• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What does your spear cost

fish4u

How much did you pay for your spear. Guys will pay $500.00+ for a deer rifle that they may shoot once or twice if there lucky but dont want to spent much on a good spear. post a pic of yours maybe Gordie can post mine fish4u

I have one that I made and I have one that my father made in 1956 that I used to quite a few years.

I found a Milton Belts hand madespear a garage sale for $20.00 and I would part with it for any amount of money.This spear is the nicest spear I have ever thrown and I belive it was made in the 40's.

I also purchased a Roger Cook spear Last year that I think I paid $170.00 or but cant remember or maybe I dont want to grin and It throws like a dream.

I spent 35 dollars for mine about 15 years ago at fleet farm. I also buy them at auctions. My dad has a nine tine Randall that I will evEntually inherit. If I ever find one like it at auction or garage sale I would be willing to pay quite a bit.

$150-Amish

I was beginning to wonder you have been awful quiet this winter.

I have no idea on the price of mine but it's nice and priceless to me. It's was a extremely close friend of mines. I got it after he passed of a heart attack while hunting on the Wyoming side of the black hills. I can still hear his deep belly chuckle like it was yesterday and can't help but feel he's sitting in the house watching down the hole with me.

My first one was a five tiner for five bucks. I added two more tines and a steel handle. I've bought two Brainerd spears, one for thirty and one for fortyfive. I've made six, but gave three away for presents. I haven't seen one too heavy yet.

full-8877-17827-076.jpg

I have three. My dad bought them for himself, me and my brother. One is a 1972, mine is a 1980, and my brothers is a 1979. My dad passed away and my brother moved out of state so I have all three. I think the oldest is a Heine Louis and the other two were made by Storms welding in Cologne? I have seen the used ones listed for $500. I will never sell them, I will pass them on to my children. My 12 year old speared his first this past weekend. I hope to use one at the GTG on Saturday if I can make it.

The Henry Lewis style spears in the pictures are great. I bought one from a private party for $125.00 about 20 years ago. It has a walnut handle and I will never sell it. I have heard they go at auctions for close to $1000.00. I knew Henry personally. He died many years ago, but his pattern lives on. Good luck.