• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My first archery buck, and WHAT A BUCK! A season recap

Powerstroke

One question, as I've never heard of this before. What is a "hunt coordinator"?

He was hunting in an organized metro hunt through the MBRB. There are several throughout the Twin City area. Each hunt has an organizer, or coordinator.

Thanks for the great comments everyone. I've always loved reading the stories from the other great people on this site and I'm glad I've been able to share some this year. Its my goal to try and video my hunts next year.

For those that aren't familiar with MBRB or the organized hunts, they are for deer management purposes to control deer populations in areas where the only predators are cars. Hunters have to be members, have a bowhunter ed certification from the DNR and pass a shooting test every year. Once all that is satisfied all hunts are lottery draw also. There are one or more "coordinators" that facilitate the hunts to ensure their success, which is measured in how many deer are taken with the least number of errors. Wounded deer are extremely bad PR for the organization and hunters in general. Hunters must be safe and effective.

Great buck, great story, and thanks for sharing it. I was about ready to hang it up for the season and switch to ice fishing but after reading this I'm going to keep at it as I am chasing my first archery deer. I am to the point now where I will let an arrow fly at anything brown, and that is a deer ofcourse.

Andy ,

GREAT BUCK!! I still get great pains in my stomach when I see your pictures on my phone. Following the hunt rules of 20 yard max. shots and have him quartering away at 27 yards 9 minutes before you shot him I 2nd guess myself. I did had the honor of helping with 3 out of your 4 deer and that smile tells the whole story.

Congratulations once again!

Wanderer,

Funny you mention karma because I spent an hour cleaning the archery range the sunday before the hunt of all the paper and other garbage on the range.

I also had mentioned it to the coordinator about creating some good karma for myself.

This was my 33rd fall bowhunting and if your heart does not beat faster at the sight of a deer in the woods I don't know what will.