• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rumors...???

Scoot

I'm hearing rumors of an antelope trip and I've been teased with some tidbits of info about the trip. I wonder if anyone on the trip might have enough signal to check this post and tease the rest of you with these same tidbits???

After hunting speed goats the last 3 years, I'm missing not being out on the open prairie this fall.

Taking a fall off to hunt close to home, train a new pup, and save up some $$$ for next fall's bowhunting adventure.

Mule deer in the Bighorn Mts of Wyoming.

Good luck to that group of speed goat hunters and let's see some pics Donbo!!!

Brian

Yes, goat hunting is fun! I've found it very frustrating where we hunted them in Western ND. The terrain is very, very flat where the goats typically are and it's really tough to do a spot and stalk hunt there. There's also a ton of water around, so sitting water is also tough. With any luck the guys will have had a great hunt down there- as hot and dry as it's been I'd sure think the antelope will be watering frequently. It might be miserable in a sweatbox of a blind, but I'd guess it'll be productive.

Mule deer in the Bighorn Mts of Wyoming.

Oooohh, that'll be awesome!!! There is some beautiful country in the Bighorns and you'll love it! I'm jealous...

Thank You Donbo for putting together a awesome hunt and the invite to hunt with such a great group of guy's. We went 8 for 11 with everyone having opportunities on goats. It was hotter the heck in the blinds,one guy had a thermometer in the blind and Fri it hit 112. After sitting 36 hours in the blind over water and passing one the first morning I finally connected on my second stalk. We spotted him in a mowed hay field about a half mile away feeding towards a big draw and put the sneak on him. It ended up perfect with a 52 yard shot dropping him on the spot.

We all have some great stories and pic's and Donbo can tell his own.

Just remember Don,One Shot One Kill shockedwink

full-28877-36247-antelope20132.jpg

Beautiful buck, Sniper! Congrats!!!

For those who have not done it, spot and stalk archery for antelope is tough duty! To sneak on and take a buck like that successfully is no small accomplishment for sure. Antelope are incredibly keen critters and have eyesight that makes a whitetail look like it needs glasses. On top of that antelope make whitetail look laid back and care free- they're jumpy, twitchy, and wound up tight. Sneaking on them successfully is very difficult, but Sniper seemed to manage the task just fine. Congrats again, Snipes!!!

Got some real issues with my computer and am having a hard time posting photos, but the rumor is true. I also harvested a goat. Not the biggest of the bunch, but it was the last hour of the last day of the hunt.

I'm embarrased to even admit it, but the antelope I tagged was the fourth shot of the week. blush And the third of the DAY! shocked

At any rate, we had a great time. Was a good group of guys, good outfitter, good guides and a great cook. Everyone saw some true monster bucks, but sadly none of them came home with us.

Quote:
I'm embarrased to even admit it, but the antelope I tagged was the fourth shot of the week. blush And the third of the DAY! shocked

Just like turkey hunting eh? At least you're consistent across the board! Can't wait to see your goat and hear some more about the trip! smile