• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Luck Ponder!

FISHINGURU

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty rhetorical question since how can anyone know if a player reached their full potential? Who knows ifManning, Brady or Brees have reached their full potential or if there was a little more skill left untapped.

Reaching his full potential or not - could Ponder be a Super Bowl winning QB in MN? Sure, why not.

We need a real #1 WR, we haven't had one since Randy. No one is going to reach their full potential throwing to a bunch of shlubs.

+1. MN has one good slot WR (harvin). And no other WRs to stretch the field. They have a lot of positions to fill, but maybe they will spend a 1st rounder next year on a potential #1 big WR.

i'll be a Viking fan regardless of what happens this year. i've been a fan since day one and will be until and if they leave. Frazier will not be fired and it's premature in my opinion to judge him at this point. same with Ponder. we have a half a season left and then the opinions will have more weight including mine which is of a monday morning quarterback. everyone knows this team needs some key players. i also dont like Fraziers news conferences. Extremly predictable and boring. same on the sidelines, to calm for me but who knows what goes on behind closed doors. we will see who stay's and who goes next year, who we draft and sign as free agents. that will tell a bigger story. good luck.

That's a pretty rhetorical question since how can anyone know if a player reached their full potential? Who knows ifManning, Brady or Brees have reached their full potential or if there was a little more skill left untapped.

Reaching his full potential or not - could Ponder be a Super Bowl winning QB in MN? Sure, why not.

I didn't mean it as a rhetorical question, though it cannot be answered definitively at this point. I was (and remain) interested in what Vikes fans think about the organization and its ability to recruit and develop young quarterbacks.

You didn't answer my question. You just redefined the question to suit yourself. Turning him into a prototypical pocket passer doesn't necessarily mean he'll reach his full potential in Minnesota.

It's all good. smile

That's because I thought it was a silly question the way you phrased it.

That's because I thought it was a silly question the way you phrased it.

I wasn't referring to you, but to SkunkedAgain. My post immediately followed his, and I figured (mistakenly) that I didn't have to quote his post for folks to understand I was replying directly to him.

+1. MN has one good slot WR (harvin). And no other WRs to stretch the field. They have a lot of positions to fill, but maybe they will spend a 1st rounder next year on a potential #1 big WR.

That's what I'd do at this point, either that or a sure fire O-line stud. We should have a top 5 draft pick so there will be some awesome talent available if we make the right pick.

I hope Ponder continues to throw into double and triple coverage more often. He seems to be much more accurite when making bad decisions versus throwing the ball to the correct receiver. Serioulsty when he has somebody open he throws it poorly most of the time and when he throw's the ill advised ones they are pretty good for the most part!

Quote:
I was (and remain) interested in what Vikes fans think about the organization and its ability to recruit and develop young quarterbacks.

Thats easy.

I think it's just like every single team in the NFL you need 95 percent luck and a 4 percent basic coaching skill set. What I'm saying is there is no magic potion or better way a team recruits or develops young QB's.

I will say I do enjoy how WE as fans over analyze pro sports, so thanks for that!

grin

Can't wait to see Ponder with some protection and a couple legit WR's. The best QB's in the league would of had a bad season with our line and WR's.

He's showing flashes of good and also flashes of bad, thats expected from a rookie qb, especially with no off season, new coach, no line, no wr's, ect.

Never understood why the Vikes have the best RB in the game yet never try to make a dominant O-line. You'd think that would of been #1 priority with the best RB and over the hill QB's.

YAAAAAAAAWN, Still to early to tell anything. He's still basically a rookie and he still doesn't have a good O-line or a real #1 WR.

As I look around I understand the sky is falling and everyone on our team needs to be cut and traded but how bout having a little patience?

I agree he looks like dung right now, but so did 75% of the leagues QB's that are good now when they went through this.

We are not a QB away from winning the superbowl this season so might as well play it out and see what happens.

YAAAAAAAAWN, Still to early to tell anything. He's still basically a rookie and he still doesn't have a good O-line or a real #1 WR.

As I look around I understand the sky is falling and everyone on our team needs to be cut and traded but how bout having a little patience?

I agree he looks like dung right now, but so did 75% of the leagues QB's that are good now when they went through this.

We are not a QB away from winning the superbowl this season so might as well play it out and see what happens.

+1

QB's usually take some time to develop. You have to give them at least 3 or 4 years - otherwise you turn into the Browns/Lions with an endless carousel of terrible QBs

Actually, this is why I argued so hard that it wasn't smart to start Ponder. You don't get much of a sophomore slump when the learn on the bench for a while. Cam, Dalton, Gabbert, and Ponder are all a part of last year's QB rookie sensations that are struggling in their second years.

I think that Ponder will still do well but it takes time. The Vikings really need to find a #1 receiver.