• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deadliest Catch

mrklean

I hope the CM makes the show next year. I don't know if Josh is ready to be the captain but I guess we'll find out. Just keep Jake Harris off that boat. Interesting note about Freddie at the end. If I were him I would stay put on the Wiz and make more $$.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/...and-a-baby.html

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddie had made a comment after Phil's death that he couldn't step foot back on that boat. He held Phil in very high regards, and it was just too hard for him to be on the cornelia marie. With him asking Keith to be his baby's godfather, he's holding him in that same regards now. I think it's safe to say he's staying put on the wizard.

While watching Freddy's additude, as they tried to pluck him out of the water, I was thinking of the previous blue season (earlier this season) when that greenhorn thought it would be a good idea to tangle with Freddy. That kid wasn't the smartest pickle in the jar and was probably lucky there were cameras present.

I think I'd watch a 2 hour shoe following Freddie in the off season... that dude is entertaining but with a heart of gold. Might not be the brightest knife on block, but if that goldstill medal winning tool ryan lotcke can get a show why can't Freddie? He really put Keith in a spot though, as I think he'd have fired anyone else that pulled a stunt like that.

No silly-me elliot this week trying to make a love connection, but we almost saw a walrus get fisted. I don't know which one I'd rather see less. Sig has a bad time at sea and at port and gives the reins to Edgar? Seems like there is more to this than we know. Time bandit needs some crab bigtime. Maybe jonathan can offer up some advice rather than just agree with andy.

I am not looking forward to seeing what happened to that dudes hand on the kiska sea. Looked like he put it through a meat grinder!

I think I'd watch a 2 hour shoe following Freddie in the off season... that dude is entertaining but with a heart of gold. Might not be the brightest knife on block, but if that goldstill medal winning tool ryan lotcke can get a show why can't Freddie? He really put Keith in a spot though, as I think he'd have fired anyone else that pulled a stunt like that.

No silly-me elliot this week trying to make a love connection, but we almost saw a walrus get fisted. I don't know which one I'd rather see less. Sig has a bad time at sea and at port and gives the reins to Edgar? Seems like there is more to this than we know. Time bandit needs some crab bigtime. Maybe jonathan can offer up some advice rather than just agree with andy.

I am not looking forward to seeing what happened to that dudes hand on the kiska sea. Looked like he put it through a meat grinder!

that looks brutal, almost like it went through the block, but karma has her ways the excessive amount of uncalled for carp they gave jake, seems like a little pay back, i know that makes me cold hearted but if i had a new guy on deck that was going to be my boss soon id try and help that person as much as i could since my safety will be in that persons hands soon.

Glad the season is done, the show really dragged out for me this year. I feel for that guy that had his hand go into the fish grinder. OMG my hands hurt seeing the wounds on his hands for that brief moment + the X-rays.

Jake and the Kiska obviously are not going to work out. It almost makes me wonder if Discovery didn't have a hand in it because the owner of the boat didn't seem to keen about Jake running his boat during the season at all, maybe that explains all the carp he took while on the boat.

And what's his name, Saga Captain and his woman problems...enough already.

I'll tune in to next year to see how Josh Harris does, perhaps Jake captains his boat. And farewell to Mike, he was always good for a laugh.

Edgar said he was done a couple years also. The hilstrand kid also quit, and came back the next season. I think chances are better than not he'll be back next season. Him starting a family, and coming off a terrible season all at the same time might have made it an easy decision at the time, but the more he thinks about it, and the closer the season gets, the more he'll get that itch. The best part of the finale was when Monte disregarded Keith's orders and dropped the pots back on the same spot, and it ended up being great numbers!

You always need 2 people that can run the boat and Jake Hansen could do that plus be a top notch deck hand and someone who could help train a new crew....and might make for some good stories....just sayin. Will be interesting to see who Josh even gets for a crew. I don't see a boat ready for Jake to take over in the near future, the Siska is not a good fit at this point IMO.

Yeah, I see Josh needing a relief skipper more than most skippers out there. I think he could use someone more seasoned though. Between himself and, say Jake, they haven't got a whole lotta wheelhouse experience and the CM is not a small crab boat. I realize the CM will be out tendering and some other stuff but that's not Bearing Sea hell.

Freddie will probably be back on the CM deck to honor his promise and get the operation going but he'll go back to the Wizard after he's done his duty.

If the Kiska Sea will keep Jake on with the honest intention of training him for the wheelhouse, I think he should stick it out. I just don't see how he could expect to be a true Co-Captain during his first season on the boat. If that was an honest proposal from the owner then he seriously over estimated Jake. My guess is the intent was to have him on board to learn the operation and dabble in the wheelhouse for 3-5 years before being Captain for trip, let alone a season. It takes time to learn an operation like that and unfortunately Jake has no patience in that department.

Mike Fourtner: The guy is MADE for this show. Mikey, tell everyone you're not coming back and then when Discovery starts making offers, well, you know the rest. I've never seen any mention about what the contracts are worth between the Captains/Owners and Discovery but I'd bet a walrus tusk that the crab ain't the only Cha Ching coming aboard!!

Looking forward to next season already.

I'm not so sure about Discovery paying the boats for footage. Paul Teuttle Sr.(Orange County Choppers) actually paid Discovery a ton of money to start filming his shop. Cost him a fortune out of the gate, but the dividends are astronomical!

Not sure about how this would stamp on crab fishing, but there are definitely captains that don't want to be filmed, hence one would have to ask the question, are they getting paid to be filmed, or is it the other way around?

The Hillstrand boys are now riding the marketing that Discovery is providing with clothing, fireworks, and other Time Bandit brand stuff, and I suppose even Elliot is selling a few of his goofy numbered hats and shirts. Would anyone really want to wear an article of clothing associated with Elliot? crazy

Yeah Sam, I can see why OCC would pay to be filmed - like you said the divendends were huge. But outside of the Hillstrand's I haven't seen any marketing going OF another operation. I see Junior wearing Bass Pro Shops shirts all the time and figure he gets a few nickels from them and what is 686 anyway?? But I don't see any Northwestern herring cakes or Keith bobble heads out there. grin

Getting filmed for fame and glory only lasts so long and with 9 seasons in the tank for DC and people still wanting to see more, the Captains would be entreprenurial morons (we know they're not) to not be getting a paycheck for being Discovery Channel's top earners.

Back when Discovery contracted Johnathan and Andy to do "Hillstranded" and they wanted to back out after finding out lame it was, Discovery threatened to sue them for breach of contract if they didn't finish the show. I recall the Hillstrands and even the Hansens saying they wouldn't do the next season of DC if Discovery didn't drop the suit. It somehow all got magically settled.

The Captains have leverage. smile