• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

The biggest problem I see with this team is the play calling. Musgrave runs the same 5 plays over and over again. How many times can you roll Ponder out to the right on the play action. Everybody and their mother could see that coming from a mile away. Then no innovation to get AP the ball with space, no draws, no screens, no pitches, it's all the same vanilla play calls that I remember learning in pop warner.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Coach + Bad QB = BAD TEAM....can't put lipstick on this pig. But "we'll look at the game film and make the needed changes to become better"....get a clue Frazier, pointing out the mistakes and actually being able to correct them during game time are two completely different tasks. Either Frazier can't figure out the mistakes or the players can't make the adjustments....or both!

Been a huge Vikes fan my whole life and always will. This is the most frustating year. It's just as bad as the McNabb horror show. How much worse can it get and how can management not see it when everyone else can so clearly? I think the whole team is in a slump due to the ignorance of the coaching and QB situation. They just said Trestman has Cutler releasing the ball right away so the line doesn't have to protect him forever. WOW wish our coach knew that... frown

Dump Ponder at the end of this season as Leslie will more than likely play him the majority of this season. he will not put the blame on Ponder.

Then at the end of the season, Ziggy needs to go out and find a good expierenced QB and fire the head coach, and both the offensize and defensive cords and start over.

We need to clean house.

Two of those quarterbacks took the vikings to NFC championship games and the others all had infinitely more success in the passing game and game management than Blunder has. I'd rather get someone "experienced" (even if slightly on the downside of their career) than spend 3-4 years trying to give a draftee a fair shake to learn the game (like Tavaris Jokeson and Christian Blunder). What have the Vikings gotten out of the 3 draft picks they spent on Blunder, Webb, and Jackson? Nada. Actually worse than 'nothing'. They've aged the rest of the team 6 years while they experiment with QBs that'll never be good enough. I realize that Webb was only like a 6th rounder, but still it's hilarious that they bother drafting for a guy that'll never be better than second-string. Backup quarterbacks are a dime a dozen in this league!

They've wasted years trying to get Jackson and Blunder up to NFL speed, with blinders to the fact that neither will ever make it. Sticking with a loser QB was a big factor in Childress' lack of wins and ultimately his job. Similarly, it'll cost Frazier his job in the long run. Meanwhile, Peterson isn't getting any younger.

Get an old guy who has proven he can at least manage a game. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer both won superbowls, along with other random guys like Joe Flacco and Mark Rypien. It doesn't take a Manning, Brady, or Rodgers -- especially with AP on the team.

I'm not saying those type of guys would hurt, but maybe you wait and hold off on spending that 4-year development cycle (read: investment) until you have a legitimate shot at a franchise QB that could give you a decade of good seasons (Brady, Favre, Elway, Manning, etc), by first selecting that 1st or 2nd QB in the draft, rather than always settling on a 4th or 5th one selected and hoping he's 'good enough'. I think Ponder was the 4th QB selected in his draft year. There aren't going to be 4 'great' quarterbacks in every draft -- there's simply not enough starting QB positions in the NFL to have that kind of numbers to develop those guys. If you don't get the 1st or 2nd, you probably shouldn't bother drafting one at all, IMHO. If you're down to 4th on the list, tell me what the odds are going to be that he's better than some other aging QB who has been in the league already? Pretty slim, methinks.

Of course, with such a bad defense and O-line and special teams, it's not like a QB can take this team far anyway. They need help everywhere.

Who is going to be out there worth signing?

If anyone thinks this team is a QB away from being championship caliber, they are nuts. There are a lot of needs on this team and as much as I like Adrian Peterson I think it is time to look at fooling some team into a blockbuster trade to gather draft picks to go along with the high one they will most likely have this year.

This team needs to figure out how to scout QBs and find a good young one in the draft this year or next. Take your lumps now and build for the future. Adding some aging veteran QB will just prolong the agony and keep our draft picks in the mid range all the while never getting the full potential of Adrian Peterson because they won't be able to put good young talent around him.

Hopefully the Vikes have realized that you won't find your franchise QB at Alabama state or Birmingham, If they want an Alabama QB so bad they can pick up A.J. McCarron this year in the draft.

And if you think you can't find a good QB past the first 2 selected, tell that to Brett Favre, Tom Brady and Joe Montana.

Sounds like you have no issue with Ponder Big Dave.

I suggest a expierenced QB and you say we have had enough of them.

What shall we do then, continue on the path we are on now?

The Vikes have holes all over to fill but I question that AP should go, that's way out there.

Webb was drafted as a WR PROJECT...lets not forget that. That's exaxctly where he is now.

Ponder was one of many QB's to come out that year...many in the first round, if I remember correctly. Most didn't like the pick when it was made. Many of those QB's taken in the 1st round have become duds...

It was a bad pick...you move on.

This year class of QB's reminds me a lot of the class that Ponder came from...let's hope they get it right this time!!

Ponder was one of many QB's to come out that year...many in the first round, if I remember correctly. Most didn't like the pick when it was made. Many of those QB's taken in the 1st round have become duds...

It was a bad pick...you move on.

We need to take a page out of the Browns book, trade AP and start our 3rd string QB. We could get a blockbuster deal for AP for the future, otherwise just waste his talents for a couple more years.

The reason these types of trades rarely happen is because you are trading a known quantity for an unknown hopeful... If we traded AP, we'd need to draft another RB...what are the odds we get another AP? What if we draft a first round bust at RB? Then we are out a superstar and the pick we traded him for... He still has a few good-great years left, a couple at least, and we are NOT that many pieces away from contention. Just a couple key ones that we need to get next year. An efficient QB solves all kinds of woes right now...

A trade for AP would get you more then a 1st round pick.

It's a gamble for either side when trading, we could get multiple 1st round picks for him and he blows out his knee on his new team just as easily as we draft a bust.

I get it, AP is one of the only reasons to watch the Vikings and they would be horrid without him. If we traded him we'd be pretty much guaranteed the 1st pick of the draft with our pick, and we would have a couple more 1st round picks.

By time we get the new stadium AP will be beat to a pulp.