• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ponder

harvey lee

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
IS CHRISTIAN PONDER ACTUALLY TARVARIS JACKSON?

Written by PJD on 04 December 2012.

TarVar Jackson

We've been fooled, every last one of us.

Ever since the Vikings drafted "Christian Ponder" and let former Minnesota Vikings starting quarterback, Tarvaris Jackson, walk in free agency to sign with Seattle, we haven't seen any type of improvement in quarterback play. You would think we would, or at the very least that we would notice some type of differences in style, or numbers, or approach to the game, ANYthing. As Vikings fans, we were clamoring to have Tarvaris (or TarVar, as he was always affectionately called around here) run out of town and to bring in the new franchise quarterback. It seemed we had our wish when the Vikings picked Ponder. But we should have seen it coming, we should have seen the signs.

We never got a new quarterback after Brad Childress left. We just got Tarvaris Jackson in White Face.

Ponderis Jackson

Vikings blog Daily Norseman brings some compelling evidence to our attention. Take a look at these numbers comparing "Christian Ponder" and TarVar in their starts as quarterback of the Vikings. The results ... May be shocking:

"Christian Ponder" Stats Tarvaris Jackson

22 Starts in Minnesota 20

3,984 Passing Yards 4,086

24 Passing Touchdowns 26

22 Interceptions 22

58.7 Completion Percentage 59.4

76.6 Passer Rating 76.7

But this isn't all. We should have seen the other signs too, the more obvious ones. We were expecting a prototypical passer with Christian Ponder, a quarterback who would stand in the pocket and throw the ball down field. But no. We ended up with, oddly enough, a white running quarterback, a "scrambler" if you prefer to use the Caucasian term for running quarterback, very similar to TarVar's style. And the number of times both of these "different quarterbacks" have run into or banged knees with Adrian Peterson? Too numerous to count. There is simply no way there could be TWO separately people on this earth dumb enough to do that. And the number seven jersey. It was so obvious. "Ponder" couldn't even pretend he was trying to be double the quarterback he was as TarVar by picking 14 or something. Instead, he remained the status quo and drove this team to the ground while wearing the same, cursed, number.

He's like Batman. TarVar is like Batman for the Vikings, but an evil one. Not one that protects fans from failures and harm, but one who inflicts it. It's the only answer. Have you ever seen "Ponder" and TarVar in the same place together? Of course not, because it hasn't happened. It will never happen. He has to spend too much time in the chair to apply his White Face to pass as "Christian Ponder," young, franchise quarterback of the Vikings. But it won't work, Pondaris Jackson, we're on to you. We've seen how you both like to take your shirts off. That was the first giveaway. The interceptions and poor play was just the final straw.

Shirtless Ponderis Jackson

But we've learned our lesson. We kicked you to the curb and your alter ego is next, buddy, no doubt. So don't expect to see a number seven jersey on the field next year. We won't allow it. And wipe that White Face off, you look ridiculous.

Wide open? How do you figure? When the queens lose to the Lions and Bears the first two games......thought you had more knowledge and knew they were both in the NFC north....

Yep I'm trolling and loving it....popcorn please.

worst case the bikes are 1-2 at that point and one game up. To think the lions are for real at this point is a stretch (watch them blow the vikes out by 30 now). Bears have a new coach and new scheme they are prime for the picking. Terrible pass protection, terrible running game. Definite win there. Heck I don't see a loss until week 19. Lmao

A QB with a 50 rating would be a liability and although there may be a chance to get lucky during the regular season and pull out a few wins with a solid defense and a great running game, you will NEVER get away with that in the play-offs.

Trent Dilfer begs to differ.

There are alot of decent QB's out there that were pretty bad their first few yrs.

Ponders last real game he threw for 234 yds with 3td's and 0 Ints, with a QB rating of 120.2 in a game we needed to win to make the playoffs. That was pretty clutch, then he wet the bed and didn't start in the playoffs though that was pretty lame.

Ponder is no better with AP playing was one of the best ones I've heard in awhile. Our team is total garbage without AP no matter who is QB unless you got one of the top 5 in the league.

I knew there was a reason I liked this Ponder guy and now that that we have a real regular season game behind us its clear to me why. . He has clearly made it SUPER easy to go fishing on Sundays as long as he is playing. It's like getting dealt a seven/duece every hand.

I knew there was a reason I liked this Ponder guy and now that that we have a real regular season game behind us its clear to me why. . He has clearly made it SUPER easy to go fishing on Sundays as long as he is playing. It's like getting dealt a seven/duece every hand.

That's a quick about-face!

He did make some pretty decent passes in the second half. Certainly not for lack of talent out there. Just seems like the Vikes don't ever play with a lot of passion. They never seem to put it ALL together.

Pretty lackluster performance overall. My official new favorite team is Denver! laugh

I am not sure who is worse, Ponder, or the OC sending in the plays. When it is 3rd and 14, how do you send in the play to throw the ball 4 yards deep in your backfield? How about 2nd and a foot, and you throw a 1 yard pass for an interception? If you are passing on 2nd and a foot, throw it deep, its like a free play. I wasnt to fond of the Denny play to kneel it at half time either. Why not hand it off to Peterson, you never know, he might just break loose for a TD.

It is a good thing bow hunting starts next weekend, I cant watch another game with Ponder behind center. I figure by game 3 I should have my tags full by then. So maybe Cassel will be the starter by then. That will give me a couple weeks to watch them before the Wisconsin deer season.