• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ponder

harvey lee

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying that all those names on the list are incapable of being a successful NFL quarterback? Ponder actually had higher numbers than all but one of those 50 listed there.

BTW I am watching the replay of the falcons titans game. In the 20 or so minutes I've watched it matt Ryan threw 6 passes over 16 yards (distance used for dvoa) completing only one. What should we deduce from this?

grin

Preseason is for determining if on the bubble players will make it or not, or to try a new scheme or something, not to judge regular season performance.

Preseason football is the BIGGEST JOKE in all of professional sports.

Basing judgment on ANY pre-season game is completely pointless. Add into the fact that the league MVP is absent and all this is utter hogwash.

Yeah but who's basing judgement on JUST pre-season games? We also have the last 2 regular seasons to judge him on.

What should we deduce from this?

That it's preseason, which those stats don't care anything about.

But if you want Ponder then I'll take Ryan any day of the week and especially twice on Sundays.

Yeah but who's basing judgement on JUST pre-season games?

If you are going to cherry pick a couple of games, I can do that too. wink

The only thing more comical than preseason NFL is a mock fantasy draft. cool

McCoy

Clausen

Quinn

Leinhart

Sanchez

etc....

---------

Next year Ponder gets to join this happy list...he fits right in there with all these highly drafted QB's battling for back-up spots on other teams.

He'll fit in nicely with that group....

That it's preseason, which those stats don't care anything about.

But if you want Ponder then I'll take Ryan any day of the week and especially twice on Sundays.

well that's quite interesting since Ryan is on that very list I provided whose same stat you were touting was lower than ponder. Hmmm

I am all for giving the dude a chance this season, but it wont be a very big chance. He hasnt showed anything special to me, that says he should be a starter in the NFL. The guy thows hailmary looking passes 25 yards down field. He has no zip. He has no pocket awareness, he dances around like he wants to join Dancing with the stars. You normally keep your young QB, t os he can, or cant do it, Ponder hasnt showed that he can do it yet. I dont see a change this season.

Ponder is not the solution. That is clear to everyone with any sort of objectivity. No arm strength. Poor decision making. Lack of pocket awareness. Can't make proper checks at the line. Cassel is also not a long-term solution.

That means that the rest of the best years of the best RB in recent history will be wasted. Huzzah.

grin

Preseason is for determining if on the bubble players will make it or not, or to try a new scheme or something, not to judge regular season performance.

Preseason football is the BIGGEST JOKE in all of professional sports.

Ponder's performance since he has been in a Queens uniform should place him on the bubble. The Queens will not go far at all if anywhere with Ponder at the helm.

Only 2 reasons I see him still the starting QB is the fact that Leslie loves him asnd they have really noone any better.

Sadly Ponder will be the QB for this whole season maybe, then we can go through all of this next season again. Ongoing issue with Ponder. Ponder simply does not have the total skills be to anything but average at best.

Ponder is a on the bubble player but protected by our coach.

If pre season is such a joke, then how does a team get players to gel together? How do you get your QB and recievers to get thier timing down, wait till the 1st game?

As a fan, what is more important to you?  Wins or a high QB rating?    If the MN fans would like a SB or two to shove back in GB’s face, they sure aren’t going to do it by having someone new take the snaps every couple of years.   Remember all the guys that kept bellyaching to put Webb in?  Yeah hows that going for you?    Face it, what everyone is looking for here is a HOF QB and they only come around a few times in your life.  Ponder is exactly what Lmit said.  The best of the lousiest and the lousiest of the best.    However, he probably IS good enough to take them to the playoffs again, and once there anything can happen.

The teams can play all the pre-season games they want,  no problem with that, but actually watching them or predicting the team’s or individual players success from those games is ridiculous. Without the best players in the game playing and a meaningful outcome you might as well be watching tennis.  I don’t understand how anyone can even watch a single play of that garbage.  They shouldn’t even televise them or keep score.  All it is, is practice, but I guess the Rubes gotta have something to argue about for 4 weeks and need stats to polish up on their mock fantasy strategies before the big draft day.

During Sunday night's telecast, the network showed that Adrian Peterson's 6.0 yards/attempt average in 2012 was just shy of Ponder's 6.1 yards/attempt. It is the closest margin between any QB and RB in NFL history.

Now as far as Ponder goes, one should admit that the Vikings have had one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL for the past few years. The best receiver was a trick pony in Harvin. Now that Minnesota has a bonafide WR in Jennings, Burton has emerged, and Rudolph....we will truly see Ponder's colors. He's looked bad for two seasons with a terrible WR options. If he looks bad with a much improved WR corps, then it's a slam dunk decision to send him along. In fact, I think that you'll see Cassell play at some point during the Vikings 8-game schedule/nightmare from mid-October through early December.

I merely pointed out he was on the list. Not cherry picking.

Pointing him out on a list full of duds, which you did, is cherry picking.

But please continue supporting Ponder. You didn't have much credibility to damage anyway. grin

Pointing him out on a list full of duds, which you did, is cherry picking.

But please continue supporting Ponder. You didn't have much credibility to damage anyway. grin

You said you would take Ryan. I said he was on the list. So, your argument of Ponder being on this list of these terrible quarterbacks with some metric that is calculated by someone who has far too much time on their hands proves he is a terrible QB? When reviewing the list of names (which you obviously didnt), there are some names on there that are clearly not duds, but you can twist and turn it however you want. Proof is that you tried to slam him, when he is actually in some decent company.

Favre, Ryan, Bradford, Freeman. The point I am trying to make is your little "stat" is just a little above meaningless. Go find some more useless material. At least provide ALL of the information next time, not only the data that meets your agenda.

You don't need any advanced metrics to understand that Ponder is not a franchise QB; you just need to watch him play.

Please define "franchise QB". Is he Brady, Rodgers, Manning? Hell no. If you define it solely off "elite" status, not a chance. If you define it as something where they start the majority of the games, is consistent and doesnt require you to go look for a replacement or wonder what you are going to do with that position, I think it is possible he could fit that. This will be the tipping point on whether this experiment worked out or not, this season. If he doesnt produce, then HE GONE.