• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deadliest Catch

mrklean

they will still have pyro on that boat, at least it wasent a ar15 accident, just a freak deal bad fuse or something, but like limit said looking at the previews of the upcoming season having his hand messed might have been a blessing is disguise.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Elliot was going to lose more than a pot when that wave came in. But the show didn't build it up enough, so I knew they were all OK before the commercial break ended. Captain's better get themselves and their crews in order if they're going to make through opie's. Hate to see it that bad that early, but it will pass. That kid on Wild Bill's boat better nut up or lock himself in the bunkroom.

No Jake A time last week, maybe this week will check in on him.

I thought Elliot was going to lose more than a pot when that wave came in. But the show didn't build it up enough, so I knew they were all OK before the commercial break ended. Captain's better get themselves and their crews in order if they're going to make through opie's. Hate to see it that bad that early, but it will pass. That kid on Wild Bill's boat better nut up or lock himself in the bunkroom.

No Jake A time last week, maybe this week will check in on him.

for sure 19 and complaining about a girl friend who is more than likely running around on him anyways, i would have loved to make that king of money when i was 19

I have watched this show from day one, back when it was actually a documentary about fishing. For years I've been saying it's turned into drama soap opera for men....but I kept watching. After last night's show I think I'm done.

The whole Eliot's girlfriend thing pushed me over the edge.

I have watched this show from day one, back when it was actually a documentary about fishing. For years I've been saying it's turned into drama soap opera for men....but I kept watching. After last night's show I think I'm done.

The whole Eliot's girlfriend thing pushed me over the edge.

they just need to remove him from the show, it was much better without him

Finally watched this week. We have been reduced to broken toilets, mohawks, and Elliot being upset that his girlfriend doesn't want him and his live-in is messing around. This show may have peaked (many have said as much years ago, but I didn't want to beleive it).

Well, I'm still hooked I guess... Still don't want to miss any episode - but then again I've always wanted to be on boat at least once so maybe I'm just living vicariously through the show.

The viewers have shown interest in knowing more about the casts personal lives and the catching is eventually, just catching. Yeah, the novelty has worn off but when this show goes off the air (hopefully not for a long time) I'll be bummed.

The mohawk hazing of the 'horn was kinda tense I thought. Old crabbing culture meet the "Me" generation. Keith played with it for a little while but when when the 'horn told him "no", the Capt. got P.O.'d big time. I would've too. Say g'bye to your time on the Wizard, dork.

Elliot will lie to someone he says he loves while he has another woman living with him. What a JERK and FOOL. You can't play both sides of the fence.

Why would he, or anyone else, allow this to be put out on national television? Is it all just a scam to turn Elliot into a "bad guy" to keep ratings going.

The life of this show already got extended by a couple of years with the Capt. Phil story. I DVR it and go through it pretty quick, I am about done now. Doing an hour on the life of the crabs would be interesting.

The mohawk hazing of the 'horn was kinda tense I thought. Old crabbing culture meet the "Me" generation. Keith played with it for a little while but when when the 'horn told him "no", the Capt. got P.O.'d big time. I would've too. Say g'bye to your time on the Wizard, dork.

Maybe dork was too soft a word. I don't know what kinda chip that kid has on his shoulder but he needed that chip, a couple seeds and an empty nut hole to go after Freddie like that. crazy

i miss when they actually showed crab fishing and not this other made up dump, the kid leaving the wizard was such a setup joke, keith tells him hes only safe on the boat and when he steps on the dock he betterwatch himself then freddie is standing on the dock, the wizard is another boat i wouldnt mind seeing go away

That Elliot is a complete silly-me! So his dream girl won't get back with him so he up and decides to marry his side action who has her own side action?!! Karma happened when his engine blew, did he get the message you think?

Yeah, how could it go wrong? Calling a ring guy to meet you on the dock and proposing between off loads? That has disaster written all over it. Elliot might eant to take a page from the Hillstrands and consider the sea your mistress...

I thought the exchange with wild bill and that young kid was pretty good. I'm glad he decided to stick it out for at least the rest of the season. That's just too much money to pass up on for a girl who's name you'll forget in 6 months! And the kid's dad skipped out of town, so it'll be interesting to see how he does without his old man on the boat...I think it'll be better for him.

And the kid's dad skipped out of town, so it'll be interesting to see how he does without his old man on the boat...I think it'll be better for him.

And safer... Kirby was not gifted but he still put Bill in a tough spot by walking off like that.

As far as tossing Dane off the Wizard goes: In the old crabbing days I do think Keith's warning would be taken seriously. Now that they've been on film for nearly a decade they know they have to relive their actions and be judged so they might not walk the talk as much, so to speak. I really do believe Freddie would've laid the smack down on the kid 10 years ago once he hit the dock.

Read Spike Walker's book Working on the Edge and talk to some old time crabbers and you might change your mind about what is and isn't staged drama on the show. Two weeks in Kodiak hanging around the docks was um, memorable. grin

A good friend of mine crab fished for quite a few years in the hay days and did work on the Maverick which was a boat featured in the earlier seasons. He doesn't watch the show much because he lived it but has said it's dead nuts on. Of course this was a few years ago the last time we talked about the show. I'll be asking him in a few weeks if he's seen it lately but probably hasn't. He's out working the oil in ND. The guy hasn't worked a year round job in the almost 30 years I've known him. He still has his halibut quota that he fishes every year but gave up crabbing when he moved back to MN from AK to be near family. He's a tough as nails hard working guy that doesn't mince words and hates to be pinned down to anything very long unless he's making big dough. Just the kind of guys that are regulars on DC. All others get left at the dock. laugh

These shows are getting old and way to much drama and fights and bad relationships. Who cares just do your job. Most of these guys weather it be crabers or the oil boys in ND spend their money just as fast as they make it and end up broke. The ones with the money are the bars and strip joints.

If they just showed crews hauling pot after pot, season after season, the show wouldn't be around anymore. I'll agree the producers are looking for drama. Even regular fans would get burnt out on strictly fishing. From the little bit they showed of the Kiska Sea, I'd be surprised if that operation would hold anyone's interest past a single season. I thought their operation made the star boats look a little small time.

As far as the money management of the crabbers and oilers go, some play it smart and a lot don't. My bud went through the young partying stage when he first got into it but hasn't been that way for a long time. He's pretty comfortable financially. I knew he turned the corner when I got a call from him one day while he was in Dutch Harbor between trips. I told him I was surprised he called from there and his response was the only other thing to do was get drunk and pass out so he decided to spend his money calling people.

If they just showed crews hauling pot after pot, season after season, the show wouldn't be around anymore. I'll agree the producers are looking for drama. Even regular fans would get burnt out on strictly fishing. From the little bit they showed of the Kiska Sea, I'd be surprised if that operation would hold anyone's interest past a single season. I thought their operation made the star boats look a little small time.

As far as the money management of the crabbers and oilers go, some play it smart and a lot don't. My bud went through the young partying stage when he first got into it but hasn't been that way for a long time. He's pretty comfortable financially. I knew he turned the corner when I got a call from him one day while he was in Dutch Harbor between trips. I told him I was surprised he called from there and his response was the only other thing to do was get drunk and pass out so he decided to spend his money calling people.

the hazing of jake on the kiska sea is getting old, i would have knocked out the fat one in blue rain gear already, if i were them id be a little nicer to their future captain, as far as how the boat runs i dont like the fact the cap runs the hydros he needs to br paying attention to the water not the pot thats what the guys on deck are for, but bottom line is this the show is not the same without phil and the CM i enjoy all the other boats, and would fish with any of them, and love the show but that guy was made for tv