• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hysteria Update 2 (with pic)

Went out to Cabelas tonight. If you're in the market for ammo, you're still outta luck.

*They had two 5.56 ARs on the shelf. Both put on the shelf today, expected to be gone today.

*The pistol ammo isle was scary-empty. I snapped a pic to illustrate.

full-26456-30334-ammorack.jpg

As soon as Homeland Securities huge ammo order is filled, then those shelves can be filled but not until that time.

That's the same thing I'm thinking(or hoping). I think the first of the year is when most law enforcement agencies put in their yearly order(at least I know they do in a couple counties up here) and I'd guess that their orders are more of a priority than stores. The shelves will fill back up soon. I've seen a lot of 45 and a ton of 40 on the shelves and even some 9mm trickling in here and there.

I do think its funny that all this was started by anti gun people and the ammo makers and gun manufacturers will probably have one heck of a year in sales.

A slight error in your posting: this (the panic and hysterical buying" is not the fault of any "anti gun people"'. It is totally the fault of people who allow themselves to be thrown into senseless panic over things that have not happened and probably will not happen. I have heard no talk of banning .40 ammo. Have you? No word I've seen about doing away with .223 ammo. Far as I know the .357 ammo has not been discussed. So who REALLY provoked the panic buying goofiness?

Could it be NRA? Your pals at work? Posters in these Forums?

Think about it.

I do think its funny that all this was started by anti gun people and the ammo makers and gun manufacturers will probably have one heck of a year in sales.

Exactly.

Ironically, the gun grabbers just pushed all of the guns they want out of the public's hands from warehouses and retailer's shelves right into them, and that is only going to make it that much more difficult to succeed in their anti second amendment agenda. Think about it.

Oops!

Ha Ha Ha!

So who REALLY provoked the panic buying goofiness?

Think about it.

Nope, none of those influenced my decisions. When the politicians started taking bans and more restrictions, well...you see what happens.

Seems this happens every 4-8 years,The paranoia spreads from the paranoid.Nothing changes,no gains or losses.Just some peoples way of thinking.We should all join a militia! Protect the incompetent from themselves!spread the word>Their commin fer our guns!! get em while you can cause they wont be here anylonger!

Seems this happens every 4-8 years,The paranoia spreads from the paranoid.Nothing changes,no gains or losses.Just some peoples way of thinking.We should all join a militia! Protect the incompetent from themselves!spread the word>Their commin fer our guns!! get em while you can cause they wont be here anylonger!

yup....just like the end of the world is coming.......for the 5th time

A slight error in your posting: this (the panic and hysterical buying" is not the fault of any "anti gun people"'. It is totally the fault of people who allow themselves to be thrown into senseless panic over things that have not happened and probably will not happen. I have heard no talk of banning .40 ammo. Have you? No word I've seen about doing away with .223 ammo. Far as I know the .357 ammo has not been discussed. So who REALLY provoked the panic buying goofiness?

Think about it.

So you think that the talk about banning certain firearms hasn't caused people to go out and purchase any and all of the firearms on the list that they can find? I still haven't figured out the panic behind all the clearing shelves of certain calibers of ammo. I'm guessing fear of more taxes.

I still haven't figured out the panic behind all the clearing shelves of certain calibers of ammo. I'm guessing fear of more taxes.

The ammo makes more sense than the uns as it is easier for someone to purchase and they don't have to own a certain gun for the resons behind buying it. Its called making money.

How many guys do you think are buying all this ammo/extra capacity mags just to turn around and try make a buck or hundreds on them? I worked at the Pine City Gun Show this weekend and their were plenty of guys only trying to peddle ammo and not just the vendors at the site people were walking in with backpacks full of ammo trying to sell it. and most did.

Its a way for some to cash in on the panic of others. Like I said its easy to obtain ,you don't need a FFL to buy/sell it, you don't have a waiting period, no paperwork and the list goes on. they might be the one creating the panic as the store shelves get bare.

I heard so many stories of how a certain big box store would get a truck load of ammo in at midnight and the next day by 9am they had bare shelves again.

So you think that the talk about banning certain firearms hasn't caused people to go out and purchase any and all of the firearms on the list that they can find? I still haven't figured out the panic behind all the clearing shelves of certain calibers of ammo. I'm guessing fear of more taxes.

Fear of not having any ammo for those shiny new guns. Speculation and or profiteering is another likely motive.

Any idea what the market value of my pre-AWB AR15 went to during the last ban? Three to five times what I paid for it.

Guess I need to get some more 17 HMR's..... cuz its gonna be a while I am afraid...

I will be sure to get a couple 17 HMR's that are pink and dont look intimidating, so someone sensitive doesnt have a coronary over them.... cripes..... This sucks.

I have been holding off, because I dont want to add to the hysteria, but unless it turns around soon, I will have to refill my supply for the spring.

If you get away from the big box stores in the big cities, you will find most ammo is readily available.

It's even drying up out here.

As little as two weeks ago there were bricks of .22LR on the shelves for $19.99, value pack cartons of 525-550 for $21., and even a big pile of the somewhat high priced Swamp People(?) 325 packs for $25. All that is gone now.

There is some .17HMR, a few .22WMR, and a brick and a few loose boxes of .22 short and .22 bird shot, then a few scattered boxes of various larger pistol calibers. Plenty of shotgun shells and a fair bit of the lesser-used rifle calibers.

If you get away from the big box stores in the big cities, you will find most ammo is readily available.

I agree, I'm not from the cities but go to school here, and when I go home on weekends I can find most ammo available locally, but as I stop at stores on my way back up the shelves get bare.

I went into Gander Mt. in Eden Prairie yesterday over lunch break and found only a few 100 round boxes of .22 shorts, and about 5 boxes of the 500 round Swamp People hollow point.22 for $60! Needless to say I am glad I already have a lot of .22.

There was no .223 of any type, but I did score some good prices on Remington Core Loct .30.30 and 30.06 for 14.99 and 19.99 respectively.

Most handgun ammo in .38 and .357 was priced moderately high and picked over pretty good. There was no 9mm.

I picked up some fairly priced shotgun ammo in 20, 28 and .410 gauges as these are rounds I shoot more than any other with all our grouse hunting.