• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flash Mob

FM_Mike

I was and just Googled. Google is our friend. grin

A flash mob (or flashmob) is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and sometimes seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, artistic expression or—in some cases—violence. Flash mobs are organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails

Mike

Can someone tell me what a flash mob is and what the purpose a one is. I must be getting to old not to know this stuff.

Mike

I think you could consider a Flash Mob the happenings that occur at virtually every public boat ramp in Minnesota on opening day of walleye season and least I forget your opening day of duck season around the public marshes near the cities is pretty much a Flash Mob as well. Tons of people doing the same thing in the same place at a predetermined time!!!

As with most anything, this new "thing" has both sides of society. I'd 99% of the mobs that you hear are strange/funny/meaningful plots. Then you have the 1% that form a flash mob and do a mass robbery on a convenience store. Just something created by social media. I enjoy some of the flash mob scenes. The July 4th one was awesome, one of the airlines did a flash mob at an airport and rocked out some xmas music for the customers, then just acted like nothing happened and returned to work, lol.

Another sign of a sick, deteriorating society that has too much of everything....mainly time to p--s away on games, electronic doo-dads and senseless activity.

Be patient....you will soon see a flash mob that will unleash all the animals in the zoo and some people/property will suffer.

Anybody else see the recent study showing that today's 26 year old has the maturity of yesterday's 16 year old? Very interesting.

Okay then (grumble grumble) heading back into my cave...(shuffle shuffle growl....