• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can't decide....

Stratosman

Got this young stud of an 8 pointer on camera a few times... I can tell he is a young deer, but I love big 8's and it would be hard to pass him up...

8-21-018.jpg

I have 5 different deer that are between 130-140 with one pushing 150"... I know next year he could be a 130" 8, I want to say I would pass him, but if he strolls by it's gonna be tough...

With a 150 running around I wouldnt hesitate to pass on him. But that me, Now if he goes by, decides to turn around and walk by again, then does it once again all bets are off LOL.

He's going to be a stud for sure in the future, look at those G2s!!!

Let him walk and wait another year. Now that big 10pt would get an arrow right through the ole pump station, no second thoughts needed about that.

I let a buck about the same size walk last year here at Ripley. Rack was nice and wide, perfect 8, just a young deer with thin rack. Hoping he made it through the year, and if he decides he wants to spend another 45 minutes under my stand eating acorns, he will feel the sting of a Nightmare broadhead!

If hes a "big 8" to you and your happy with him... shoot him! But guess what, he'll be bigger next year!

If I was after a big 8 point... I think id be looking for that PORKER in the last photo! shocked THAT looks like your shooter! Then shoot the other one next year. Its just that easy! grin

Nice options to have! The bucks I have on camera at my mo-in-laws so far look a little different than the ones you're getting! Man oh man, I'd be tickled pink just to get a pic of any one of those guys you've got roaming around. That being said, if you're happy with him now, take him! Or, do what I do- pass on him in hopes of getting a crack at a bigger one. Late in the year if you haven't filled your tag and you're still happy taking him, do so if you get the chance. Like slim said above though... he'll be bigger next year!

Anyway you slice it, you've got a dang good problem to deal with.

Ha, it seems "okay" there must be something they like in that sand pile, lots of pictures of deer sniffing around in it, also that dead stick hanging down in the background is a licking branch, kinda neat seeing all the deer sniffing and playing around with it.

Hard to tell with velvet on, he is gonna have the mass of a 2-1/2 year old, which I think is all he is....next year he would be a real dandy. I guess I am gonna have to wait to see if I get lucky enough to see him in person. My luck just like every year, the groups break up and never see any of them again.. cry

Wonder what he scores, even though its not that important to me, just curiousas to opinions. I am thinking 120" ???

Bird in the hand wink. A lot is going to chance soon and those bucks aren't going to be easy to get on. Shoot what makes you happy and don't worry about anyhting else. I would tag the first one in range but that is just me.