• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

Tonights game should be a good one. More importantly, it is a good measuring stick as to how the Wild stack up to the best team in the West as of right now. Hoping the boys come out skating and flying around the rink like they did the other night against the Blue Jackets.

With any luck, Stoner will twist his ankle in the pregame skate and have to be scratched from the game. It would shore up our D!

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very thankful for the Wild, been tough watching Mauer and Morneau to start the season, 1 RBI in 62 at bats for them actually 3 but 2 were a big time gift from Adam Jones, if Ponder played like that he would be carved on local sports channels and national, anyway, I'm kinda concerned about our goaltending some, do we have enough if we get into the playoffs to be a threat, is our D tough enough, this shortened season feels so strange, Yeo said they had like 1 practice in that 10 day window or something, seems like we need to score first for sure, time for Rupp and Konopka to get after it a bit more early in games if we're struggling or looking sluggish.

How can a professional hockey player make that pass? That was beyond brutal. Still, I don't know that they can bring up Scandella to replace him. That would be 1 of four call ups and we know it wouldn't be permanent.

I think they are a bit over the barrel now with Stoner. He's got good size, but I think the only reason he is hanging around is they cant afford to move him down because of the limitations on moves.

He just looks lost out there.

That was a youth hockey pass.

I did see Chicago make some passes just like that too, but they got away with them.

The team overall looked tired last night. Pominville didnt seem as impressive as he did a couple nights ago. Perhaps some jitters in front of the home crowd for the first time.

Bummer Heatley is out for the year, we really need Cullen back.

I agree that Pominville didn't look good last night. Seemed like he had lead in his boots at times. I kept saying "what is Konopka doing out there", "oh wait that is Pominville, what the heck".

Hoping Cullen returns soon.

I agree that Pominville didn't look good last night. Seemed like he had lead in his boots at times. I kept saying "what is Konopka doing out there", "oh wait that is Pominville, what the heck".

Hoping Cullen returns soon.

Me too! There was a play in the first period (I think) where Pominville had a step on the D and could have gotten around for an open chance coming across the blueline, but he couldnt get around them. I was like where in the world is the speed?

I know if it were parise he would have gotten around him and I dont even think it was at the end of a shift. Odd.

Light years may be a bit of an overstatement since the game was 1-0. Neither team looked particularly good IMO.

Blackhawks are definitely a better team than the Wild, but I think if we had Cullen healthy, Zucker back up it would have been possibly a different result.

Light years may be a bit of an overstatement since the game was 1-0. Neither team looked particularly good IMO.

Blackhawks are definitely a better team than the Wild, but I think if we had Cullen healthy, Zucker back up it would have been possibly a different result.

Either Cullen or Zucker could take Stoneheads spot on D and do a better job so bring em both back!

I can't be mad about holding Chicago to one goal but they looked a lot better than us. Have to get out of this funk, we have slid from 3rd to 7th and Vancouver just keeps on winning.

Big game against the Blues tonight, we need some points!

Huge one tonight against the Blues, who we are not good against. We tend to get pushed around a lot in these games. Hopefully we can just play our game, tire out their D and score some goals.

I think they are one bad game away from bringing up Zucker and telling PMB he's out for the rest of the year. I would be OK with this. Zucker is the kind of guy you want in the playoffs.

Heater can take that -14 with him. Man what a roller coaster ride this shortened season has been. I hope we can sneak in, just saw Brunette vs. Patrick Roy clip no need to explain further, that moment was like time standing still then Richard Park and others vs. the nucks, I nearly put on my old ccm and put my head through the wall, that was a special deal there, fresh and fun, till Giguere had to be insane, just get in boys and who knows.

i hate to be a pesimist, but man the wild look bad. zero goals in 2 games on home ice. not good.

i get that pominville is a good player and a good locker room guy. but that trade was not good. buffulo is licking their chops. they get 2 players who are almost NHL ready, and if they can get score on one of the draft pics this turns into one player for three. i thought the plan was to play it out this year as is and then make some moves. well, now the wild are sweating it out just to make the playoffs and they still can't score goals.

they still don't have a solid 2 nd and 3 rd line. long ways away to be a contender.

Bring up Zucker, figure out who plays 2nd/3rd line between him and Pomminville. Squeak into the playoffs and probably lose to CHI, but start looking at who the Dman FAs and possible trades are. Gilbert is brutal, Falk is brutal, Stoner is brutal.

PMB got hit in the head last night, maybe that will be enough to put him out and bring Zucker up. He's maybe the shot of energy needed to get things rolling again.

I'd like to see Coyle back on the top line with Kouivu and Parise, they worked so well together. Move Pominville to the second with Granlund and Setoguchi.

Once Cullen is back he should center that second line.

That should be one heck of a 1-2 punch.