• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally connected...

Stratosman

Alot of scouting, alot of prep, and alot of hunting finally all came together last night... But it almost was a complete disaster...

Had all week off to bowhunt and was spending alot of time in the stand on two different farms with zero daytime movement of mature bucks, lots of little ones, but that's it. I knew they were there due to the trail cam pics over the last few months, but like they always seem to be, they were ghosts.

Last evening after an uneventful all day sit, it came down to the last 15 minutes of light. I saw a nice 10 enter the creek for a drink, I hit the grunt to get his attention followed by a can bleat, and he came in on a string to 10 yards, I draw back and miss! Cant figure out what happened! I know now it was poor mechanics, not bending at the waist and probably rushing the shot as I has a small window.

Coudnt believe what happened. I was beside myself! He only walked off a little ways and stopped. I knocked another arrow and grunted to no avail, he walked off. I turned back around still in shock and caught movement 50 yards away on the creek bank.. another buck.. only a little bigger! I hit the grunt and can, he stopped and turned on a dime and trotted right down in to the creek at 35 yards, turned broadside and I crushed him! Double lung, he went 50 yards and I watch his legs buckle.

Still can't believe what went down last night... unreal! I have a velvet trail cam pic of him as well!

Same stand I shot the 150" from last year.. about 10 feet apart..

8-21-016.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

Thanks alot...

Glad i missed the first one..??? Not sure.. it was about the same size, maybe a bit smaller, but missing sucks, especially a chip shot like that. Pretty embarrased about it actually. Replayed it over and over and although I shot tons of arrows all year, I never practiced a shot like that from 25' up a tree and 10 yards out...but the doe I shot was the same shot and I piped her. In 20 years I have never missed a chip shot like that before. Hope it was a one time deal!

But.... in this case, I'm willing to accept it!