• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

glove help!

chuckwagon

I need input from the bow hunters on what gloves or mitts you wear in the field? When its only getting up to about 35 for a high? I have been using the half finger mitts but my hands are always frozen. And they always turn inside out when I take them off ... let me know what you guys and gals do

My fingers used to always get cold. Now I find myself usually just wearing light gloves throughout the entire season. Make sure your core and head are warm and you'll find that your extremities will stay much warmer as well. Try wearing a neck gaitor. Once I started wearing one of those, I never had issues with being cold. Heck, I wore one this morning and it was 47.

Small gloves with muff when it starts to cool off. A muff with handwarmers will take care of you when it gets really cold out. I have run into a few occasions when I had to have my bow ready for an extended period of time and froze my hands a bit but hopfully you will have your good friend mr adrenalin to keep you warm. That or wear a warmer glove for you bow hand and a smaller glove for your release that you can slide into your muff while you wait for mr or mrs deer to get into position.

Most of the season I just wear jersey gloves. When it's cold my hands are in my pockets with handwarmer 90% of the time & the bow's hung up. I do have some heavier insulated cloth gloves for colder weather, but even then they are mostly in my pockets with a handwarmer & I keep squeezing whatever's part's the coldest against it. Just keep them moving.

I have glove issues also. I don't want them too thick, yet I want them to keep my fingers warm. I have used the glomits, I really like them when it gets really cold. I can usually stick one finger out of the mitten and be able to pull the trigger. I did buy a pair of midweight from cabelas that are like mechanichs gloves, hoping they are nice. Never use a muff, too hard to use when I am always holding on to my bow.

I wear the glovmits with jerzey gloves in them. They come off nice and i still have the dexterity in my fingers to use the release. I can just flip the tip of the mitten part over and it has a hand warmer in it if needed.

Works great.

Froggy

I'm with bigbucks, I use the jersey gloves with the fingers cut off on the right gloves, with my bow hung, with my hands in my pockets with the chemical hand warmers, I go thru them by the gross, I open a new set every time I go out hunting (once it gets colder). I also second the neck gaiter!!! Best heat regulator I have, besides my wife!!! smilesmile

Two good options for me have been the military green wool glove liners with the three fingers cut off on my release hand or my current setup is Under Armor glove liners. They fit snug and still have great feel for the bow and no need to cut the fingers off on the release hand. I just keep my hands in my pockets and rarely use handwarmers. Maybe in December but that is about it.

I go the jersey glove route with the handwarmers in the pockets as well. My hands only need to get cold when its time to shoot. Last year, however I won one of those electric warming muffs (FANCY!)from Prairie Pothole Days and may have to try that out this year while drinking tea with my pinky finger raised on stand.

My fingers used to always get cold. Now I find myself usually just wearing light gloves throughout the entire season. Make sure your core and head are warm and you'll find that your extremities will stay much warmer as well. Try wearing a neck gaitor. Once I started wearing one of those, I never had issues with being cold. Heck, I wore one this morning and it was 47.

+1

neck gaiters are AWESOME. that, combined with a hand muff, and light gloves is what I go with

I like wearing the under armor glove liners like said they are tight and comfortable you wont lose any feel for your trigger or anything and then I love my muff with a hand warmer in the pocket. Keep my hands in the muff the whole time and then when I have to pull them out to shoot they are still covered for the brisk cold and also covered so the deer dont see

under Armor are great. I never used to wear any gloves. I use the under Armor and can feel the trigger like I want to. They are great. I use them into Jan. bowhunting on really cold days add in the hand muff with hand warmers.