• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Photo Contest Winners

Scoot

Thanks very much to all who contributed in any way to the Archery Photo Contest! We had a lot of people offer up pictures, but we also had people donate prizes and their time as well. Thanks a bunch!

To acknowledge those who offered prizes, I'll post the prizes below with the names of those who offered them. Thanks very much to those who did this- your generosity is appreciated!

Antler plaque mount- DonBo

Wildgame Mini-IR trailcam- Archerysniper

Havalon Piranta Edge knife and Zip Saw- Powerstroke and me

Weekend of ice fishing on LOW for one adult and one or two kids- boar

24" x 36" Custom Hunting map- NorthwoodsMap

HSO stickers, 3 pack of Muzzy MX-3s, folding knife, EBJ hat- Rick and me

Side note #1: You may notice that some of the winners also were people who donated prizes. I assure you this did not impact them being awarded a prize- the judges (I was not a judge) had no idea who donated prizes so their ratings were not impacted by this at all.

Side note #2: Neither HSO nor I is responsible for anything related to these prizes. They're being given for fun and are available due to the generosity of those who donated them. If something is broken, doesn't work like you hoped, falls apart, or doesn't meet your expectations, it's yours and yours to deal with! If that would happen, we suggest an "easy come, easy go" attitude towards dealing with it! winklaugh

Side note #3: Thanks very much to the HSO member who judged the contest. He, in addition to two buddies of mine, put in their time and expertise to pick the final winners. I won't mention his name, but if he wants to chime in he certainly can so people can thank him for his time and efforts.

So, with all of that in mind, here are your winners!

Hero #1: Prize = Antler Mount donated by DonBo (note: please speak with Don about getting you a mount- he will not be responsible for shipping or any problems that may arise from shipping/getting you the mount when it's done).

Slimgrizzly

full-14474-26909-2012mnbow.jpg

Hero #2: Prize = Wildgame Mini IR Trailcam donated by Archerysniper

NorthwoodsMaps

full-42006-27632-contestphoto.jpg

Hero #3: Prize = Havalon Piranta Edge knife (donated by Powerstroke) and a Zip Saw (donated by me).

Jstrommen13

full-18095-25819-image.jpg

Non-hero #1: Prize = Weekend of ice fishing at Lake of the Woods (note: this trip is for one adult and one or two kids, but there MUST be at least one person less than 17 years old in an effort to encourage kids to fish. He will not be "guiding" you, but you can fish in his house and he'll be fishing nearby and will help to ensure you're in a good spot, all geared up, and ready to roll. Talk to boar about details.)

NelsBells

full-1027-26617-ripleyyouthhunt3.jpg

Non-hero #2: Prize = a custom hunting map donated by Northwoodsmap (map can be ordered through his HSOforum at northwoodsmapping.com)

boar

full-2178-25239-downsized95100612160701.

Non-hero #3: Prize = HSO stickers (donated by Rick) and a 3 pack of Muzzy MX-3s (100 grain), knife, and Eastman's Bowhunting Journal hat (donated by me).

eyesonly

full-16165-26990-jakebow.jpg

To figure out how to get each of you your prizes, please contact the person listed below.

Slimgrizzly- talk to DonBo

NorthwoodsMap- PM me

jstrommen- PM me

Nels Bells- talk to boar

boar- contact NorthwoodsMap

eyesonly- PM me

Congrats to all of the winners and thanks very much to all who played. It was fun! Hopefully next year we'll be able to do it again!

Thanks allot Scoot for Putting on such a cool contest- Very fun to follow During the season. Nels bells , Im very jealouse you won a weekend in the Boars Nest ! That sounds like a allot of fun and a very interesting trip ! Congrats to the Winners and hoping you do it again Next year.

Eyes

Now that was way cool scoot! Count me in to help next year. I think that should be ur new tag name. Waycoolscoot. This was Crzy fun to be apart of an watch all the great pictures coming thru. Kudos to all! Boar

WOW that was way cool Scoot. Also thanks so much to the members who donated services and product for this contest. Next time I'll see if I can donate something to help keep this going, congratulations to all the winners!!!

Meat Run

Very cool contest!

Thanks to Scoot, those that donated prizes and their time, but most of all to everyone for participating. Contests are only as good as the participants.

Thumbs up to everyone!

Thanks Scoot for putting together this contest and a big thanks to the judges for selecting our photo. I would also like to thank everyone that donated prizes. smile

We have been so busy attending my son's wrestling matches the past 3 days that I have not been able to check out this site until now.

My son and I love to ice fish, so we are really excited about the opportunity to go to Lake of the Woods.

boar, I sent you a PM and thanks.

I'll try and come up with a prize to donate for next years photo contest.

Nels

My son and I love to ice fish, so we are really excited about the opportunity to go to Lake of the Woods.

Great! I hoped that'd be the case. I hope you guys to up there, have a great time, and catch some fish! I know boar is excited about the opportunity to show you guys some fish. Rumor has it boar even caught a couple fish one time, so maybe you'll get one or two! winkgrinlaugh

Seriously, please take some pics and get us a report after the fishing trip- we'd love to hear how it goes. Good luck!

Nels was your Pic from the Ripley Youth hunt ? Very Nice PIc. I love that hunt and so hope My boy gets drawn again this year. I belive we met last year and I couldnt remember if you said it was your Boys last year due to age for ripley or not But I could be thinking of someone else

Nels was your Pic from the Ripley Youth hunt ? Very Nice PIc. I love that hunt and so hope My boy gets drawn again this year. I belive we met last year and I couldnt remember if you said it was your Boys last year due to age for ripley or not But I could be thinking of someone else

Thanks eyesonly. The photo was taken during the youth hunt at Ripley. It was his first time doing the youth hunt. We had a great time and hope to get drawn again next year. He is only 14 so hopefully he gets drawn at least one more time.

Nels