• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You mean reality TV isn't real?

PurpleFloyd

'Storage Wars' star Dave Hester says show is fake, suing

Quote:
NEW YORK – “Storage Wars” may have a real war brewing with one of its stars.

Dave Hester, a former cast member, has filed a lawsuit against the show, according to RadarOnline.

In the lawsuit, Hester is claiming the series is fake, and he says when he made complaints to the network about the staged portions of the show he was fired, Radar reported.

The popular A&E reality show follows auctioneers and buyers as they bid on various storage units blindly and then raid their purchases in hopes of finding treasures.

According to Radar, Hester claims show producers plant valuable items in the units to presumably make the show more interesting. The suit also claims the show rigs the bidding process. In one part of Hester’s suit, he goes so far as to say the network paid for one female cast member’s plastic surgery to increase her sex appeal and make her more appealing to viewers.

Hester is seeking more than $750,000, claiming he was unfairly fired after expressing concerns that manipulating the lockers was illegal.

But a rep from the A&E told FOX 411 no such lawsuit exists to the network’s knowledge.

“We do not know about a lawsuit being filed and we do not comment on pending or threatened litigation,” the rep said in an email.

A rep for Hester declined to comment on the lawsuit.

And now he is also alleging that even Brandy might not be 100% real? Never saw that one coming.

Wait….wait….wait…..

So are you trying to tell me that the one dude on Ax Men who was hiding in the swamp shooting his bow at the competition’s boat while they were driving away wasn’t real and it was staged? Really? NO WAY smile

This story is just the beginning I bet.

I’m quite sure even my favorites like Deadliest Catch, Goldrush, and American Pickers are mostly staged. You know darn well those darn Pawn Shop shows are scripted from start to finish.

Although I bet the Amish Mafia is 100% real. LOL

Honestly, all I tuned in to see was Dave screw with Darryl, and goad his ego into overbidding a locker. Hilarious. Took me a while to figure out that Dave was/is a pretty good poker player, and I had seen him on TV on the WSOP tour a few years ago. He was obnoxious back then, too, but it plays to his strategy. IMHO Dave was the smartest regular on there, and I now know why he often left with empty trucks.

I doubt Brandi had work done during the show; my money would be on the italian looking gal who showed up later on in the series. Plastic Surgery? YUUUUUUP!!!

Jungle Gold is hilarious. 2 former frat boys trying to find gold in africa. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm really curious to know if the back story has any truth to it. They claim to be over a $1 million in debt from bad real estate investments and somehow they think going to africa to look for gold is the answer. Its just too funny not to watch. Of course I'm cheering for them to crash an burn every episode, so far I haven't been disappointed.

Same holds true for American Pickers... Neither of them guys were really "hardcore" pickers before they show.. I think the tall guy had is toe dipped into the antiquing business.. but I've read that Frank hadn't done a single bit of picking before the show had aired.. and was also just a part-time antique-er

Wait….wait….wait…..

So are you trying to tell me that the one dude on Ax Men who was hiding in the swamp shooting his bow at the competition’s boat while they were driving away wasn’t real and it was staged? Really? NO WAY smile

I wouldn't put it past Shelby though that he was 110% a tweeker.. that guy snorts and wipes his nose more than any guy i've ever seen

Anyone that watches storage wars and has a brain knows the lockers are set up for them. It just happens that none of the other yahoos showing up are willing buy one of the lockers?

those folks are called "stand-ins" they are just there to fill the room.. doubt any of them ever go to auctions.. would seem even more suspicious if only 5 of them were there to bid on lockers

If you want reality then you need look no farther than Shipping Wars. That is the only show that matters.
That show is bogus too. Everything gets there all busted up and they still get paid! Or the owner brings out a chain saw to cut things up to get them in the door! Who would plan a shipment like that! Boogguus! whistle

The funny thing is if you watch the shows American Pickers, Pawn Stars both the Storage Wars, American Restoration oh and Cajun Pawn Stars you will notice that an item will be found in a locker and then in another show it will be sold at the Pawn Shop by someone not from the other show!!! If you thought these weren't staged then I am sorry but Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real either....haha