• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hatfield vs McCoy series on History channel

harvey lee

Pretty good so far. Lot's of killen & drinken going on! I wonder what the people that are from that area today think about.

H o w sloooow t h e i r descendents are protrayed? tired

DVR'd it, will get to it some other time. Looks great in previews.

harvey lee, are you a Waterworld fan too? wink

No, never seen it.

My wife and I spent 2 weeks out east in these states and went up into the hills of numerous states. Some still live not much more advanced than what these shows have for homes except electricity. Home brew is still made and I do not know if I could live that life but I guess if you were brought up that way, then you know no difference.

Beautiful areas though.

No, never seen it.

My wife and I spent 2 weeks out east in these states and went up into the hills of numerous states. Some still live not much more advanced than what these shows have for homes except electricity. Home brew is still made and I do not know if I could live that life but I guess if you were brought up that way, then you know no difference.

Beautiful areas though.

I recken yous right! wink

when i was done with basic training in Ft. Cambell Kentucky i was bussed to Ft. Gordon Georgia for military police training. i remember as we drove through the mountains there seeing the lifestyle there was amazing to me at the time. goats walking around on the front porch attached to what looked like a boarded up shack. lot's of other things like broken stuff just laying all over. looked like the Beverly Hillbillies before they moved to better times. but they made due with what they had.

even now when i go down to Branson once in awhile staying on Table Rock Res. i see old stoves and refrigerators in peoples front lawn and i just smile. the people there have been real friendly in the times i was down there. good luck.

Oh, you dont have to go to far east to find that. Just take a little cruise about 100 SE of where you are, and I think schooling was a second choice for education wink

My wife's family is from there, and trust me, it is an entire different world there.

the only thing i do when i go to southern MN is take 35W and forget everything on each side. i can honestly say outside of being in Mankado once i have never seen southern MN. probably going to one time for a get together down there so i can make some sausage for Eric. my heart is up north but i think there are some nice folks down there also. i just have to have pines and birch trees around me i guess and the sound of wolves. good luck.

harvey lee, are you a Waterworld fan too? wink

Hee Hee!

I've been watching it and it's not too bad. I was expecting a little more, but compared to what is on TV this time of year (baseball and NBA) it's something to watch. I like Costner in these types of roles too and I think that the "Bad Frank" character was the sheriff in "Open Range" with Costner and Duvall as well. Tonight is the last night. Hope it goes out with a bang!

Taking about the hills, my Father was out east about 25 years ago and up in the hills of Kentucky. He was not sure where he was exaclty so he stoped and asked a lady about 50 where this certain town was, I forgot the name. She said she had never heard of it.

Well, dad continued down the road and approx a hour from asking her, he found it to be the next town.

Now that is staying in your own neighborhood and never getting out. This is a true story and no baloney.

i watched it last night and it was ok, but i was thinking it was more like a documentary type show. seems like someone was getting killed every 5 minutes. i told my wife that it cant be possible that there were so many Hatfields and McCoy's. seems like they would have to have kept marriage within the families grin. good luck.

Quote:
i told my wife that it cant be possible that there were so many Hatfields and McCoy's. seems like they would have to have kept marriage within the families .

At the end of the third episode there was a statement that 60 members of the two families finally signed a truce in 2003...talk about carrying a grudge.. grin

One of my daughter's classmates from high school is a descendant of one of the families - don't know which one, but I suppose they are spread all over the country by now..

i watched it last night and it was ok, but i was thinking it was more like a documentary type show. seems like someone was getting killed every 5 minutes. i told my wife that it cant be possible that there were so many Hatfields and McCoy's. seems like they would have to have kept marriage within the families grin. good luck.

Do a wiki search on the Hatfields and McCoys. The movie didn't stray too far from what supposedly happened as far as the main events are concerned.

I enjoyed the series, I wonder also how much was dramatized up for TV and how much was based on true events. Hard to say with something taking place 150+ years ago, both families would have their versions of history.

I remember reading about the treaty signed in 03, if I remember it was all more commercialized/ceremonial type event.

I got the chance to watch it and it was pretty good....though disturbing that an entire family group could carry that kind of hatred for another family group? I figured that it was dramatized for television, but then I heard from several sources that it was pretty much factual and followed historical developments pretty closely.

I thought that it was kevin Costners best role ever? I seen him in just about all his stuff from Dances with wolves to water world to open range

and he played Devil Anse hatfield to a tee.

Don't know if it is me or TV and movies in general. I have a hard time understanding the actors, it seems like they are talking with mush in their mouths. I noticed this recently on the H vs Mc series and on The Killing.

In the Killing, Holder is many times hard to understand and other than Costner most of the actors in this series mumble.

Anyone else agree?

Me too. I had the volume up quite a bit just to help out understanding what they are saying. My ears are not as good as they once was...