complete control of and they have been pretty good, except for the fact the coaching staff is to stupid to get the players on the field.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line about releasing Cassel kinda has me perplexed a bit. I really dont understand the reasoning there if that were to happen.

I dont understand the logic in that either, if so then why did we get rid of McLeod Bethel-Thompson?

Fraiser said in the press conference that they would be "sliming down the playbook" for Monday nights game. Hmmmmm.......does that mean that Musgrave's playcall sheet will be a Post It instead of a 5X7 card he had last week? Musgrave's offense is so vanilla a 9 year old could learn the entire thing in about 2 hours time.

Run, run, pass, punt. Freeman could probably write that on his hand and Musgrave could do away with the card.

That's his signature series... another he is awefully proud of is:

run, run, pass across your body - int. - tackle, slink off the field.

Then his series he is most proud of... long run, short run, inc pass 54 yrd F.G.

I heard they were installing a kitty litter box on the side lines and filling it with sand so he can draw them up there vs. carrying such a cumerson play card. laugh

Good Luck!

Ken

Quote:

Vikings signed WR Rodney Smith off their practice squad.

An undrafted rookie out of Florida State, Smith is listed at 6'6/219. With first-round WR Cordarrelle Patterson playing just 12.6 snaps per game on the season, it's hard to see Smith getting any burn

Quote:

Vikings placed FS Harrison Smith (toe) on injured reserve/designated for return.

Smith is battling turf toe and will likely need surgery. The second-year player out of Notre Dame is Minnesota's top defensive back, and his loss is a major hit to a defense that already was bottom-four in the league. Andrew Sendejo will take over next to Jamarca Sanford. It's a significant downgrade. Smith will be eligible to return to practice in Week 13 and play in Week 15.

Fraiser said in the press conference that they would be "sliming down the playbook" for Monday nights game.

I took that to mean he was going to use the element of surprise by dropping one of the run plays in the run-run-pass-punt sequence and would punt on 3rd down. Speed the game up and wear the opposing offense down.

what a pathetic franchise. Im 34 yrs old. Never seen the vikings play in a super bowl in my lifetime and NEVER will.

Possibly the worst franchise in sports right now. This coaching staff is completely inept and the players are all helpless. Nothing else to say really

Remember when everyone thought Rick Spielman was a good GM too... Good squad you got assembled there Ricky. Nice Work.

Does anyone really trust Spielman to make the right picks in next years draft? Not me

That really is an excellent point YiGGin. The announcers mentioned during last night's game how Green Bay has 50 guys of their 53 man roster that have played with no one other than Green Bay! What does that tell you about their recruitment and retention? Almost the entire roster started with, and stays with the Pack. That's pretty impressive stuff right there.

If you go by that logic the Vikes haven't scored yet this year lol.

I'd like to see what our players could do in a different scheme with different coaches. I have way more faith in our young players then I do with our scheme and staff.

So Patterson is a dud or is it the staff are such morons they can't figure out a way to get him on the field? You know you have coaching issues when your 2nd best offensive player barely gets to see the field. Or wait nevermind, he gets to come on the field for a few snaps a game to try the same quick pass.

Ive been thinking that since week 1. What is so hard about having him run quick slants, bubble screens and go routes? Fake end arounds even? JEEZ. What are they saving him for, the playoffs? HA! Horrible schematics, Horrible coaching. Way too many mistakes. Cant block, cant tackle, cant win. Those 2 things are 100% coaching.

We could probably hit him deep on a stop and go for 80 yards on the 1st play of the game, that corner would jump so hard because we do the same play every time he gets on the field.

Only problem with that though is it would require a QB that can actually pump fake and then throw it deep.

what a pathetic franchise. Im 34 yrs old. Never seen the vikings play in a super bowl in my lifetime and NEVER will.

Possibly the worst franchise in sports right now. This coaching staff is completely inept and the players are all helpless. Nothing else to say really

Remember when everyone thought Rick Spielman was a good GM too... Good squad you got assembled there Ricky. Nice Work.

Does anyone really trust Spielman to make the right picks in next years draft? Not me

Spielman reminds me of Matt Millen in Detroit. Detroit got rid of Millen and at least they are competitive now.

Vikes need to get rid of Spielman. I said that when they promoted him from Player personal or what ever his title was. It is tough to coach when you have little talent and No QB.

Ponder needs to be dropped from the MN roster. He can only look at one WR. If that WR is not open within 2 seconds, Ponder panics and runs the ball.

Even as a GB fan I was embarrassed last night for MN. I am hoping MN trades Jennings back to us, Ponder does not use him.