• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

course up or north up?

Whopper Stopper

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North up for me too.

My buddy has his stuff set to track up. I don't know how some of you guys can stand it wink It's like having only one little waypoint for a reference as to where you are in the world, verses an entire map.

For me two dimensions are better than one smile

On a related subject, I always laugh a little when I see somebody spin a paper map around to match their course smile

But in the end, whatever works for you is all that really matters.

Geesh, after reading the title I would have thought it'd be like 90% north and 10% course...very surprising to me to see that it's split almost evenly.

I'm a north up guy, don't like the spinning map.

Course up because I can be directionally challanged but based on the suggestions, I will have to try switching to north up for slowley working a spot. But definately course up when under way.

I also use look ahead which puts the boat location lower on the screen, instead of the center. This gives you more to view in the direction you are heading.

I was looking for that 'look ahead' feature yesterday, but could not find it. What menu is it in?

Course up. I got used to it fishing a river system where I had to split small islands and rocks, put the bow on the trail in front of you and go. Funny tho, when I map on dry ground I use N up.

I was looking for that 'look ahead' feature yesterday, but could not find it. What menu is it in?

On my Humminbird 798c it's called Birdseye View, I like that too but I usually run North up anyway.

Mike

Geesh, after reading the title I would have thought it'd be like 90% north and 10% course...very surprising to me to see that it's split almost evenly.

I'm a north up guy, don't like the spinning map.

I agree... I'm surprised by the amount of course up.

Course up because I can be directionally challanged but based on the suggestions, I will have to try switching to north up for slowley working a spot. But definately course up when under way.

I also use look ahead which puts the boat location lower on the screen, instead of the center. This gives you more to view in the direction you are heading.

Does Humminbird have the look ahead feature? If so, where is it?