• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty nice win last night, although they made me nervous for a while there. Firewagon hockey usually doesn't end well for the Wild.

Nice to see Brodin score in front of his parents. First of many for that kid I think. Man is he ever playing at a high level for a 19 year old kid. Cullen just keeps bringing it every game. At the start of the season he kind of looked liked trade bait, but man, how do you trade the guy now? I'd almost rather see him get a short term extension if the money's reasonable. Even PMB looked pretty good.

The Suter/Parise - Koivu goal last night...I guess that's what $240 million in contracts looks like. It was a beauty. Suter has been great lately. Guy has as many assists right now as last season's leader among defensemen (Spurgeon). Plus it's always fun watching Cody McLoud get beat up.

Take a look at who's leading the team in points too. There seem to be a lot of Koivu haters out there, which I've never understood. Hard to find a better two way center, and in the past it wasn't fair to expect him to rack up big numbers when he had plow horses like Antti Mietnen (Antii Miss-the-net-nen) and Pavel "Mr October" Demitra alongside him.

Back end of the home/home should be a fun one on Saturday. Bet McLoud tries again, but he might look for a different dance partner next time...

No one else on the team will fight him except Rupp. He's my horse in the "who will kick Mcleods a$$" race.

Pretty play be Sut-Par-Koi for sure. Made the Avs look like they were just standing around. That's what good passing will do to any team.

With ya RK, Koivu is a tremendous player, he would make any team in the league better than they were so that sums up his value. I think he's the kind of guy you want at playoff time also, go watch Alex Ovechin play, man I'll keep Koivu for sure over a guy who mentally is tuned in and out of the game, a period, even a shift in the period. Wild are slowly but progressively gaining, I think even now the guys on the bench watching Parise and Suter are like mercy, we get to watch them for how long right here at the ex, awesome! The team and me really needed those signings bad.

Team is playing good hockey right now. Can't say enough about the 4th line. Rupp, Mitchell, and Z are looking great. We play well at home but I want to see this team get a quality road win. We got the Avs, Canucks, and the Wings on the road here in the next week. I want to see them go 2-1 on the trip.

No one else on the team will fight him except Rupp. He's my horse in the "who will kick Mcleods a$$" race.

Stoner maybe too. He drops 'em now and then.

Agree on the road games. Always tougher on the road obviously but this can't win on the road can't lose at home thing has been true off and on wit this team for years for some reason.

Cullen another good game, he looks like he is 26 not 36.

Brodin = Sweet first NHL goal.

Parise-Suter-Parise-Koivu goal was just WOW!

That sums it up- Cullen is my favorite player this year and its not even close. hes been so fun to watch and again last night 2 goals happened because of him basically. Went he left Greg Zanons jock in the fifth row that was hilarious! Cullen is creating 50% of our scoring chances as a team on his own right now. I hope he can keep it up.

Brodin CLEARLY needs to shoot more. Thats all ill say about that goal

Stoner could, could give him a go based on Stoner kinda throws punches with a purpose, kinda the way Kyle Clifford does, McCleod is a strong dude, but if Stoner stoned him with one it would be McCleod who would want to get stoned later. Konopka isn't a lot of fun to watch fight really, his style is kinda different, Stoner reminds me of Gerald Diduck some. Still a new tough bruiser for the Lanche is that Bordeleau guy, he can bring it.

Yiggin I missed that shot at Gregory Zanon, very well typed, lol, my favorite line of the month, Greg Zanons jock in the 5th row. I know that line through and through but having Greg Zanon / jockstrap giggling like a 12 year old boy in the school bathroom checking out my 1st centerfold ! Thank you Yiggin, on my 10th michelob tonight I be throwing that out at my hockey friends. smile We all couldn't stand Greg Zanon, we got really tanked one night and Zanon loaded up a slapper and the announcer said a cannon from Zanon and I'm certain in 5th grade I would've tee'd it up better than that although he muffed it really. The Clutterbuck vs. thee old Bruin/Wild Kobasew was kinda entertaining. If Kobasew wouldn't fired his hardest left Clutterbuck may have been a little cluttered it was wide open and he wouldn't let it rip.

Konopka lost that fight. But on the bright side, they came right out after that and scored like they usually do. They showed the pregame when McCloud and Konopka were talking at center ice durring warm ups, it looked they they were a couple of buddies.

I don't think there are too many fighters that won't drop em with Z, he doesn't seem to intimidate other teams, he seems more of a pest that they know they'll have to deal with if they make a run at our top guys.

Clutterbucks battle was a good one, I don't blame Kobasew for wanting to drop the gloves, IMO it was a little borderline on the hit, I am not calling it cheap, but if Clutter was in the midst of a check and another AV player came in and nailed him we'd be screaming! I only saw one replay of it so that is what I am basing that on.

That Parise to Suter to Parise to Koivu goal was one of the greatest plays in Wild history.

! Thank you Yiggin, on my 10th michelob tonight I be throwing that out at my hockey friends. smile

Your welcome! It was great! didnt you see it? Cullen came in the zone flying and gave him a little head fake and Zanon dropped to the ice like he heard someone yell "GRENADE!" to block a shot that was never coming and cullen skated circles around him, went right in on net and got a close range shot off at full speed that the goalie had no choice but to give up a rebound and someone was right there to stuff it in... forgot who. BUT THEN- Kevin Gorg comes on and says the wild bench was letting Zanon have it and chirping at him after the goal. Then the camera panned over to Zanon sitting on the bench and he had a stupid look on his face with his stupid beard and he was shaking his head and muttering profanities under his breath... It was classic!